Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 30-05-2008, 07:34 AM   #31
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
Sam is not gone.

He's become grumpy and the reality is that he is ageing. He's easily irritated and his memory isn't quite as good as it used to be.

Like many old men who remain single for too long, he's become filthy.

BUT he will be back. That was stated on THe Footy Show.
The news that he had been sacked is sensationalism at its best.

He will be back.

And if you think Rugby is so good, Canterbury Bulldogs are on a crusade for 10,000 members by 2010.
In the AFL, Melbourne has like 20,000 members and are at the bottom of the pile. Carlton and Collingwood both have 40,000+ members this year. That's impressive, despite Collingwood not having won a flag since 1990 and 1958 before then, and Carlton has won three wooden spoons between 2002 and 2006, without having finished last in its first 105 years in the VFL/AFL.

Canterbury won the premiership several seasons ago and you would think that such success would see the club thrive off-field in terms of membership...nope...still looking for the magical 10,000.

And AFL crowds are the best of any spectator sport in Australia.

The AFL Grand Final is also among the most watched programs of the calendar year.
So what? Global scale... Rugby League vs AFL... who wins... oh right

If you want to talk popularity :

In all seriousness though, sport aside... I watched the AFL Footy Show once, it airs straight after the NRL one here... and it put me to sleep it was so boring. The NRL blokes (Fatty, Sterlo etc) really go well with the show and make it funny... the AFL one seemed tacky and boring.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2008, 01:55 PM   #32
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo

In all seriousness though, sport aside... I watched the AFL Footy Show once, it airs straight after the NRL one here... and it put me to sleep it was so boring. The NRL blokes (Fatty, Sterlo etc) really go well with the show and make it funny... the AFL one seemed tacky and boring.
Being more popular doesn't make something better - as quoted by a fellow forum member

In all seriousness though, sport aside... I watched the NRL Footy Show once, it airs straight after the AFL one here... and it put me to sleep it was so boring. The AFL blokes (Sam, Trevor etc) really go well with the show and make it funny... the NRL one seemed tacky and boring.

which code and show you watch depends entirely where you grew up. most (not all) follow the code revelant to their state or country

i think the reason rugby sides do not seem to have many members is because most of the fans are leagues club members as opposed to footy club members. wheras in afl a member is only a member of the footy club. maybe nsw people are too smart to let 2 hours of a weekend dictate their mood for a whole week
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2008, 02:47 PM   #33
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Quote:

At least AFL isn't going broke.
Old 30-05-2008, 04:10 PM   #34
dave289
Banned

My opinion is that sam newman is a di**h*ad and one night on who wants to be a millionare or similiar he proved to us that his brain is no bigger than his left testicle.he was so dumb he could not answer one single question and these were simple questions.TOOOOOOL .good slap in the head would not go astray.
dave289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2008, 05:14 PM   #35
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

The reason why AFL is so great is that it is Australia's game. We truly own it.

Rugby of all codes is from some other place...probably England (I really don't know, largely because I don't care).

The AFL Footy Show is hardly about football anymore.
Footy Classified is good, but I preferred Talking Footy. FC has too many personality clashes, such as Hutchy VS The Rest.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2008, 05:22 PM   #36
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
In this age of political correctness anyone who expresses an opinion outside of that is going to have a short career....
Its a shame people have such thin skins to some of this stuff, even if you don't like him or his opinions he adds flavour to a very sanitised and scripted media world...
If you want un PC and have a digital tuner then on the second of the ABC digital channels has been airing an NZ program called Seven Periods with Mr Gormley... It is absolutely brilliant, the best thing I have seen on TV for years. It looks as though the second series has just finished on there but keep an eye out for it when it screens again. It is wickedly funny and very clever.

For those without digital then Boston Legal gives a good dose of un-pc humour and is about the only funny thing the yanks have ever made.
Old 13-06-2008, 01:49 PM   #37
guitarman
1-2-3-(er)5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
Sam's a legend....

He's not afraid to dish it out in this day and age where people get offended over the pettiest of things. It's becoming a nation of wusses!

Some things he overdoes but his choice of words and descriptions are legendary!
Absolutely, He's a truly funny unique bloke!
I am a Rugby Union fan, but I really like BOTH footy shows.

Trevor Marmalade is another true sidesplitter not afraid to laugh at himself or people around him. Thin-skinned, argumentative creeps like that Shane Crawford are actually really jealous of Sam and the true geniuses who just be themselves!
Truly funny peoples' jokes are not meant to hurt anyone, they just see the humour in everything!!, AND PITY HELP YOU IF YOU CROSS THE NARROW-MINDED, INTELLECTUALLY-THREATENED MORON WHO THINKS YOU ARE LOOKING DOWN ON THEM (and you're not)) BY SIMPLY BEING FUNNY! THESE PEOPLE ARE JEALOUS, AND LIKE TO PROTECT THEIR SINGLE-FIGURE I.Q. BY ATTACKING YOU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
In this age of political correctness anyone who expresses an opinion outside of that is going to have a short career....
Its a shame people have such thin skins to some of this stuff, even if you don't like him or his opinions he adds flavour to a very sanitised and scripted media world...

SERIOUS FUN

* 2003 BA Mk I XT 4.0L Auto Wagon
* 1986 XF GL 4.0L Auto Wagon
guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2008, 02:06 PM   #38
gtxb67

i like sam because he is one of the few people in the world that can be both extremely articulate and also a boof head type at the same time

no one laughs louder at the jokes trevor gives to him than sam himself. he even found it possible to laugh when rene kink made a comment about sam losing his kidney. having not lost a kidney or any other part of my body i would assume even after all these years, it would have been difficult to laugh at, but sam took it very well. he does sometimes make cruel fun of people but when it is given back to him, he laughs. in my opnion he is not a hypocryte. he can be offensive, but his main crime is where he chooses to do street talk. he picks places where he knows he will get certain people coming up to him and then to some extent they are fair game. they seem to chase him and the camera alot of the time
Old 13-06-2008, 02:36 PM   #39
guitarman
1-2-3-(er)5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
The reason why AFL is so great is that it is Australia's game. We truly own it.
AAh!....A UU F U L

It's for u&u & u

SERIOUS FUN

Old 13-06-2008, 04:41 PM   #40
TadKa
Wait? What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarman
AAh!....A UU F U L

It's for u&u & u
you idiot
TadKa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2008, 06:39 PM   #41
guitarman
1-2-3-(er)5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TadKa
you idiot
It's just a joke, YOU idiot!

SERIOUS FUN

Old 13-06-2008, 08:00 PM   #42
burnz
VFII SS UTE

gay ef ell, the only game you get a point for a miss.
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2008, 08:07 PM   #43
TadKa
Wait? What?

Quote:
It's just a joke, YOU idiot!
What is this? Primary school?

Anyway "you idiot" is sam's trademark.
So it's a topical insult.
Old 13-06-2008, 08:08 PM   #44
TadKa
Wait? What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz
gay ef ell, the only game you get a point for a miss.
You must really hate darts.
Old 13-06-2008, 09:04 PM   #45
XRchic
Hello

I love Sam Newman, he has me in fits every time I watch the Footy Show. He is part of it, and I hope he returns soon. I also hope he recovers soon too. Its not been the same without Eddie really (yes, I like him too) and now without Sam, it's a bit average.

I dont care what Sam did with the mannequin of Caroline Wilson. Chics who worry about that sort of thing need to get a life. I can understand why Caroline was agro about it, but at least she didnt go on toooo much about it... but all the other feminists overreacting was a bit too hormonal for my liking.

Sam can take it as good as he dishes it out anyway, he is always the butt of jokes about his being run over and all sorts of other things. He is quite happy to take the out of himself most of the time!

I like how he is outspoken (about the umpiring and the way the game has gone downhill, for example) and I like Street Talk too. He is different, not politically correct and doesnt pretend to be something he isnt.

There are much worse people around than Sam Newman, thats for sure. I hope he comes back bigger, better and cheekier than ever!

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2008, 09:05 PM   #46
guitarman
1-2-3-(er)5?

Default True Genius AFL Vs NRL style

This was really funny!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxb67
In all seriousness though, sport aside... I watched the NRL Footy Show once, it airs straight after the AFL one here... and it put me to sleep it was so boring. The AFL blokes (Sam, Trevor etc) really go well with the show and make it funny... the NRL one seemed tacky and boring.

SERIOUS FUN

Old 13-06-2008, 09:28 PM   #47
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
This was really funny!
why type when you can cut n past.
Old 13-06-2008, 09:36 PM   #48
TadKa
Wait? What?

Quote:
Well, what grade are you in! You started it - "You Idiot" is hardly tertiary stuff!!
You might have missed the pun.

Quote:
I forgot, you poor Tassie bastards, AFL is the only thing you play down there, plus you're cut off from the mainland, on an island shaped like a c..t!
I've never got into playing afl. But I do play touch (cross between rugby and chasings) and have just got into league. I was yelling in front of the telly almost as loud as you queenslanders on Wednesday as well. (30-0!!!!)

I bloody love watching afl though. (Go Pies)
Each to their own. I just love sports.

oh, and a $40 55 minute flight is not really cut off.

Last edited by TadKa; 13-06-2008 at 09:39 PM. Reason: typo
Old 13-06-2008, 09:37 PM   #49
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
[/b]
Weekend, yes, but what about last Wed night!!..........hehehe (30-zip).

queenslandaaaahhhhh!!!!
bring on game three..

oh and the mexican's don't mind origin, they liked it when played down their.
Old 13-06-2008, 09:56 PM   #50
guitarman
1-2-3-(er)5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TadKa
You might have missed the pun.

I've never got into playing afl. But I do play touch (cross between rugby and chasings) and have just got into league. I was yelling in front of the telly almost as loud as you queenslanders on Wednesday as well. (30-0!!!!)

I bloody love watching afl though. (Go Pies)
Each to their own. I just love sports.
No, mate, I was only kidding, too. (and as DAZZLER would say: : )
"you idiot" is Sam's trademark, and love him or hate him, he did leave an impression. Would you believe, I once was a touch footy ("chasings") referee, and my 12 y/o son has played AFL for the last 4 years (and I love it), as well as my Union & League.

burnzy!

SERIOUS FUN

Last edited by guitarman; 13-06-2008 at 10:15 PM.
Old 14-06-2008, 12:11 AM   #51
guitarman
1-2-3-(er)5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapeworm
eat some crushed cement and harden up..
classic!

I hope that Sam Newman (and Eddie) will be coming back! Billy ("a few frothys") is pretty funny, Trev's a legend, Fev (The Carlton one and our own West Penno one[AFF humour]) is good, and even Crawford has his moments,etc, but we like to rock with Sam & Eddie.

TadKa: OOPS! Your 'Custom User Title', not your 'Avatar', is really funny! Your Avatar is a nice looking car!!

burnz: We better not get too cocky, mate, you can run over a cockroach in a F250 and still not kill it. Wait 'til the 3rd game's over!

SERIOUS FUN

Old 14-06-2008, 12:53 AM   #52
gtxb67

Quote:
[/b]
Weekend, yes, but what about last Wed night!!..........hehehe (30-zip).

queenslandaaaahhhhh!!!! That 'whole week' will be about a 'month'
you got me there - that one will probably hurt, for more than a couple of minutes. it sets it up for an exciting decider
Old 14-06-2008, 01:30 AM   #53
guitarman
1-2-3-(er)5?

Quote:
you got me there - that one will probably hurt, for more than a couple of minutes. it sets it up for an exciting decider
Haha
It sure will, mate; We up here never underestimate you buggers!! That's why we pinched Greg Inglis from you! Gasnier is at his best (from our point of view) sitting on his backside, dazed!

Our 'gloating moments' were few and far between many years ago!!!, so bear with us while we have our moments in the sun! ing_sm

SERIOUS FUN

Last edited by guitarman; 14-06-2008 at 01:50 AM.
Old 14-06-2008, 01:58 AM   #54
gtxb67

Quote:
Haha
It sure will, mate; We up here never underestimate you buggers!! That's why we pinched Greg Inglis from you! Gasnier is at his best (from our point of view) sitting on his backside, dazed!

Our 'gloating moments' were few and far between many years ago!!!, so bear with us while we have our moments in the sun! ing_sm
i am confused - i am a mexican
we do not have an origin team, do we? - i lean toward nsw, and probably still would if victoria was involved - as i have always followed canterbury in the league and did not change because victoria had a team
Old 14-06-2008, 02:14 AM   #55
guitarman
1-2-3-(er)5?

Quote:
i am confused - i am a mexican
we do not have an origin team, do we? - i lean toward nsw, and probably still would if victoria was involved - as i have always followed canterbury in the league and did not change because victoria had a team
: : : Sorry, mate, My mistake !!! I just presumed you were a New South Welshman!! (I couldn't see your state details!)
That's like calling a clevo a windsor!
You must have thought I was mad!.........(correctly!)

Anyway, love the coupe webpages! Good Stuff!

SERIOUS FUN

Last edited by guitarman; 14-06-2008 at 02:23 AM.
Old 14-06-2008, 02:27 AM   #56
gtxb67

Quote:
: : : Sorry, mate, My mistake !!! I just presumed you were a New South Welshman!! (I couldn't see your state details!)
That's like calling a clevo a windsor!
You must have thought I was mad!.........(correctly!)

Anyway, love the coupe webpages! Good Stuff!
no worries, with my first reply tonight, i thought you were just sticking up the people from nsw - it didn't occur that you thought i was from there. we must be as mad as each other :

thanx for the kind words on our pages, glad you enjoy them