Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

View Poll Results: What do you think ?
Like it 13 86.67%
Dont Like it 2 13.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-05-2008, 11:59 PM   #1
brad`
The Monty

Default Double DIN DVD player.. what u think ?

Hey my birthday is comming up later this month well about 2 weeks off, and with the money im getting im thinking of getting this DVD player.. what do you think ? let me know if you have heard anything about it wether it be good or bad.

JVC - KWAVX710

The Double-DIN receiver can play DivX® and other video formats on the wide 7-inch monitor, which is also a user-friendly touch panel. With GIGA MP3 MULTI, you can play a huge amount of songs in MP3/WMA/WAV format from a single disc. The unit is compatible with iPod and Bluetooth® Wireless Technology with optional adapters.

- MOS-FET 50W x 4
- Ready for Bluetooth® Wireless Technology*
- Built-in 7-Inch Wide Monitor
- GIGA MP3 MULTI
- WAV/MP3/WMA Compatible (DVD/CD)
- DivX®/JPEG/MPEG1,2 Compatible (DVD/CD)
- Ready for iPod**
- CD Changer Ready
- DTS Digital Out/Dolby Digital/MPEG Audio
- 7-Band iEQ
- 2.5V Line Output Level
- Output Terminals (Line x 1 pair/Composite Video)
- Optical Digital Out
- Touch Panel
- AV Input Terminals
- Multilingual Display (English/Spanish/French/
German/Italian/Dutch/Swedish/Danish/ Russian)
- Rear View Camera Ready
* KS-BTA200 required. Available functions depend
on mobile phone.
** KS-PD100 required

Attached Images
File Type: jpg KW-AVX710_U.jpg (18.8 KB, 69 views)
brad` is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2008, 01:24 PM   #2
BFD83
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It looks really nice man! I'd love to get one but can't afford it.
BFD83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2008, 04:02 PM   #3
JoesAu

only problemm with them is that they are hard to make em look em good in the au dash cos they are a pain to fit and to get em looking right, i would get one of the slide out ones, better yet buy wheels and springs for ya car then worry bout the insides
JoesAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2008, 06:58 PM   #4
brad`
The Monty

haha i got a mate that has a job in pedders but is on holidays, so when he gets back he is ordering me a pair of struts and spring all in due time
Old 10-05-2008, 09:02 PM   #5
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

I'm trying to remember who installed something similar but make a custom surround to suit the odd shaped dash... cant remember where it is... could have been Blackers...

BTW brad and JoesAU... where were you when i did a shout out for Geelong members to do a mini meet up when i was down there? got some E-series guys come around...
Old 10-05-2008, 09:13 PM   #6
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEPRINT
I'm trying to remember who installed something similar but make a custom surround to suit the odd shaped dash... cant remember where it is... could have been Blackers...

BTW brad and JoesAU... where were you when i did a shout out for Geelong members to do a mini meet up when i was down there? got some E-series guys come around...
it was a guy with an AU LTD that did custom woodgrain stuff if that helps.....

nothing wrong with JVC gear, im running a JVC DVD headunit in my car and its been flawless.....
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2008, 09:22 PM   #7
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUXO_8
it was a guy with an AU LTD that did custom woodgrain stuff if that helps.....
Yeah, thats right... i knew i was partially right :P

It was a great idea and had the right look too... but might look better in dash colour than in Woodgrain...
Old 11-05-2008, 09:54 AM   #8
blackauman
Gotta Love Manual V8!!

I put one of these Headunits in my AU XR8 yesterday. Very happy with the quality of them. A bit hard to install in the AU, but the guy I took it to worked it out and is all good. Very neat, great sound options, nice looking when all lit up, etc. I paid about $850 from JB-HIFI. Haven't had time to play with the settings properly as yet, but initial indications is that it's well worth it. Loving it so far!!!
  • Tickford Snorkle
  • K&N Air Filter
  • HI-Flow Cats
  • Sports Exhaust
  • 7" Touch Screen DVD Player
  • 12" Sub and 4ch Amp
blackauman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2008, 10:46 AM   #9
JoesAu

Quote:

yeah i couldnt make it, next one for sure!
JoesAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2008, 11:25 AM   #10
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i think mine is now superceded by the latest model (if there is a model above that one??.. mine was RRP $1600 or somthin silly like that)

it was umeniko or somthing that had the fake woodgrain.. was made from a piece of wood shaped to fit properly..
then airbrushed to a woodgrain finish similar to the factory stuff

the bottom sticks out a fair way.. and the screen JUST misses the gearstick when in park as it opens when you insert a new cd

lovly unit
has an option to make it dull when it gets to a certain time of day so it doesnt shine in your eyes while driving at night

will be a great purchase
Old 12-05-2008, 09:04 AM   #11
brad`
The Monty

Quote:

Didnt even hear abouyt it sorry, last thing i heard about was the cruise from melbourne to geelong, damn would have comne if i knew. been wanting to catch up with some of the boys/girls from the forum. look forward to it