Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-06-2005, 11:38 PM   #1
nugget666
lord of the nuggets

Default If you were to buy....

hey everyone how you going.

if you were looking for a new falcon woudl you buy a AUIII xr6 Manual( what problems did these cars have)

or a Ba xr6 Manual ( what problems do theses cars have)

and planing to work it N/A to get around 200RWkws

What are your opinions and thoguhts please.

:evilking: I saw a commodore chasing a Falcon up the street the other day.. O WAIT they were racing!!!

was about to go wakeboarding but i didnt know about the wheather..... wheather to go or not
nugget666 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2005, 11:44 PM   #2
Steffo
LPG > You

I'd go for the BA. It's slightly heavier, but the Barra182 is a vastly superior engine to the old OHC 12v 4.0. Plus it's a newer car, which makes it egronomically superior (most of the time - but definitley in the BA's case), plus BA is more aesthetically appealing, and you can easily get 200rwkW out of them n/a.

Check out http://www.nizpro.com.au
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2005, 08:52 AM   #3
FNQracing
RAGE Engineering

Provided you had the funds, I'd pick the AU anyday of the week. Sure, you'll pickup an AU for a slab of beer, the the BA is a MUCH MUCH better car.

Do you really want to spend the dollars in working it? Do the sums as to how much your planned mods will set you back and then weigh up if you'd be better off in a V8 or a T to begin with. Heavily modded cars, particularly NA 6 pot Falcons are very hard to shift in the used car market as they are not very sought after.

If its performance you're after, and you have the bucks to sink some money into it, then I'd go straight to a factory peformance T or 8.
Old 22-06-2005, 03:39 PM   #4
Mike Gayner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

From your two choices I'd go for a BA XR6, but for similar funds you could pick up a slightly older V8 ;)
Mike Gayner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2005, 03:48 PM   #5
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

200 rwkw N/A from an AU6 is not a 'off the shelf' proposition. Work backwards with power to weight and then do the sums.. Off the cuff because i cbf working it out but BA for example 1900kg:200kw power to weight is .11 using that .11 in an AU 1700kg car means you need around 187kw to be on a comparable scale (power delivery excluded of course)

187 rwkw is still alot for an N/A car.. but I'd be thinking the BA Barra is alot better base for that kind of output.

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2005, 03:51 PM   #6
nugget01
95EFAIRMONT

choice would really be up to you. speaking of problems that the cars have , as far as new cars go u allways have to fix things wich are screwed up off the factory floor.
Have a chat to fatxagt , he has a ba ute which has had it's fair share of problems ( diff , brakes , gear box ) The bonus thing about the AU would be that all the problems would have been ironed out. if you do get an au , make sure its got an XR front end. Hate the AU headlights but the xr head lights do it justice. Mind you , what do I know , I own a 10 year old EF fairmont!
Nugget
Oh and nice to see another nugget out there
nugget01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2005, 05:47 PM   #7
nugget666
lord of the nuggets

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugget01
choice would really be up to you. speaking of problems that the cars have , as far as new cars go u allways have to fix things wich are screwed up off the factory floor.
Have a chat to fatxagt , he has a ba ute which has had it's fair share of problems ( diff , brakes , gear box ) The bonus thing about the AU would be that all the problems would have been ironed out. if you do get an au , make sure its got an XR front end. Hate the AU headlights but the xr head lights do it justice. Mind you , what do I know , I own a 10 year old EF fairmont!
Nugget
Oh and nice to see another nugget out there

haha nice to see another nugget too. im going to buy the plates nugget i think so you better not take them first

The Ba xt is that just a base model like the forte?
if i was after a cheaper option would a XT be the way to go?

:evilking: I saw a commodore chasing a Falcon up the street the other day.. O WAIT they were racing!!!

was about to go wakeboarding but i didnt know about the wheather..... wheather to go or not
nugget666 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post