Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 23-09-2005, 12:14 PM   #31
jmc-007

What is comes down too is the bottom line of Profit for NRMA and its shareholders.

They dont care about joh blow who owns the panel shop or the customer.

1. They want the customers money but dont want to help. I.e this example.
2. They drive the profit off the Shop owner down.
3. They INCREASE the profit of NRMA Insurance (IAG) and bloat to shareholders.

The loosers are the panel beaters and the customers.

IMO i dont think premiums will come down.
Old 23-09-2005, 05:39 PM   #32
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
Ten months to fix hail damage!
We had to go to one repairer who was booked solid.
Prior to recently the choice of who you.. (well...if we're gonna be correct here, the choice is still available to choose your own repairer if you take that option) took your car to was your own decision. If you chose a repairer that was flat out and as such couldn't repair your car soon, then how is that the responsibility of the insurer ???

I remember when the massive storms hit (can't think of area) and thousands of cars were damaged. Everyone wanted their cars fixed straight away. Lets remember that the insurer can only arrange for cars to be repaired as quickly as the panel beaters can repair them. Everyone wants preference but in these situations someone is always gonna end up unhappy. You can't win em all.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

Old 23-09-2005, 07:10 PM   #33
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Hey, part of the criteria of being a preferred repairer can also depend on the equipment that repairer has, it may in fact be that these other so great called repairers could not come up to scratch on the criteria set down by NRMA to be able to service thier customers.

What you may also fail to realise is that when repairs are quoted on by "your choice repairer" even though they quote with new parts the insurance company will still cut the quotes down by telling them to repair rather than replace (as happened with my own car about 8 years ago). Imagine that expecting a panel beater to actually use his skills. The repairer only qoutes with the "new parts" to inflate the cost of the repair. Thats why the assessor (usually a tradesperson themselves) gets to cut the qutoe down by saying well use a second hand bonnet for instance.....just because the 2nd hand part is not new does not mean its 2nd rate. 99% of repairs weather your repairer or "thier" repairer will go that way anyway. The only usual reason for a new part to be used is because the 2nd hand part is unavailable.
Old 23-09-2005, 08:00 PM   #34
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

We had no choice according to the NRMA, he was the repairer in our area.
With such a delay we should have had the option to seek repairs elsewhere, or do we consider 10 months OK to wait?
I think it's too long....Not happy NRMA
Old 23-09-2005, 08:08 PM   #35
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav
We had no choice according to the NRMA, he was the repairer in our area.
With such a delay we should have had the option to seek repairs elsewhere, or do we consider 10 months OK to wait?
I think it's too long....Not happy NRMA
As pointed out already, I do not work for NRMA, but a major even such as a hail claim usually means a lot of other vehicles were also damaged making a huge backlog of work for a repairer. Jobs do need to be priortised, as much as you may dislike it, your car with hail damage was in fact still drivable, unlike other customers that may have for instance had a tree fall on them or actaul undrivable accidents need to come before your repair. And as for your point that you should have been free to look elsewhere, what makes you think after a major event that other repairers have less work, those "other repairers" are probably aligned with another isurer that will have them flat out also, and yes they will prioitise to thier insurance work too, those repairers know what side thier bread is buttered.
Old 23-09-2005, 09:21 PM   #36
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

It gets worse...
Not only bad enough that I had no choice but to sit it out with ONE repairer in our area doing all this work AND not only paying an excess, I ALSO had to pay another $800 to get the bumpers painted. They were not damaged by the hail, consequently they were not covered in the respray. The car is red, so the old paint was faded. We had no choice really, otherwise it would have looked rediculous....
Now you should understand why I am not happy
Old 23-09-2005, 09:29 PM   #37
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

So it's NRMA's fault they will only pay for the damaged parts ???????
I don't understand that being a problem. If the bumpers were not damaged why should NRMA or for that matter any other insurance comapny pay for parts that were not damaged. I am quite sure the paint would have been tried to be matched as closley as possible, the respray of your bumpers were your choice to have done.
You mentioned you had to pay an excess too, that is what would have happened with ANY insurer, an excess is payable unless you can identify the third party at fault, that is why thefts, hitting animals and elements type claims attract classed as "at fault" there is no third party to recoup the money from.
Old 23-09-2005, 09:35 PM   #38
LTDHO
The one and only

Cav - I find it very hard to believe that you 'had' to got to one repairer.

Also I don't see why you sook because you want NRMA to fix something that isn't apart of a claim.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Old 23-09-2005, 10:27 PM   #39
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Well guys things are different now to when I made my last claim in 1974.
From your reactions, maybe I expected too much.
But that's what it was like in the old days.

Geez I sound like my old man!
Old 23-09-2005, 10:58 PM   #40
GRNKPR
DPC PERFORMANCE Race prep

Question

[QUOTE=davway]look really does it matter?
if theres that much problems then call a tow truck yourself and be there when it arrives. its your car so he cant do anything. pay the towie his $50 and then talk to NRMA about reimbursement.

$ 50 for a tow from a crash no way dude more like $400 :sm_drool:

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
Old 24-09-2005, 05:42 AM   #41
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

[QUOTE=GRNKPR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
look really does it matter?
if theres that much problems then call a tow truck yourself and be there when it arrives. its your car so he cant do anything. pay the towie his $50 and then talk to NRMA about reimbursement.

$ 50 for a tow from a crash no way dude more like $400 :sm_drool:
Now with that response I am sure anyone can see my point about the greedy tow truck drivers and smash repairers. Its an example of an inflated price simply because there is an insurance comapny picking up the bill.....go figure, you wonder why your premiums go up used:
Old 10-02-2008, 10:35 AM   #42
TOWIE
TOWIE MEMBER

Old 10-02-2008, 10:39 AM   #43
JOSH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

now this is an old thread
Closed Thread