Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 30-01-2008, 06:45 PM   #61
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyr
I agree, kids are bought up now a days with no responisibility.

I had kids who were bought up and learned that cars hurt and kill. The leason is simple, 'look both ways'. if kids do not learn from a young age they will never learn. Which is a shame that we are now bringing up brainless children.

It's bad enough there are kids like 'Corey' who don't respect his parents or care for anyone, todays kids will be worse.

Teach, learn and discipline. This has worked before!
Do you really think most parents dont teach these things?

We do, kids make mistakes, its the nature of youth and inexperience, coupled with no sense of fear. My kid does look both ways, he's 12, but theres no point taking the chance given the short attention span of kids.

What youre suggesting is counterintuitive to nature. I know, why dont we make gum trees grow down, and the sun set in the morning.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2008, 01:35 AM   #62
paul_r_d

WOW, after coming back a few days I didnt expect all this!

It was only a thought and I just wanted peoples views. Ive read so many reports that taking your eyes off the road for even a second can have devastating affects. And I ALWAYS slow to at least 35 kays. I couldnt live with my self if I injured a child in my car. I just see so many mums in their 4wd's and SUV's not even looking at the road.

But in light all of this, IMO a printed sign stating when to do 40 kays and when to do 60 kays is not good enough. At the mo our local shire is under the pressure to change them to digital time. It would make life so much easier.

Any how thanks to those who contributed!

The missus
2003 Rav4 4 door Cruiser
paul_r_d is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post