Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Closed Thread

Old 27-03-2008, 09:40 AM   #1
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default TV FREE to good home!

Hi guys, I have got a bit of an offer I thought I would extend to my fellow AU-vians! I recently purchased a nice shiny new HD LCD TV, and no longer have a use for my CRT TV. I only live in a small place so it is now just taking up room.
This is where the offer comes in. It is a big b***ard of a thing, so it is hard to move and I have nowhere to store it.

OK, here's the catch! When I moved house later last year, I had to move all the stuff with me. Long story short, in our wisdom, my mates and I decided to put the TV behind the fridge in the trailer! Not realising that the back of the fridge is a giant magnet! : So now the TV has a pink blotch in the middle of the screen when it is on. It's still watchable, but noticeable enough to be annoying. I have just not had the time to be able to get it fixed, and now I just bought a new LCD.

So, if anyone would like to take it off my hands, its yours for a slab of beer! (Anything but VB, I hate that stuff!). It comes with a remote and I will even throw in the SD Set Top box with it! Proviso is that you come and pick it up from me. I just cant bring myself to throw it away. Its a perfectly good widescreen TV, just needs a proper degauss. I bought myself a degaussing wand, but I am not sure how to use it properly as it did nothing to it. It's a Hitachi c32wf535n Widescreen CRT. I have a picture below of what it looks like. I don't have the stand, its just the TV itself. First to organise it with me gets it.

Evan

Old 27-03-2008, 09:45 AM   #2
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Wow thats a great offer mate. if i was in Melbourne i would take you up on it.

In regards to the degaussing, you need to hold the button on the wand down and swirl it around the screen and "pull" the colour out, as in pull the wand away from the screen, making sure the wand it activated whilst doing so.

If that makes sense.

Oo\===/oO
Old 27-03-2008, 10:07 AM   #3
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks Peuty, like I said, its too good to just turf so I thought I would put it out there!

I have tried everything with that wand mate, I read up on it on the net. I just don't think the one I have is powerful enough or something. I'm sure a TV shop could fix it though.
Old 27-03-2008, 10:18 AM   #4
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

Damn Damn Damn...
Old 27-03-2008, 10:29 AM   #5
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicAU
Thanks Peuty, like I said, its too good to just turf so I thought I would put it out there!

I have tried everything with that wand mate, I read up on it on the net. I just don't think the one I have is powerful enough or something. I'm sure a TV shop could fix it though.
Yeah the one I used to use was an Arlec one I think. Don't know the specs, but I do know it worked on every telly I used it on.

Oo\===/oO
Old 27-03-2008, 10:31 AM   #6
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well that didn't last long! Looks like Mr Pinkbits got in there quick smart!

Evan
Old 27-03-2008, 10:35 AM   #7
rodderz

Good offer

I got given one last week at work a Samsung by a client, it weighed a tonne and had trouble getting it home in the front seat of the ute (raining), couldnt use 2nd gear as the bottom of the telly was in the way!
Old 27-03-2008, 10:38 AM   #8
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

if its taken... you may aswell get the thread either deleted or closed :P But its still a cool thing you offered one up for free...
Old 27-03-2008, 10:41 AM   #9
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks heaps guys, thought it would be the nice thing to do. It is taken, and will most likely be picked up on the weekend. So if mods feel it should be closed, then so be it!

Evan
Old 27-03-2008, 11:24 AM   #10
HLC
Audi S3

champion thing to do Evan. really nice of you.

anyway now that the telly is gone, goodnight :P