Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 10-06-2008, 05:33 PM   #31
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim_reaper
I know plenty of uninsured safe drivers.

Thats great. I don't.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2008, 08:01 AM   #32
b2tf
not here much anymore

I don't know how this thread got onto arguing about who has got insurance and who doesn't, but it stops now.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:48 PM   #33
51OAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

mate that really sucks...i crased my falcon about 2 years ago...im insured with just cars aswell the place i got did a absoluty perfect job on my car u wouldn't even think i crashed it. where are u in brisbane??
51OAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2008, 05:54 PM   #34
dishpig
Only an xr6...

I'm based in wynnum mate, well update time. . . Today the assesor came out and inspected the car, he agreed with everything I said, he said it looked like the panel wasn't pushed out as far at the bottom because the top seemed to line up ok. So the whole panel is gettin redone. I also mentioned the skirting and how ford still stocked them but he didn't really react to that but said the skirting would be redone. He told me that he'd be calling the repairs mob and tell them what's going on and then he'd call me.

Unfortuanatly I forgot to ask him about the hire car but when he calls me back I'll ask him then, I hope I get one because otherwise I have to find a way to get to ipswich and back and that might mean my mum would have to walk to work.

So anyway this afternoon I went in to the repairers to pick up the wheel they forgot to do and there's no drama's there so maybe I'm gettting through to these blokes. I told him about the assesor and all of a sudden the smile on his face seemed to get a little smaller. :

When the repairer does call me to organise the time it probably won't be till the 23rd because I'm entering the ute into powerplay :eclipsee_ which is on the 21st. By my luck I'll probably get crashed into or roll my car. :

TICKFORD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>FPV
dishpig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2008, 05:57 PM   #35
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishpig
When the repairer does call me to organise the time it probably won't be till the 23rd because I'm entering the ute into powerplay :eclipsee_ which is on the 21st. By my luck I'll probably get crashed into or roll my car. :
Just be careful with this, you might find yourself in a position where they blame the crap job on something you do at this event. I know it sounds like BS but it does happen and if it does you may have a fight on your hands.

Honestly I'd reconsider entering it.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:02 PM   #36
dishpig
Only an xr6...

I've waited for over a year to enter this event so it might be a bit hard for me to get the willpower to say no. I'm planning on taking lots of pics of it before the event of everything just incase this happens. All the reapiarer is going to know about it is that before the 21st is too inconvient for me.

TICKFORD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>FPV
dishpig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2008, 06:09 PM   #37
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishpig
I've waited for over a year to enter this event so it might be a bit hard for me to get the willpower to say no. I'm planning on taking lots of pics of it before the event of everything just incase this happens. All the reapiarer is going to know about it is that before the 21st is too inconvient for me.
Fair enough, but just make very sure you cover yourself. Would hate for them to knock you back on the repairs after all of this is all.
Old 12-06-2008, 02:22 PM   #38
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

stuff that man, if you get it back again and theres still dramas, contact the ombudsman - push for FREE rental car, tell them this is detrimental to your job and your mental state, tell them why am i paying insurance for when they cant fix your car, etc

the ombudsman has the power to overrule Mr. assessor so use their power even if a screw is 1mm to long - stick it to them

dispute contact for relevant insurers

http://www.insuranceombudsman.com.au/

if they fail - VV these are the ombudsmen that are part of the company

http://www.insuranceombudsman.com.au...id=1&PageID=54

http://www.insuranceombudsman.com.au...?id=1&PageID=7

get EVERYTHING in writing and make sure they fill out one of those pages with a car diagram and they list damage on the car with a few lines to comment about and get a copy of it, note everytime you speak to them and make sure they know what your talking about confirm it with them - and get their names

5months in and out of court teaches you alot.....

P.S. i have no time for insurance companies or repairers who waste my time let alone money

2002 Ford Falcon AU S3 SR
2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute
2006 Ford Territory TX
2003 Ford Falcon XR8
2009 Territory Turbo Ghia

Current: 2012 Audi A4 B8 2.0T Quattro
S3SR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post