Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 29-01-2008, 05:18 PM   #91
rapom1

Quote:
Originally Posted by futura
Good luck with your purchase, one problem that many new VE buyers overlook is blind spot of the drivers A-pillar. Take it easy while driving around children and in shopping centres.

Many VE owners have comment on this with a number of close calls. One owner I know is selling that that very reason.

Dont know how the designers and the transport will allow a A-pillar blind spot like that to be road registered.
Interesting, I remember reading a very old Kingswood, vs Falcon, vs Valiant Wheels magazine comparo from the mid seventies. From memory the article commented that the Valiant's A pillar was way too thick and presented a hazard to pedestrians etc. They also made comments along the line that such a design mistake was totally unacceptable for a 1970's car.

Now 30 years later the VE pillar has grown to about twice the thickness that was considered totally anacceptable and unsafe even in 1975.

Didn't stop wheels giving the VE the car of the year gong last year though.
Old 29-01-2008, 06:25 PM   #92
thunderoo
Blueprint of Perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapom1
Didn't stop wheels giving the VE the car of the year gong last year though.

Wheels gave the TM magna the car of the year.......do i need to say any more?
1974 XB COUPE
NO TRACTION AT EASTERN CREEK

HERS
BOSS 260 03 XR8 SEDAN
COLD AIR INTAKE BY PERFORMER SHAKERS
FULL X-FORCE QUAD TIPPED EXHAUST SYSTEM
Old 29-01-2008, 07:21 PM   #93
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSTerritoryGhia
You talk sh it and I usually ignore your posts, but this would have to be the biggest load of dribble ive heard to date.

Your dreaming.
JUST PUT ME ON YOUR IGNORE LISTS BROTHER. THEN I WONT HAVE TO READ YOUR INSULTS, AND WE'LL BOTH BE HAPPY.
Old 29-01-2008, 07:27 PM   #94
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSTerritoryGhia
Very Few own or have driven both (that goes for both Blue and Red blooded fans).. Most go on what you read in magazines, for me personally I have criticised FPV on a number of times with regard to the lack of performance (and in doing so have upset a few people), but as an overall package coupled with the ZF 6 speed auto the FPV wins! Im not the only one here who has this belief, ask Bionic GT, he has a WM Caprice with the 6 Litre V8 and a GT, and he seems to have more gripes then me about the Holden. There are still plenty of guys buying GT's and F6's over the HSV counterparts...
GUESS the differance between you and i is i stick to my opinion . you change yours . 12 months ago your choice was your holden and you were criticising the boss in comparison . something i never did . now youve changed your mind !!!! hmmm . the only good thing about this is that you own both , so i respect your experience.
Old 29-01-2008, 09:43 PM   #95
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
JUST PUT ME ON YOUR IGNORE LISTS BROTHER. THEN I WONT HAVE TO READ YOUR INSULTS, AND WE'LL BOTH BE HAPPY.

Lose the caps..

Your point is not valid, dealers dont push turbos, they sell turbos alot easier then V8s... The Turbo market is not over, its only just beginning with Ford (You will see this when orion comes out, no more V8s avaialble across the Falcon range, only XR8 and FPV, but there will be a Turbo option on MORE models (eg FAIRMONT GHIA!).

That really says it all for me with respect to the whole V8 to Turbo I6 debate.
Old 29-01-2008, 09:45 PM   #96
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
GUESS the differance between you and i is i stick to my opinion . you change yours . 12 months ago your choice was your holden and you were criticising the boss in comparison . something i never did . now youve changed your mind !!!! hmmm . the only good thing about this is that you own both , so i respect your experience.

Least im not one eyed, opinions change like seasons my friend, there are aspects of both cars that put them in a good position, but when your use to one and get in the other you soon find flaws with it... For me the biggest issue was not realising the Boss motors are so tight when young... I think this also could be the reason why the media have given it such a bad rap in the past, with 99% of test cars having less then 5000 kms on the clock the motors really arent anywhere near their full potential. The LS2 Motor on the other hand doesnt feel any quicker then it did when it was brand new, the sloppy gearbox really ruins the 6litres appeal and package, this could be overcome with the 6 speed manual i would assume, but our auto has to be either thumped or babied, theres no nice medium with that sh it auto.
Old 29-01-2008, 09:50 PM   #97
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

That's enough, Aeron didn't post this to start a war.
Closed Thread