Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-06-2005, 05:25 PM   #1
EDManual
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Sad about this bloke, died in his Carrera GT.

http://www.theautobahn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13819

obviously an overseas car forum reader who chatted to lots of people. Everyone was envious of his $million car, but not now.

you can die real quick!

I in fact nearly got hit by a truck on Elizabeth st the other week. I was a pedestrian, the green man went, I walked out nearly to the tram tracks talking on my phone when a big tray tuck went straight through the red, missed me by inches. I really felt scared and sat in my car for abhout half an hour thinking about myself......

It can be all over way too quick, and it doesnt matter who you are or how much money you have.
EDManual is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2005, 05:58 PM   #2
Kryton

at the very least he died doing what he enjoyed.
ive almost been cleaned up a few times myself either from taking off too slow or too fast from the lights which in both cases has allowed a red light runner to pass in front off or behind me instead of through me.
very scary seeing a truck in your rear view mirror sliding through the intersection missing the back of your car by centimeters!
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2005, 06:54 PM   #3
XR-ENVI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

a lady i know thru work , was hit on monday, as a pedestrian, by a car in a shopping centre car park. the driver of the car had a heart attack and ran into the pedestrian who is now in a very very bad way. its so unlucky for it to have happened where she was walking and amkes you think how lucky we are each and every day
XR-ENVI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2005, 07:16 PM   #4
seano14
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Very sad story that one, just reading through the posts on that thread and also the other forums that are involved, everyone with memorial avatars makes you really feel for all those forum members, and of course the families who have been robbed of what sound like great guys.
seano14 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2005, 07:23 PM   #5
XplosiveR6
Viper FG XR6 Turbo

i would have thought a car like that, worth so much and designed to race would be a alot more safer then that.
XplosiveR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2005, 08:37 PM   #6
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

I wonder how long before this forum suffers a loss? :(
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2005, 08:49 PM   #7
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF_Dave
i would have thought a car like that, worth so much and designed to race would be a alot more safer then that.
Seeing that damage to a Porsche i can only imagine what would happen to a Falcon or Commodore. No chance in hell of surviving.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2005, 08:50 PM   #8
Cheahman
BOSS 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L
I wonder how long before this forum suffers a loss? :(
We would never really know, unless some of the other members knew them personally.

BA XR8
EB XR8
Cheahman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2005, 09:01 PM   #9
Magical_ED
FORDISMâ„¢

Yeah thats a real bad thing to happen. I mean one of the photos the car doesnt look to badly damaged, but then you look at the other side and its trashed. A guy from FORDMODS *gasp another forum* got hit by a car whilst riding his motorcycle, he died, and lots of members showed their support, by either buying stickers (well i did) or donating to buy something for the family and for the funeral. As this "ben" guy seemed to be a very nice guy the fella from fordmods, seems to be an aussie falcon driving version of him, they both answered any question, and would explain it till you understood it, they wouldnt give up, they were easy to talk to.
Lets hope it doesnt happen again on too many forums as it does effect a large number of people, but mainly the families.
Old 16-06-2005, 09:01 PM   #10
Dodge
i like to be stroked

two died in that crash, sad thing is the car is built for speed but the driver wasnt built for impact, there is no safe way to crash.
Old 17-06-2005, 12:30 PM   #11
blo666

i seen this on another forum
IT WAS NOT BEN'S FAULT!!! THE ORGANIZER HAD PICKED THE 150MPH ZONE AS THE ENTRANCE TO THE TRACK AND THE F-CAR DRIVER PULLED IN FRONT OF HIM NEAR THE END OF THE STRAGHT. THERE WERE NO CORNER WORKS AND NO FLAGS!!! HE TRIED TO AVOID HIM AND SPUN OUT AND HIT THE WALL AT NEARLY THAT SPEED.

The passenger died instantly on impact. Ben was airlifted to the hospital, but still had a pulse when they took him