Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 27-10-2007, 02:38 PM   #121
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
This thread show why road rage starts, some people need to grow up.

Exactly right...Then you see them on the news with stiches all over their face saying how they did absoloutley nothing wrong whatsoeverher and the other guy was mad. Thats why i never give sympathy unless I know the full story.
Old 27-10-2007, 02:49 PM   #122
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecrain
Most of you say that you simply move out of the way- this a good option if you have where to move.
Problems start when you're drviving on one lane road (doing ~84km in the 80km/h zone with no oportunity to overtake) and you have a dude so close that you don't even see his lights in the rear view mirror.
Once I had to slow down in that situation as something (I think a cat) run across the road just in front of me and this guy behind me almost crashed as he slammed on his brakes and lost control.
I'm just happy he didn't bend my rear bumper.

).

84? not 83 or 85? He almost hit you? Do you think it was a cat but not sure because you didnt see because you were spending more time looking in the mirror behind, rather than driving in the one lane and doing the limit and not worrying about someone who hasnt touched your car behind? Why even keep your eyes on him? Drive straight, look forward and only worry if you hear sirens behind...Dont worry about something that almost happened but didnt, If I did that Id have alot of problems in life that I would have bought on myself.
Old 27-10-2007, 02:52 PM   #123
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creampuff
Tailgaters are w**kers! Anyone like that behind me and I sit exactly on the speed limit!
And thats a good thing, long as its not on the right lane of a freeway, though Im not sure if its illegal up there like in Vic...Not saying you do :
Old 27-10-2007, 02:54 PM   #124
t2te50
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by drag
Well you are stupid arent ya?, even tho they tailgate its not worth killing them over it.Just think about this...They tailgate u brake like a loser they try to avoid hitting you and bang they hit a tree or a pole or mayb worse...
Bloody think before you do .
Stupid? Why? If they come to grief its their own fault and no one elses. You obviously don't know your road rules.
Old 27-10-2007, 03:03 PM   #125
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just to all the people who slam their brakes, The first thing I will say is that I dont tailgate at all, The second is that I dont get into road rage and will swallow my pride to avoid such a thing, but if ever someone slams their brakes on me anytime down the track without a good reason or more importantly cause they get their kicks out of it and I run up their ***, It will be on the news how someone was left for dead after a road accident..Dont think slamming your brakes on someone is a happy ending for you all the time, Thats all Im saying!!
Old 27-10-2007, 11:28 PM   #126
drag

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2te50
Stupid? Why? If they come to grief its their own fault and no one elses. You obviously don't know your road rules.
Would u be able to sleep at night thinking u killed some1 just couse they were tailgating u? I dont think so..dont tell me you could i know you couldnt.
People like you need to think b4 action.

Tell me why does it annoy you just coz they are too close and just becouse the rules say so...shut up and bloody ignore it and if it come to him slamming u then you know you didint do anything wrong.

People that slam there brakes and the person rear ends em then the person that slammed the brakes should be at fault just couse he did it on pourpose...

Old 27-10-2007, 11:33 PM   #127
Bobman
Regulator

I would happily sleep at night.

The less tail gaters on the road, the better.

The best thing to do is progressively slow down and give them a "scare" then boot off and continue.

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Old 28-10-2007, 03:03 AM   #128
bonspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I do hundreds of kilometers a week, one thing that upsets me more than ever is when some one can not comprehend the speed limit and sits 10-20 klms below it. I know 10 k below the limit isn't really going to add a lot of your time to your journey, but why cant these people pull over and let you past?

If I see someone behind me that is obviously going faster than I would like I LET THEM PAST. there are plenty of opportunities for it and I don't know why more people are a not a little more courteous.

I'm a shocker for tailgating, if you are doing under the speed limit ill switch my lights on and travel on your rear bumper, slowing down in front of me isn't going to work because chances are ill hit you.

Do the speed limit or if you are not comfortable with it GET OUT OF THE WAY. I hope everyone doesn't think Im some sort of freak out there speeding everywhere because im not, I just like to stick to the limits and sometimes just above them, but never more than 10%.

Grey nomads are becoming more of an issue these days, driving around oblivious to anything that is going on around them holding up lines of traffic, its in these situations when people get impatient and start to do all sorts of silly overtaking moves. Over the years I've seen some downright scary things. Its so frustrating when all you want to do is the limit. I feel sorry for the poor truckies who are stuck behind these tossers, If my ute was speed limited Id be ready to kill some of the ignorant buggers before too long.
Old 28-10-2007, 09:52 AM   #129
twr7cx

Depends whose in the car with me and whose in the car tailgating and what type of car. i.e. a middle aged man in a new Commodore I'll definately hit the brakes, but if they're in a box no way as they may not be worried about damaging there car.
If I'm in my X2 Excel I'll drop it back a gear or 2 and straight off the clutch. Or I'll slow right down. I've even just stoped once before. I'd rather like it if someone wrote that car off for me.
Old 28-10-2007, 03:00 PM   #130
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by twr7cx
Depends whose in the car with me and whose in the car tailgating and what type of car. i.e. a middle aged man in a new Commodore I'll definately hit the brakes, but if they're in a box no way as they may not be worried about damaging there car.
If I'm in my X2 Excel I'll drop it back a gear or 2 and straight off the clutch. Or I'll slow right down. I've even just stoped once before. I'd rather like it if someone wrote that car off for me.
Christ some just dont get it.
Its so simple,worry about what YOU do,not about what someone else is doing,you might want someone to write of your car,but what if that person is a maniac and writes off your head,
or looses control and kills someones family,no matter how you try to justify it,in that situation YOU contributed to it.
Old 28-10-2007, 03:04 PM   #131
JAZSXY
Parts Fiend

I was doing the limit on my way home down Chapel St, and some middle aged fool in his CRV wouldnt get off my bumper and the high beams. Slowed down and locked the brakes outside Prahan cop shop briefly.

frenzal56, falconxr, loosecannon, lima_been, bo5ton, Mardk, Chapter Four, leakey, POELWYK, Dman4.0, rayban76, tutor, PridenJoy, Aplito Futura, sbutler, Bosko, storta1, portokatsiki, AUte, 5.8, xxxg, FTW-302, LeadFoot81, Peuty, BillM, Sox, needfordspeed, watejs06, CATXR8
Old 28-10-2007, 03:09 PM   #132
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

This thread should have been titled " How many heros do we have on AFF"

I thought most of our members were better than that....
Closed Thread