Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-10-2007, 07:51 PM   #31
GORDZ
OMGORDZ

outbackjack, that is a fantastic post. mind if I use that in court?

BA XR6 Ute, twin throttlebodied blueprint.
GORDZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2007, 07:54 PM   #32
3vXT

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
If you're listening Skynet, proceed no further. Your victory will be your defeat.
Hate to tell you but Skynet wins.
3vXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2007, 08:05 PM   #33
schnoods
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In all seriousness, Anyone who does a rediculous speed could not be called a motoring enthusiast.

The woman doin 200 on mandurah road was just asking for it, Regardless what year stato it was the breaks are average at best, she didn't accidently go over, it was purposely, it wasn't negligence or ignorance or even error of judgement, it was hooning.

As For the Kwinana man, well he lives within 10 minutes of the motorplex in WA, they have drags on Wednesday, twice a month on fast fridays, and 2nd monday of every month - burnouts and street drags. As for the woman, Mandurah RD pretty much leads to the motorplex as well so the excuse of no venues cant really be used over here.

Being under the influence, it is now a criminal offence. Hope they throw a book at these reckless stupid excuses for drivers. The Law is the Law, step over it and you are in no mans land.

As for NaturaL Selection taking car of the stupid, well its a shame they normally take out a few innocent people as well. Just can't allow it.

95 EF XR8, Advance headers, Vortech V2 t trim blower, Ported Cobra Manifold, Capa Switch Chip Eliminator. 307 rwhp 395 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105mph

Now NA- AFR 165 heads, 1.6RR, Ported Cobra 269rwhp 14.2 ... needs stall and 4.11's

1977 CL Chrysler Panel Van, 360, 727 torqueflite auto soon to be restored.
schnoods is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2007, 11:57 PM   #34
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzz
outbackjack, that is a fantastic post. mind if I use that in court?
What are you in court for?? Nothing special about what I said. I just seems like common sense.
Old 31-10-2007, 12:18 AM   #35
MAFIA
Grange killer!!!!

Default woman hoon arrested

A WOMAN caught driving at an estimated 200km/h is among three hoons to have their cars seized by police in Mandurah on the weekend.

Police followed a Holden Statesman for several kilometres before pulling over the 29-year-old driver at the intersection of Meadow Springs Dve and Madora Rd.

It will be alleged the woman reached speeds of up to 200km/h in a 100km/h zone.

She was charged with reckless driving and her car was impounded for 48 hours under WA's anti hoon laws.

She is due to appear in Mandurah Magistrates Court tomorrow.

A 21-year-old Kwinana man had his Holden Commodore seized after it was clocked travelling at 140km/h in an 80 km/h zone on Mandurah Road in wet weather at 6.20am on Saturday.

Police said the driver, his five passengers and other roads users were put at risk by his driving.

The man will be charged by summons with reckless driving, excess 0.05 and possessing a smoking implement.

His car was issued with a yellow sticker for various defects defects, including bald tyres.

A P-Plate driver had his Holden HSV Club Sport impounded after allegedly trying to race a Holden utility at traffic lights on Mandurah Rd.

Police allege the car completed a 20m "burnout'' as it raced away from the lights at about 9.35pm Friday.

The driver will be charged by summons for causing excessive noise.

PerthNow

INSURED BY MAFIA. YOU HIT US, WE KILL YOU!

FORD FTE AU T-SERIES CLUB OF AUSTRALIA
www.tseriesclub.org
MAFIA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2007, 09:11 AM   #36
normxb
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Location: Sitting on the Dunny , Contemplating "What to do Next".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outbackjack
Personally I hope that we never see those kind of laws here. Because the apathy of the average Australian would see the laws become harder and harder. What I mean is, first, they go after "hoons", next they go after repeat, drunks. All seems reasonable so far. But what will happen when these laws make no difference?? Have a look at our state governments at the moment. How long before they start to crush cars for simply speeding, even just a little bit.

I am sure that there will be the usual perfect citizens chime in here with the usual "well if you dont speed you will never have to worry". These people really impress me with they way they carry the burdon of perfection with such dignity and grace. I really wish that I lived in their world.

But think about it guys & girls. Would you really want to give any government and/or police in this country the power to destroy people's cars?? *** Would it really make a difference in the long run? Or would it create a group of people that become so full of hate for society that they do far worse things than "hoon" in their cars.

There must be a better way.
Yea , OBJ
I wouldn't like to see them come in here ,really . Although I do agree with it in a "Small" way . Only trouble is , if it works for one type of offence how long before they take the next step , then the next . We know the trouble in NT , and would be ridiculous to see it happen there on the open roads .

I think it's only a couple of States in the US where thay can do this .

Maybe for the "Habitual Street Racer" say 4th time caught in built up areas .

"Habitual Excessive Drunk Drivers" . You see some guy come out of court , been suspended 3-4 times , get in his car and drive off . I think it was in Perth , some guy had been booked 20-30+ times .

"Habitual Accident Prone Drivers" ( I know 1 guy in Sydney , 7 accidents , 9 people hurt , but never him , he used to get off every time somehow . It was never his fault , but it was always the front of his car shoved in ?)

It would have to be heavily monitored , not just 1 Policeman or 1 Magistrate , but a panel of people . But there goes the costs .....

It would have to be a "Last resort" before gaol time .

Don't know of a better way , but still needs a lot of thought ...

*** I should have kept the article that was with the pics , apparently there was a 65-70% decrease in street racing in 3 months . In one instance a kid got his car crushed , borrowed his mates car ? ? ? he's got 2 cars to pay off now .

Norm .

Keeping FORDS in the family

(Embarressment :yeees: , Son now has a "Camira" : )
"Look Right , Look Left , Look Right , BEFORE crossing Roads"
normxb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2007, 11:54 AM   #37
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken2903
Hate to tell you but Skynet wins.
I meant to say Cyberdyne.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2007, 12:32 PM   #38
XR06T
13.96 @ 101.65

not very good reporting in those articles posted by mafia!!

meadow springs dv and madora rd dont intersect, and the patch of fremantle road between the 2 is 80kph!!

nice post xe 747, doesnt go to well with this thread, but some very good posts, especially about the industrial areas IMO
Old 31-10-2007, 12:53 PM   #39
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

All the people advocating these laws for crushing cars need to take a long hard look at themselves.

Americas legal system is insane.They have murders in the tens of thousands every year. Why?? They breed career criminals. If you crush someones car it's going to
them off and make them angry at society.

I think you will find you will have a better result with slapping someone with a $10,000 dollar fine rather than crushing a $5,000 dollar car.

Financial measures are much more effective. In fact I think insurance costs are the biggest preventers of hooning.

If you know your car is going to be crushed are you going to stop??? Look at the car chases in America they take out 20 cars just to stop one speeding offender.

Seriously thare is something wrong with our society! Kerry Packer cheats billions of dollars in tax during his lifetime yet when he dies he's a national hero. Poor old joe blog does 10 kays over the limit and society wants to lock him up and throw away the key.
sleekism is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post