Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-05-2008, 12:07 PM   #31
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

I didn't read that bumper was attached with cable ties.. Only body kit was...
Rags to hold battery ?? I bet it was packed with rags ?? No big deal !!
It possibly isn't running a charcoal canister?? Meaning fuel tank may be vented to atmo ?? Which will make it smell of fuel..Also any engine driven that hard and fast would smell anyway... Tyres in boot !!! Sheesh we better be careful !!! How do we get on taking our slicks to Wsid ??
Didn't know it was a crime !!! Authorities pumping their chests to look like they are doing something... Waynker for driving so fast though ...
Media beat up...
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2008, 12:25 PM   #32
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

I also thought this was about e-series, only the plastic thing on the side of the passenger seat has them, it wouldnt be an E series otherwise...

Re: The seats, what if he had have hit something, wouldnt they be a massive problem by flying forward? Just a thought for the ones getting defensive....

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2008, 12:28 PM   #33
genebaby
Abuser of Charvels

I think the tyres were in the back, in place of the back seat, that's what it sounds like.

It is a legal requirement to have seats in the back, even if registered legally as a two seater vehicle, you can't just have empty space back there. It's illegal to then sit there as a passenger. You do have to remove the seat belts/restraints from the rear if it's legally a two seater.

Daily: Tornado MY20 GTI

Retired: Venom BA XR8 - build thread
genebaby is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2008, 02:46 PM   #34
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think some of you are loosing sight of the fact that he was pulled up doing 263KPH in an un roadworthy car....

Old 23-05-2008, 04:20 PM   #35
stiddy
Banned

Define un-roadworthy......
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2008, 04:24 PM   #36
genebaby
Abuser of Charvels

no rear seats at all does it straight away. If the dash was really unsecured that would not help the cause.

Daily: Tornado MY20 GTI

Retired: Venom BA XR8 - build thread
genebaby is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2008, 04:30 PM   #37
stiddy
Banned

I supose it comes down to ones idea of roadworthy then, technically the car may be deemed unroadworthy due to the lack of backseats, but I really can't class the car and being (physically) unroadworthy. The rear seats in no way affect the car on the road.
The guy is a tool for doing those speeds but (alot of us on here can't talk, may not be that extensive though) I hardly doubt the car is anywhere near as bad as its made out to be.
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2008, 06:31 PM   #38
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Un-roadworthy my but, the battery was held in by a clamp/bracket (apposed to just sitting there) his worn out tires were in the car (its not like a full breif case or laptop is any more stupid) and the rear seat wasn't there when he was the only passanger in the car...

Bumper bar held buy cabe ties? No biggie, a bolt hold on a kit no better in normal conditions, its just in a crash that it makes a difference, and beeing a cosmetic thing it means nothing.

Hed did 260k's on a road, the only dumbar$e thing he did...

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2008, 06:34 PM   #39
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiddy
(alot of us on here can't talk, may not be that extensive though)
True 90% of the people here would have broken the speedlimit willfuly at least once.

\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 23-05-2008, 06:37 PM   #40
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You have to remember what one simple mod will classify your car as unroadworthy. As Nikked just posted, about the only likely stupid thing he did was the speed he was busted doing and the rest exagerated :
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2008, 06:39 PM   #41
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
True 90% of the people here would have broken the speedlimit willfuly at least once.
So true i do it everyday almost (not much over) and i lost my license over it aswell. We were all young and dumb once
Old 23-05-2008, 07:37 PM   #42
yabby6
The Convert

nothing said about unroadworthy tyres on the car so i guess back seat removed to carry spare set of wheels and tyres for the track.
Old 26-05-2008, 02:38 PM   #43
XR06T
13.96 @ 101.65

its not unheard of to register a track car as a 2 seater if you have a half cage..
Old 26-05-2008, 05:51 PM   #44
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mental

Rear Seats -- It may have been a requirement of the engineers for the engine that the car be registered as a 2 seater only. Short of that, if it was a race car as has been described, the individual may have just been looking for less weight or -
Tires in the back of the car/Smells like fuel -- If I'm not mistaken, the 200SX is a hatch back. So space is a premium. No rear seats = more space for spares and tools. Also, if he was at a race track like described then you have to put your spare fuel somewhere.
Exactly, i dont know what the defect was for? This car is roadworthy (atleast from what we know from the artical).

-No rear seat: Im not too sure (i think some states need the car registered as a 2 seater to do this) but i think removing the seatbelts ok's it...

-Clamp/braket: Clamps/brakets hold down 99% of batterys in cars,

-Fuel smell, as you said prolly a fuel can in there (200sx has a normal boot, not a hatch)

-The Dash not secured? Its very unlikely that the whole dash yould be unsecured, as there is heaps of different sections, not to mention the screws and bolts that hold it in.

-tires in the back: cant get defected for carring tires in you car.

-Cable tied bar: Can't get defected for that, infact cable ties probally do a better job then some factory clips and scews

\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 26-05-2008, 10:54 PM   #45
HOEBAG
Banned

I hope this guy dishes it to them in court.
I wouldn't be suprised if he had a prang and had to makeshift fix his car! haha
But if 260km/h?

What a douche.
HOEBAG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2008, 11:29 PM   #46
schnoods
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You know what they need to make????

Chrome plated cable ties. :

95 EF XR8, Advance headers, Vortech V2 t trim blower, Ported Cobra Manifold, Capa Switch Chip Eliminator. 307 rwhp 395 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105mph

Now NA- AFR 165 heads, 1.6RR, Ported Cobra 269rwhp 14.2 ... needs stall and 4.11's

1977 CL Chrysler Panel Van, 360, 727 torqueflite auto soon to be restored.
schnoods is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2008, 11:44 PM   #47
XR6_190
BF XR6, oh yeah!!

The Police pulled his car off the road for being un-roadworthy, so we have some moron driving on the countries busiest road, in an un-roadworthy car doing a ridiculous speed, after he has just been to the track where he can legally drive what he wants, how he wants. I can't believe that some of you are backing him up for this.

Sure most of us have sped, But there is a bit of a difference between doing 120 in a 100 zone, to doing 263 in a 110 zone (and who is to say he wasn't going any faster at some point?) Tools like this make all of us 'responsible' car enthusiasts look bad. I hope he gets whats coming to him.
Old 27-05-2008, 10:48 AM   #48
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i seriously doubt he was doing 263km's. police arnt even allowed to pull him over as its dangerous speeds. 200km's give or take a few is a bit more likely. Still a dumb thing to do but how many of you have never tried to hit 200km's before? you dont have to answer but its more then half of you ill bet whther it was 20 years ago or last week.

No i dont condone what speeds he did but the rest of the article is bullcrap
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2008, 02:40 PM   #49
Lab_Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnoods
You know what they need to make????

Chrome plated cable ties. :
Carbon fiber look cable ties would suit the tool drivers market better i think

1977 351 Ford LTD!
Lab_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2008, 02:55 PM   #50
5L
[ 5L ]

they make stainless steel ones!!!!!

sisters ex bf was a rigger and he had a bag of stainless steel ones, that he used up in telecommunication towers.

i serioulsy doubt this car could do 260km/h my mate has one they run out of steam top end and the gearing wouldnt be set up correctly to do so. they are a sporty car with close gearing for take off not set up for top speed. and going by the description of the car it sounds like a drift car, so if anything it would have a higher diff ratio than standard.
[ 5L ] 2001 AU series 2 xr8, 220kw, 5speed, leather interior, premium sound, narooma blue, cat back exhaust, k&n filter,willall edit,MSD coil packs, MSD leads, monroe gt gas shocks, superlow kingsprings 187rwkw (mainline)

www.ignitionimages.com
5L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2008, 03:43 PM   #51
XR06T
13.96 @ 101.65

it would have been on limiter for sure, but apparently it had the balls. rb25 with a gt35
Old 27-05-2008, 03:46 PM   #52
TOASTED
JMM modded EF

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCSEDAN
sounds like a drift car....
correction sounds like a P>O>S

Guess the alcohol tax is turning people to mind altering drugs.
I drive : A heavily modified EF Fairmont with a JMM dev5 cam, worked head, 3.5" mandrel bent intake, exhaust, and a few other bits n pieces like a stally etc.

"She goes like a zirtek"

WANT A FAST FORD RING THIS BLOKE V V

Abbott Engines for HeadWork
20 years experience
PH Rob on (07) 5526 3883
TOASTED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2008, 05:22 PM   #53
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6_190
The Police pulled his car off the road for being un-roadworthy, so we have some moron driving on the countries busiest road, in an un-roadworthy car doing a ridiculous speed, after he has just been to the track where he can legally drive what he wants, how he wants. I can't believe that some of you are backing him up for this.

Sure most of us have sped, But there is a bit of a difference between doing 120 in a 100 zone, to doing 263 in a 110 zone (and who is to say he wasn't going any faster at some point?) Tools like this make all of us 'responsible' car enthusiasts look bad. I hope he gets whats coming to him.
No one condoneing the speeding, but the fact that the car was hardly unroadworthy, at most the defect was for the lack of rear seat, and thats not making the car any more dangerous to you and me.

\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 27-05-2008, 09:14 PM   #54
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

: Boy some red hearings here... this fool was caught doing a ridiculous speed... then some get on here trying to defend him by claiming his car is roadworthy??? DUH? what's the relevance of that either way? He was doing 263KPH..
Im not sure how anyone would know its roadworthy without knowing this tool.. or having inside info on the charges.. other wise it just smacks of defending the indefensible....

Old 27-05-2008, 10:17 PM   #55
XR6_190
BF XR6, oh yeah!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
: Boy some red hearings here... this fool was caught doing a ridiculous speed... then some get on here trying to defend him by claiming his car is roadworthy??? DUH? what's the relevance of that either way? He was doing 263KPH..
Im not sure how anyone would know its roadworthy without knowing this tool.. or having inside info on the charges.. other wise it just smacks of defending the indefensible....
Exactly!
Old 27-05-2008, 10:36 PM   #56
futura888
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This car sounds like most of mates cars,pretty much every car he has owned has been held together with cable ties or 100mph tape .

Why the hell was he doing 263kph,yet another temporary aussie,hopefully he doesn't take anyone else out with him..what a knob :togo: .
futura888 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post