Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-02-2008, 10:28 AM   #121
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

If someone can't figure that out, they have issues :P
Old 02-02-2008, 10:33 AM   #122
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackout
If someone can't figure that out, they have issues :P
I guess what im saying is i can't ever really see how anyone would seriously be tossing up buying either a GT/F6 sedan OR an F6X SUV....
Therefore the F6X will mean INCREMENTAL business for FPV, which is vital for its survival..

Old 02-02-2008, 10:46 AM   #123
Tles
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Most people identfy what they want from a vehicle and shop for "best fit".....
I can't for the life of me understand how a sports coupe or sedan and sports SUV could fall onto the same radar without posing severe compromises to someones "identified requirements" at either end of the scale.. they're simply very different types of vehicles for different requirements...
That is why most people drive boring pieces of crud and dream that they are driving a`sports coupe or sedan or sports SUV. They surf websites looking at them and buy motor mags or become pious eco justifying warriors to fit in...Some of us go out and get what we want and enjoy them..limited of course by budget and practicality. What sort of for instance would get a Audi Q7 base model for the price of a F6X. Too many would be's in this world, worrying what others will think or looking for the right fit -follow the heart not the Johansson's.

The SUV market is entirely about providing the happy compromise between car/sports car-4wd wagon-people mover. F6X offers less compromise and more competency than anyone would expect until they needed it, then never know how they lived without it - a handy quality tool (that's not for tools).
Tles is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2008, 10:52 AM   #124
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
I guess what im saying is i can't ever really see how anyone would seriously be tossing up buying either a GT/F6 sedan OR an F6X SUV....
Therefore the F6X will mean INCREMENTAL business for FPV, which is vital for its survival..
Absolutely 100% right. The F6X is really the first FPV product that will not, for the most part, cannibalise their existing market.

It offers a solution to those who wish to buy a FPV/Ford with a few extra safety features but require more seats, towing, soft road etc.

The more products FPV sell, the more development will go on and that has to be a good thing.

Having owned a GT-P and 2 Typhoons I am looking at a F6X as I am sick of constantly having to choose roads or turn around to go a different way or drive around to find an access driveway that I can get up or down even slowly at an angle. (Including my own driveways at home and work).
I am actually going to look at it tonight and the BMS.
Orion is days away and I am not buying until may so I dont need to make any rash decissions.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2008, 12:49 PM   #125
Grunter
Not of the Sooty variety!
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Absolutely 100% right. The F6X is really the first FPV product that will not, for the most part, cannibalise their existing market.

It offers a solution to those who wish to buy a FPV/Ford with a few extra safety features but require more seats, towing, soft road etc.

The more products FPV sell, the more development will go on and that has to be a good thing.

Having owned a GT-P and 2 Typhoons I am looking at a F6X as I am sick of constantly having to choose roads or turn around to go a different way or drive around to find an access driveway that I can get up or down even slowly at an angle. (Including my own driveways at home and work).
I am actually going to look at it tonight and the BMS.
Orion is days away and I am not buying until may so I dont need to make any rash decissions.
Funny you make the comment on why you may be interested in the F6x, because as much as I enjoy my current car, I do tend to grab the keys off my wife to drive the TTG more often that not, as it is a excellent car to motor around in. For this reason I was hoping (and will still assume) that the F6x would be better again, plus have the subtle FPV DNA externally to give me the feel good factor (or **** factor depending on your view ;) ).

Hopefully they will have a TTG for comparisons sake and would be interesting to see what you think between the two and if, in your opinion, you see the value in the F6x (driving comparisons aside)?

Current
The Toy: 2002 AUIII TS50
The Daily and Tow Vehicle: 2016 VW Amarok
Grunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2008, 01:42 PM   #126
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSE2
It’s a bit more then that too. They say they didn't have time to put the FPV starter button in it. ???? Now surely we don’t need to go back over history to quote previous FPV statements on FPV product DNA. Either it was important then or not.

In two weeks time we are going to learn that the XR6T will be line ball with the power headlines of this FPV product. A similar situation has occurred on both sides of the fence previously and all those products suffered as well. Timing is so critical for products like this so much so that we have seen many an excellent concept or product undone.

How it drives isn't an issue for me either. The issue is FPV making statements about their own product then not doing what they say.

You only have to go back a couple of months for Rods opinion on a focus FPV. We simply won’t re-badge or take short cuts with the FPV DNA or words to that affect. It must be true to our heritage. Where does running out of time come into that?

The F6X calls this into question or at minimum significantly lowers the bar. A starter button isn't a huge issue but as a symbol of what FPV has stood for it comes second only to stripes. It’s also more symbolic of a feature of Orion FPV too but that’s a thread for another day. Just comes back to timing.

I maintain that this car should have been branded XR, because it certainly doesn't live up to FPV's own product mantra for mine.
That not enough for me to consider it an FPV, that and Laminges Territory rust epidemic revelation, means that is one sale they won’t get. There is a trend with recent FPV products. Depending on perspective at least the F6X is true to that new but less welcome tradition.

What is wrong with Gary's Territory?
Redrum is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2008, 02:32 PM   #127
HSE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
What is wrong with Gary's Territory?
There is a thread in the Territory section about rust. Have a read. It’s like a time warp back to 1950.
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2008, 04:18 PM   #128
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well I went to the BIMS and sussed it. If I were to buy a terri it would be the F6X.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post