Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-11-2007, 10:31 PM   #1
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Venting over my close call with a VN hoon.

Ok, so I ride a scooter for short trips to the shops n so forth so I dont have to start the "Tank" (My 98 falcon ute) for a 1km trip.

Anyway, im at the stop sign and the trafic clears. I open up the throttle and this two tone VN Commondoor FLIES over the hill. From experience at this intersection I know it takes a car travelling at 60ks about 7 seconds or so from the time it appears over the hill to the time it reaches the shopps. This VN approached the shopps in about 4 seconds? FLYING
I did not think I was going to be hit but I knew its going to be close. The VN's front end dipped suddenly as he slammed on the brakes and this time I had crossed the road.
Now I was angry that this guy was obviosly breaking the speed limit by a huge margin but then he had the nerve to sound the horn and give me the finger!! WHAT NERVE!
And No, i did not pull out in front him. This intersection is on top of a hill which gives you limited vision of appraoching traffic thus limited time to make a move.

Click here to see my ute
fordOwner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2007, 10:50 PM   #2
Shaggzy
"BMX_datto"

Dont you no that if you drive a VN you own the road and can do what ever you want. It's an unwritten road rule :
Shaggzy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2007, 10:50 PM   #3
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yep it`s dangerouse out there and this time of year is worse, i call it silly season, a week ago some dopey woman ran into me while stationery, luckily only slight damage, a couple of days later a guy in a micro car came wizzing around the corner that i was approaching he cut the corner so much he was about a foot from my side of the road this time of year is just plain scarey, some should not have a license.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2007, 11:01 PM   #4
DDXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
i call it silly season.
Every season is silly season if you're driving a clapped out VN.
DDXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2007, 10:20 AM   #5
Casablanca
carburettor

WTF is it with VN's i had the same thing happen to me albeit in a different place commodore drivers seem to be the worst offenders
HSV Team shirt..... $65
Tank of Fuel....$75
Being cornered by a 17 year old bogan with 2 kids and no teeth telling you how much she loves HSV's..... Priceless
Casablanca is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2007, 10:44 AM   #6
T3ts50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I see it alot more in VT/VX drivers than VN. Then again I see it alot in Pulsar SSS drivers, and more recenty (for some reason) Astra drivers.
T3ts50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2007, 10:59 AM   #7
Tiapan
XF 393 3v CHI heads

hahaha lol yesterday i saw a VN run a red light and clean up a barinia!! the guy driving was huge...like steriods HUGE! and started going off his nut at some ladies in the barina!!! they were so scared!
Old 26-11-2007, 11:22 AM   #8
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Did this happen on Scarborough beach road Tiapan? - Could be the same Very Nutty man!

Click here to see my ute
Old 26-11-2007, 07:47 PM   #9
Conrad
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordOwner
Did this happen on Scarborough beach road Tiapan? - Could be the same Very Nutty man!
Do you own a VL commodore? You could be a Very Lame man!
Conrad is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2007, 08:15 PM   #10
Shaggzy
"BMX_datto"

And if you own a VS you would be a Very Stupid man just for owning and being seen in one!!
Shaggzy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2007, 09:37 PM   #11
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^^ Ha Ha Ha ^^ Classic.

I was telling my friend this incident, and he says the guy probably thought I was a cop and he was pithed off cos i would have given him the instant sweats travelling at the speed he was.

You see I wear a bright yellow jacket with a flip helmet and my mate tells me im gonna get done for impersonating a police officer one day but I cant see it my self - Considering im on a scooter.

Click here to see my ute