Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-01-2008, 01:09 PM   #1
feebs
BrwnBstd

Default From NSW to WA

Does anyone know if you HAVE to get a car inspected in WA if it has been moved over from NSW.. or whether there is a way around this.?

Fairly new car in NSW that is licensed.

Cheers

feebs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2008, 01:12 PM   #2
honer
Back to N/A land

Yes mate

When I rang DPI they said soon as it crosses state lines its technically unregistered ! And will need to go over the pits..
honer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2008, 02:01 PM   #3
feebs
BrwnBstd

thanx
Old 24-01-2008, 06:42 PM   #4
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

That is surprising. In fact I struggle to believe that. We don't even have yearly inspections etc. here at all and I was of the understanding that you simply just went in to a licencing centre with your other state papers and transfer it to WA rego. I wouldn't bother until the rego is about to run out anyway. Best bit of course is that rego will be cheaper here in WA than NSW by quite a large margin I imagine.
Old 24-01-2008, 06:57 PM   #5
honer
Back to N/A land

Can't help you there mate.

I'm just repeating information received from DPI when during a purchase of a car from SA.
honer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2008, 07:02 PM   #6
XA5800
I'd rather be blown

What state do you have a licence for ?

If its WA license then it unregistered when you cross state lines. If another state you have three months.
XA5800 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2008, 07:14 PM   #7
feebs
BrwnBstd

I was confused too.

Was asking on behalf of a new bird at work that has moved from NSW.. and despite the fact that we have no yearly inspections here, has to take her car to the pits (something that can take 6 hours of waiting).
Old 24-01-2008, 07:18 PM   #8
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

I regularly ride bikes in WA on eastern states plates. Actually I rode a Fireblade on Victorian plates here for over a year as I rode it to Perth from Phillip Island (in two days) and it still belung to Honda so was still registered to them in Victoria. Was recently on a Triumph here with Vic rego too... Hang on will have a look outside at what plate current bike has on it...Yep that has Victorian plates on it too... Might have to make some enquiries tomorrow.
Old 24-01-2008, 07:20 PM   #9
FTe342
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews
That is surprising. In fact I struggle to believe that. We don't even have yearly inspections etc. here at all and I was of the understanding that you simply just went in to a licencing centre with your other state papers and transfer it to WA rego. I wouldn't bother until the rego is about to run out anyway. Best bit of course is that rego will be cheaper here in WA than NSW by quite a large margin I imagine.
If thats the case and the car has a reasonable amount of NSW rego left on it then I would cash the rego in and start again with the WA one
T3 TL50 #147 Silhouette Auto ESS - Brembos - Last of 3 in T3 spec, only AUIII TL50 ever built -14.2 sec @ 98mph bog stock. Only customer ordered T3 TL50 built, only LWB sedan plated AUIII and the last performance enhanced LWB sedan built by Ford Aust.

AUII Fairlane Ghia Sportsman 5.0L in Blue Pearl

OWN THE ROAD
FTe342 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2008, 07:21 PM   #10
mongoloid
chuck miller ford texas

Once the disposal papers are put in saying it has been sold to a WA resident, the car becomes unregistered when it crosses the border, this i know for sure. You need to get a permit for once you get into WA. For some reason you can drive thru Vic and SA without worry.
1918 Buick, 1930 Studebaker, 1953 Ford Crestline, 1955 Buick Special, 1957 Cadillac, 1962 Cadillac, 1963 Ford Galaxie, 1966 Ford Fairlane, 1971 Chevelle, 1979 Trans Am, 2002 Ford TE50, 2005 CV8 Monaro, 2010 G6e Turbo, 2014 FPV GT-F
mongoloid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post