Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-11-2007, 03:15 PM   #31
the big jg33
Starter Motor

i traded in my au series2 xr8 on this current ba xr8 ute, as the lease had expired, and also purchased an xr6 turbo as a family car, the ba's lease is up for renewal in the near future, and would've been traded in on a new orion xr8 ute, seeing as ford like to treat customers who have spent $120k on buying there cars in a space of 4 years like we are total morons, then they can basically go and find new people to buy there cars seeing as repeat business or providing great customer service means nothing to them.they mean nothing to me now!!
the big jg33 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2007, 04:24 PM   #32
MRHELE

Who said you can't buy a short motor new from Ford?
MRHELE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2007, 04:47 PM   #33
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Mate, no offence, but if you carried on to FoMoCo the way you are now, its no wonder its taking them a long time to get on to it.
What sort of time scale are we talking? from when your bearings were rooted to now?

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2007, 05:58 PM   #34
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by the big jg33
i traded in my au series2 xr8 on this current ba xr8 ute, as the lease had expired, and also purchased an xr6 turbo as a family car, the ba's lease is up for renewal in the near future, and would've been traded in on a new orion xr8 ute, seeing as ford like to treat customers who have spent $120k on buying there cars in a space of 4 years like we are total morons, then they can basically go and find new people to buy there cars seeing as repeat business or providing great customer service means nothing to them.they mean nothing to me now!!
I can appreciate that your upset but enough is enough of the same post all the way through

People are happy to offer suggestions or support but rather not at times based on what they have to read to get there

Cheers
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2007, 07:28 PM   #35
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ford Customer Service, couldnt have been more offensive and less helpful if they tried when I had a problem with a local dealer. To sum up worse customer experience of my life and I had also had spent $140000 in the last two years on Ford products. My fault apparently was expecting Ford to bring into line a rogue dealer. I had an expectation on Ford to stand by its customers and found out very abruptly that Ford don't share or care about that expection. Dealers are a law unto themselves is the bottom line.

When GT I had looked like developing into a "Ford Special" I had the most obvious fault fixed (the diff) and sold it before the second one was due (it was getting there).

Now have a Mazda and couldn't be happier. Local Ford dealer had a dummy spit when I walked from the brand and threatened legal action on me and on the admins on this forum.

Mate moral of the story is sell the car when you can and walk from the brand. As for those who tell you "company x are the same" thats BS. If another brand treats you the same walk from them too, but right now and right here, it is Ford who are the ones who need to answer and what you are hearing is not fair dinkum. A car with that kind of warranty history is a problem car Ford should be prepared to fix or replace.

Dan

Last edited by DanielXR8; 23-11-2007 at 07:34 PM.
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2007, 10:48 PM   #36
SlikedTurb

out of Warranty = STIFF BICKIES!!
Old 24-11-2007, 11:45 AM   #37
tapeworm
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

At our joint, we have a Falcon, Toyota, Nissan and Commodore and the only dealership that treats you with respect is Toyota. They fall head over heals to help while the other 3 have salesman sitting around smoking and counter staff that act as though their really stepping out on a limb to service your car.
tapeworm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2007, 11:47 AM   #38
Casablanca
carburettor

look guys ill give you some advice i work for ford our service department is friggin useless even the staff wont put their cars in as half the staff are trainees and have no idea wtfs going on.

Ford service = :togo:
HSV Team shirt..... $65
Tank of Fuel....$75
Being cornered by a 17 year old bogan with 2 kids and no teeth telling you how much she loves HSV's..... Priceless
Casablanca is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2007, 12:43 AM   #39
the big jg33
Starter Motor

Scored a brand new MALOO UTE today ford australia can go and shove it that far up there backsides until it hurts!! and dan i couldnt agree with you more, i am gona look like the biggest effwit to all my holden loving mates cause i flew the flag for ford and wore my heart on my sleeve,for many years not anymore, im fortunate enough to earn good money, and i refuse to deal with a company who's workshops have not been painted since 1975,and there corporate image looks like something out of a comedy movie, if FORD is going broke STIFF BIKKIES to them, they will never see a cent out of me ever again, to the many that replied with good advise it was very much appreciated cheers frank
the big jg33 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2007, 12:57 AM   #40
5tumpy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Scored a brand new MALOO UTE today ford australia can go and shove it that far up there backsides until it hurts!! and dan i couldnt agree with you more, i am gona look like the biggest effwit to all my holden loving mates cause i flew the flag for ford and wore my heart on my sleeve,for many years not anymore, im fortunate enough to earn good money, and i refuse to deal with a company who's workshops have not been painted since 1975,and there corporate image looks like something out of a comedy movie, if FORD is going broke STIFF BIKKIES to them, they will never see a cent out of me ever again, to the many that replied with good advise it was very much appreciated cheers frank
Good for you buddy!

Now hopefully we don't have to hear any more bitching and moaning from him!
5tumpy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2007, 01:50 PM   #41
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Scored a brand new MALOO UTE today
Enjoy your new car Frank and I hope it gives you many miles of trouble free motoring.

Dan
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2007, 03:20 PM   #42
banarcus
hmm eyebrows

I haven't heard of big end or main bearing failures in the early BAs. I've heard of the valve guide wear that brings on loss of compression but not bad bearings/clearances. I guess if you're hands on, you could always rip out the motor and turn it upside down and have a good look for yourself where the problem is. Parts like bearings aren't expensive and so long as you haven't dropped a rod, the repair would be easy peasy. Anyway, good luck with your new ride Frank, hope it serves you better than the BA.
Old 26-11-2007, 10:41 PM   #43
XHUTE6
Bugger! 1390mm too long!!

Gonna show us some photos?
XHUTE6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post