Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 26-11-2007, 06:33 PM   #31
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

It always seems to be North-side Sydney drivers complaing about other drivers. I tell you what, the worst drivers I've ever encountered have all been North of the river.
I see plenty of people down here trying to cut around trucks that are about to turn at a rather small 2 lane round about, when the truck nearly takes them out and the idiot in the car gets on the horn like the truckies in the wrong. It's a bloody big truck, not a Fiesta.
I dislike changing lanes in the work van as alot of the time its hard to see and when I have the trailer it just gets worse, I can only imagine what a truckie has to do.
Old 26-11-2007, 06:39 PM   #32
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airmon
I dislike changing lanes in the work van as alot of the time its hard to see and when I have the trailer it just gets worse, I can only imagine what a truckie has to do.
You move left until you feel a bump.
Old 26-11-2007, 06:42 PM   #33
Buddy 1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Geez I just have to have my say on this subject :P
I as well find that 90% of truck drivers will tailgate you even when you are doing the posted speed, say 100 in a 100 zone & is no need for this AT ALL!

I have also been passed by Trucks again while doing the speed limit!

I have also been behind Trucks doing well below the posted speed holding up 20 or 30 cars behind them with no regard to letting the cars pass.

I am not saying truck drivers are bad people as I even know a few of them or that they are worse in their actions behind the wheel than many car drivers are however they have to understand they are driving a much bigger & more Dangerous vehicle & cannot drive like idiots when in control of such a vehicle because as we have all seen the end result for many innocent car drivers is DEATH!

Now no excuse Guys as I have heard them all before & you know most of you Speed, Tailgate & drive with a bad Attitude!

Just why do so many trucks roll over on the same bends that are signposted to say SLOW DOWN, Because they are driving too fast for the bends in question, one is the bend near Macksville bridge for example.

Slow Down & Value Human life instead of chasing the Dollar.

Geez this thread will be a Hot one & is sure to be closed soon :P
Old 26-11-2007, 06:50 PM   #34
irlewy86
Meep Meep

It's a truck

It's bigger than you

Alot bigger than you

It will take 3 times longer to stop than you

Use common sense and give them space
Old 26-11-2007, 07:02 PM   #35
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenLS1
I Hate Trucks.
Hey! I'm with you there..... every time I see mine it means work!!
Old 26-11-2007, 07:03 PM   #36
T3man
Banned

Woo hoo let me have a go ...

Talk about generalisations and exaggerration!! This thread is full of them!!

There are good motorists and there are bad motorists. Some of those motorists drive trucks. Some drive Camrys.

I'm another of the group who drive heavy vehicles for a living. Buses, which by their very nature are carrying people, who's safety depends on me, and are therefore considerably more difficult to cart around than cargo.

I see some pretty poor examples of driving every minute of every day. And guess what folks? It ain't gonna get any better, so no point whingin' on here about it like a schoolgirl.

I see truck drivers who have absolutely no consideration for other road users especially those in mere "little wheels" who they can intimidate with ease. But thankfully most are not like this.

I see car drivers who have absolutely no concept at all of how much space a heavy vehicle requires or how difficult it is for the driver to see what is around him. But thankfully most are not like this.

I see taxi drivers who consider it is their Dog-given right to stop or park or turn where-ever and when-ever they see fit with total disregard to other road users. But thankfully most are not like this.

I see cyclists who weave in and out among cars and trucks in multi-lane thoroughfares when traffic is at almost a standstill. Makes you wonder what drugs they are on! But thankfully most are not like this.

Get my drift? Just do your job, get over it, and be thankful it ain't even worse 'cos it sure as Hell could be!
Old 26-11-2007, 07:04 PM   #37
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiddy
I think everyone needs to passenger with a truck driver for a few days.
Or a quick peruse through this thread.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=100822

(shameless plug )
Old 26-11-2007, 07:08 PM   #38
stiddy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc351
You move left until you feel a bump.
Hahahaha!
Old 26-11-2007, 07:15 PM   #39
05MkIIFutura
SV6000. Yum

undertaking is a proffession related to dead people - not a passing move between two vehicles

Left or right, it is OVERtaking.

Thankyou
Old 26-11-2007, 07:38 PM   #40
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05MkIIFutura
undertaking is a proffession related to dead people - not a passing move between two vehicles

Left or right, it is OVERtaking.

Thankyou
undertaking is the future tense of overtaking on the left
Old 26-11-2007, 08:21 PM   #41
351EL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy 1
Geez I just have to have my say on this subject :P
I as well find that 90% of truck drivers will tailgate you even when you are doing the posted speed, say 100 in a 100 zone & is no need for this AT ALL!

I have also been passed by Trucks again while doing the speed limit!

I have also been behind Trucks doing well below the posted speed holding up 20 or 30 cars behind them with no regard to letting the cars pass.

I am not saying truck drivers are bad people as I even know a few of them or that they are worse in their actions behind the wheel than many car drivers are however they have to understand they are driving a much bigger & more Dangerous vehicle & cannot drive like idiots when in control of such a vehicle because as we have all seen the end result for many innocent car drivers is DEATH!

Now no excuse Guys as I have heard them all before & you know most of you Speed, Tailgate & drive with a bad Attitude!

Just why do so many trucks roll over on the same bends that are signposted to say SLOW DOWN, Because they are driving too fast for the bends in question, one is the bend near Macksville bridge for example.

Slow Down & Value Human life instead of chasing the Dollar.

Geez this thread will be a Hot one & is sure to be closed soon :P
How accurate is the speedo in your car? I know the one in my truck is within 1km/h like most trucks.
The onein my car is out by 4km/h so your so called speed limit could mean they could be up to another 100km up the road within the end of their shift.
Old 26-11-2007, 08:30 PM   #42
boss 300

as a truck driver myself i believe ,learn to ride a motorbike,learn to drive a real truck,and than drive a car,this is my 2 cents,sorry for my spelling
Old 26-11-2007, 08:33 PM   #43
Buddy 1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351EL
How accurate is the speedo in your car? I know the one in my truck is within 1km/h like most trucks.
The onein my car is out by 4km/h so your so called speed limit could mean they could be up to another 100km up the road within the end of their shift.
Well my Speedo is about 1 k out compared to my GPS though even if it was 4 k's out does not your figures of an extra 4 k's speed meaning an extra 100 k's travelled point to a 25 Hour shift?

When I was younger I used to pass every vehicle I came across & often sit on 140-160 however after getting a few slow vehicles in front of me & also towns to travel through I did not make up much time at all.

Now I am older & wiser & will stick mostly to the speed limit & stay about 4 car lengths or more from the vehicle in front of me even if he or she is going slow until I can pass that is.

So even if you are behind a vehicle doing 96 stay behind it because it will not make as much differance as you think it will.

And I have been driving now for 28 years so have some experiance.
Old 26-11-2007, 08:39 PM   #44
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Well my Speedo is about 1 k out compared to my GPS though even if it was 4 k's out does not your figures of an extra 4 k's speed meaning an extra 100 k's travelled point to a 25 Hour shift?

When I was younger I used to pass every vehicle I came across & often sit on 140-160 however after getting a few slow vehicles in front of me & also towns to travel through I did not make up much time at all.

So even if you are behind a vehicle doing 96 stay behind it because it will not make as much differance as you think it will.

While that might be so, the truck is driving according to his speedo, if it says youre driving at 96, he is entitled to pass you at what he believes is 100. He drives to his speedo, you drive to yours. Youre just one car, the next one might be 94, and the next is just going slow for the hell of it. He cant assume youre doing 100, he goes by his own speedo which says you arent doing 100. Why arent you doing 100? Doesnt matter, he just knows according to him, you arent and he wants to. Move over, let him pass.
Old 26-11-2007, 08:45 PM   #45
ClevlndStemer
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In my years of driving I have experienced a hell of a lot (in that short time ;) ).
What I have learnt is that no driver (truck, car or bike) is any good.

I have had my run ins with all sorts, taxis being the worst. Yes I have had a lot of run in with arrogant truck drivers, a lot on the Monash freeway and many on Footscray road (container trucks who don't think they need to obey speed limits or red lights for that matter). My worst experience ever was a set of lights at about 6am, myself and my dad were going for a drive on Saturday morning, we're stopped at the lights on the Princes HWY. My light goes green, I stall, lucky as a dump truck pounded through the red light, had I not stalled I wouldn't be here writing this post.

The problem I see is too many car drivers do not realise the difference from driving a car to a truck. Too many times do I see a car cut in front of a truck and not give it enough braking room. People need to realise that pulling up such a machine isn't as nimble as your standard car (except for a BA falcon, which has no brakes). The other is cutting on their inside when they are doing a turn and then complaining when the trailer crushes your car. People read up, do not overtake a turning vehicle...sheesh.

HOWEVER there are the drop kick truck drivers too, who don't care, who will cut off, who will sit on your *** and who do not obey the giveways and redlights. To them I say f*&$ you, you are driving such a large vehicle with others on the road. How about you take it a little more seriously and stop being a tool

Before anyone here gets their knickers in a knot my old man is truckie and has been for 30 years. He agrees that in the last 10 - 15 years there has been a shift in the attitudes of drivers, whether it is to do with their schedules or not we don't know, but some of them really need a good kick in the head to wake them up before they do some damage.
Old 26-11-2007, 09:36 PM   #46
GTpilot
FG GT 5.4 w/ additions!

Firstly, I do not have any gripe with truck drivers in general. I understand you have a job to do and places to get to. We all do that is why we are on the roads, either doing that job or getting to our work place to do it.
But having said that and traversing the monash fwy both directions daily, I must say you truck drivers (not talking about all here, but MOST) give me the 5h1ts when you carry on about other cars cutting in front and not giving them room to brake. its utter crap and you know it.
I can tell you that every day in peak traffic I see trucks CATCH UP and TAIL GATE cars, leaving NO room for them to brake, its peak hrs for petes sake, nobody is doing the speed limit....and dont give me this I can see further ahead then you crap. it only takes two cars ahead to hit the anchors out of knowhere and we are ALL pancakes with a bulldog wedged up our clacker

Yes, I have spent MORE than one day riding shotgun in trucks of various sizes.
Old 26-11-2007, 09:41 PM   #47
70caprigt3k
Nitrous Junkie

Think about it like this,

you are in a car weighing inbetween 1 and 2 tonnes and they are in a truck weighing 30+ tonnes, you mess with them you will come off second best every time so be patient give them some room, pay attention and all will be well.
Old 26-11-2007, 09:49 PM   #48
GK351

Weather you ride a pushy, drive a truck, steer a car, all have the same right on the road

No need for this truckies bashing thread to continue IMO.
Brings all the know it all's out that have driven for a mere few years that think they own the road.

Last edited by GK5766; 26-11-2007 at 09:54 PM.
Old 26-11-2007, 10:00 PM   #49
redxm
64 Deluxe 4 door
Donating Member3

Worst drivers Ive seen are: caravaners up the Newell Hwy, Taxis, P platers
Old 26-11-2007, 10:07 PM   #50
9triton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: A valued contributor to those hard to answer questions regarding classic falcons. A wealth of knowledge. 

i'm in agreement with GK5766 - but left out motorcyclists -

i do 3 out of the 4 -ie bicycle,motorbike and car ( xp falcon with drums allround - so probably stops like a truck)

lived in the uk for a long while - came back to melbourne and never seen so much agression on the roads (but they tell me sydney is worse).

and talk about no lane etiquette - just pick a lane and stay in it no matter what - so undertaking is the norm

i see in the last week or so all forms have been flammed here - cyclists ,motorbike and now trucks .

i supose wait 20 years and we will all be on bicycles when the oil runs out ...
what price GTHO's then?
Old 26-11-2007, 10:08 PM   #51
XHUTE6
Bugger! 1390mm too long!!

I reckon this thread should be closed.. Generalisation. Without us, you'd be r00ted! We carry Australia and you bl00dy ignorant car drivers need to use common bl00dy sense. Get over it! If you're scared of trucks, keep back! We want to come home at night safely as much as you do! Sure there are bad eggs, but the majority of us are good, caring, decent citizens. Been watching too much "DUEL" i reckon.
Old 26-11-2007, 10:16 PM   #52
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenLS1
lol. does that irritate you when some people are calm and are not in such a hurry that they have to be square on the speed limit at all times. pffft!

I am talking driving under the speed limit by around 20 km/h and making it dangerous for me to over take because i have to speed up at least 30km/h behind you to get around at the same time merging into into traffic doing the speed limit while trying to avoid ending up in your back seat.
You sound like the typical oblivious dim wit that will sit in the right lane of a free way doing 90 and complain about all the people who are speeding going past you in the left lanes!

Gosh.... wheres grandma?!
Old 26-11-2007, 10:41 PM   #53
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9triton
lived in the uk for a long while - came back to melbourne and never seen so much agression on the roads (but they tell me sydney is worse).
And the thread takes another turn for the worse... Sydney v Melbourne
Old 26-11-2007, 10:52 PM   #54
351EL

Quote:

Now I am older & wiser & will stick mostly to the speed limit & stay about 4 car lengths or more from the vehicle in front of me even if he or she is going slow until I can pass that is.

The ADR quote speedo's to be within 10%.
10% at 100km/h is 10km times 10hrs driving is how far?
Old 26-11-2007, 11:03 PM   #55
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This thread's almost as sad as the tailgating thread. To you truckies - its a privilege to share the road with you. You know what you're doing, you're alert and you can keep that big rig in a lane better than many car drivers.

Its the car drivers who worry me.
Old 26-11-2007, 11:48 PM   #56
rodderz

These threads always run upon a knife edge, past ones have turned ugly and this one will end the same

There's good and bad in all forms of road users
Closed Thread