Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 08-02-2008, 02:57 PM   #31
Mr Cube
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

IMO - Leave the S1 nose I think it looks hot, though I may be biased.

AUI VCT:
To date - Big brake upgrade, Koni and Kings all round, 2.5 cat back ready for replacing, 19" again ready for replacing.

Planned - Too much now I got the baby back.
Mr Cube is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2008, 03:34 PM   #32
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR8-AUwagon
We bought a written off AU XR8 with the Tickford 220kW engine & T5 box. The guy's brother had wrapped it around a tree on way home from having roadworthy done to sell it!
Not to be picky, but if it has the 220kw version of the V8, how is the series one XR front off the engine donor's car? Or have I missed a vital piece of info along the line somewhere?

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2008, 03:40 PM   #33
Homes
Falcon Loving Hermit

Quote:
Thanks for all the comments everyone. Hubby & I have had a few chuckles. Each to their own opinion I always say. Just enjoying having a bit of show with my go, IYKWIM!! lol. Yep the front was from the donor car and seeing as it was a very close colour match & didn't cost us any more coin, we thought it the best option. Don't want to draw too much attention if I have a red nose cone or something! It's been great reading through all the threads - I haven't found any mummy friends that are into cars, so I don't get to talk that much about my passion, nor do they understand my need for anything other than "just a car". "Why do you need to do .... to your car?" is something I'm always asked. If you're not into cars, you just don't get it. Even my own Mum & Dad don't get me. Glad I found hubby at the Brissy Hot Rod show 16 years ago, otherwise I'd probably be whistling around in a little Mazda3 or something, rather than the fantastic variety of 8s that have been in my life - fully worked XD with roll-cage, harnesses, rode almost on the bump stops (hubby's car, but quickly became my 1st car), Compact Fairlane, XA coupe, XB coupe, LTD, Ford Galaxy, XB coupe, VN wagon (I know - a Holden & only a 6, but it looked tough as), black EB XR8, XD Fairmont Ghia, green EB XR8, black EB XR8 (same one I'd had previously - loved it so much I bought it back), AU wagon (now XR8 AU wagon). Also in there we've had a few "joint" cars & bikes - a couple of Chevys and for the last 5 years, a Pontiac Laurenthian - mainly Suzuki bikes, with a couple of Honda's here & there. Just before I had bub last year, hubby rebuilt a GSX1100 right down to every nut & bolt being hand polished. Our new home (being built at mo')has 2 garages - his & hers - with hubby's being 15.5m x 7.5m with it's own bathroom and probably end up having lounge, telly & PS2 down there too. Should be able to fit all our cars, bikes & stuff in there. Anyway, best be off. See you all around the forum or on the road!! Mumma A.

can you hit a bit of grammar/punctuation please...this block of words made my head spin...but i think you must be a real cool chick - all car chicks are cool aren't they?
Old 08-02-2008, 03:54 PM   #34
Andy XR8
AU3 Winged Windsor

i drove past an xr8 wagon on my way home this arvo, it had XR8WGN plates, it was black, had s1 front bar and xr8 badges all round. yours looks much nicer though.
Andy XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2008, 11:06 PM   #35
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I like it, even the wheels! Nice work you've done.

p.s. theres nothing wrong with mazda 3's lol!
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2008, 07:43 AM   #36
XR8-AUwagon
Mumma's wagon

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homes
can you hit a bit of grammar/punctuation please...this block of words made my head spin...but i think you must be a real cool chick - all car chicks are cool aren't they?
Sorry .... it's something to do with the programming on this new computer (which has to be re-programmed). When I post on a forum, although I put it into separate paragraphs, once I hit "submit", my computer lumps it all into 1 paragraph for some strange reason!! And I can't use the "smilies" in my text either, otherwise there'd be a "banging head" smilie inserted here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty
Not to be picky, but if it has the 220kw version of the V8, how is the series one XR front off the engine donor's car? Or have I missed a vital piece of info along the line somewhere??
When Ford's records come up & say this engine no. is the 220kW Tickford version, then it is. And the donor car was it's original home from factory, so there you go!
XR8-AUwagon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2008, 09:51 AM   #37
The Mighty Red

hey great wagon, looks very original with the XR front and the big chrome wheels , It might not be my wheel of choice but they do set the car apart from any other out there.....Welcome to the forums
Old 10-02-2008, 09:59 PM   #38
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Did I spot this car going inbound on the Centenary Highway or Ipswich Motorway today? If so, looked the goods.

Oo\===/oO
Old 10-02-2008, 11:04 PM   #39
XR8-AUwagon
Mumma's wagon

That'd be us - we were going both ways. Towards Ipswich just after lunch, and back towards Toowong late afternoon. Thanks!!! :

What were you in?
Old 11-02-2008, 10:00 AM   #40
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Just a dodgy late model Forester, nothing special. I did wave though!

Oo\===/oO
Old 11-02-2008, 10:01 AM   #41
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty
Not to be picky, but if it has the 220kw version of the V8, how is the series one XR front off the engine donor's car? Or have I missed a vital piece of info along the line somewhere?
Peuty - good pick up. If they are off the same car, and it was earlier than a 2001 model, then it will at best be a 200kw motor, but in all probability, it would be a 185kw model.

However, if it is a later model (2001+) and if the original owner had smashed the front bar (or maybe preferred the series 1 bar over the series 2/3), then maybe it was replaced with a series 1 bar? I think this may be the case because of this:

Quote:
Yep the front was from the donor car and seeing as it was a very close colour match & didn't cost us any more coin, we thought it the best option.
Narooma is close to galaxy and was a later model colour (galaxy was series 1 only).

Either way, it's an XR8 motor in a wagon - probably the only one in Australia, so it's pretty special.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2008, 07:46 PM   #42
xrford
WAGONE

Just looking at that xr wagon there and was wondering how hard, or if i would even be able to put a series 2 xr front bar on my series 2 au wagon.
Do i need a new bonnet and whats the deal with lights, wiring loom and brackets?
any help appreciated.
xrford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2008, 10:15 PM   #43
XR8-AUwagon
Mumma's wagon

as far as i know all xr had a series 1 style bonnet. you need lights and the whole mounting brackets. bumper you will need white bumper supports that fit behind bumper to clear xr headlights. guards will fit but u need a bracket that mounts in behind the guard to support the bumper . the guards have the holes for this but with no threads in them so you will need nutserts installed most bolt shops should know about them. they charged me 10 dollars .depending on what bonnet you use you have to use the matching bonnet catch.with the wiring for the lights our series 3 had a plug in harness but we used a series 1 front front which was wired into the harness so we changed the whole front harness because we had it there any good auto sparky should have no trouble wiring the lights in. you will probably need to drill a couple of holes in top of radiator support panel to mount the headlights.i think thats it if you need any more info just let us know. Robbie
Old 09-06-2008, 04:56 PM   #44
XR8-AUwagon
Mumma's wagon

Well after all that work making the AU wagon into an XR8 AU wagon .... guess what??? A Chrysler 300C decided to turn left anytime WITHOUT care straight into the back (driver's side) of my wagon while we were stationary waiting for a gap in the traffic!!! : : :

I had both babies in the car, they screamed a lot but we all seem ok.

It's twisted the sub-frame, all the floor in the boot is bent up like a banana, there's a crease across the roof above the driver's side back door, both driver's side doors don't open and close properly, the tow bar is bent under and up, my lovely 2" exhaust is crumpled back to the rear seat (so probably the extractors, etc. have weak spots / cracks now too), my pram was in the boot and got bent up as well. Plus the normal external damage .... tailgate crumpled, rear bumper half hanging off, rear 1/4 crumpled up and tail-light shattered.

So, yeah, now all the drama of claiming through insurance - although we are insured with Shannons so it should be fairly straight forward.

Just thought I'd let you all know. If they write the car off, we'll probably be wrecking it off rather than just letting them have it, so I'll be having lots of parts up for sale. Should know by the end of the week.

Hope everyone else's cars are going well!
Old 09-06-2008, 05:54 PM   #45
fipcee
not so stock

Bad news their Mumma, however good news that you and bubbies are OK. Good luck with the insurance claim, would be a pity after all the work to have to write the car off. Regards, fipcee
Liquid silver AUIII XR6, BA scuff plates with Tickford inserts, proudly displaying AU falcon.com stickers, lowered, K&N panel filter with wide mouth snorkle, 2 1/2 exhaust and hi flo cat, Illusion mags, slotted and drilled rotors.
Next mods: extractors
fipcee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2008, 10:43 PM   #46
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Glad to hear that you and the bubbies are okay. Sorry about the car.

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2008, 04:48 PM   #47
chubbz80
chubbz80

Quote:
Photos of my AU XR8 wagon. Still needs to be lowered more. Yes, she is fully XR8, not just a nose cone.
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...4/IMG_0451.jpg

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...4/IMG_0447.jpg

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...4/IMG_0452.jpg

Sorry, could only do them through photo bucket as I didn't know how to get the files smaller to just add as attachments. I am blonde after all!! LOL
nice wagon very smooth rims suit it too a tee
chubbz80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2008, 04:59 PM   #48
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Very sorry to see Mumma and thankfully the family is intact more importantly.

Now with the insurance $$ and repair get rid of the satelite dish's for wheels and get some other tuff design, we all have our opinions and no it doesn't have to be Ford OE type of wheel.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2008, 06:43 PM   #49
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedriver
Now with the insurance $$ and repair get rid of the satelite dish's for wheels.
For sure!
Quote:
and get some other tuff design,
Agreed!
Quote:
we all have our opinions
Agreed!
Quote:
and no it doesn't have to be Ford OE type of wheel.
Ah no! Ford OE FTW!

LOL!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2008, 04:04 PM   #50
Black XR
Narooma blue XR8 ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOODYS_XR8
sorry to change the topic on the thread ,but has any onr seen pics of a purple au wagon made into a ute with the xr front and ford embossed tailgate if not ill tryn get some pics this week if it in the drive way around the corner
Saw it at westfields on weekend snapped a couple of pics of it on my mob will post them soon. Looked good apart from the dreadful color.
Black XR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2008, 11:31 PM   #51
XR8-AUwagon
Mumma's wagon

Default Wrecking off complete AU XR8 wagon

Quote:
Well after all that work making the AU wagon into an XR8 AU wagon .... guess what??? A Chrysler 300C decided to turn left anytime WITHOUT care straight into the back (driver's side) of my wagon while we were stationary waiting for a gap in the traffic!!! : : :

I had both babies in the car, they screamed a lot but we all seem ok.

It's twisted the sub-frame, all the floor in the boot is bent up like a banana, there's a crease across the roof above the driver's side back door, both driver's side doors don't open and close properly, the tow bar is bent under and up, my lovely 2" exhaust is crumpled back to the rear seat (so probably the extractors, etc. have weak spots / cracks now too), my pram was in the boot and got bent up as well. Plus the normal external damage .... tailgate crumpled, rear bumper half hanging off, rear 1/4 crumpled up and tail-light shattered.

So, yeah, now all the drama of claiming through insurance - although we are insured with Shannons so it should be fairly straight forward.

Just thought I'd let you all know. If they write the car off, we'll probably be wrecking it off rather than just letting them have it, so I'll be having lots of parts up for sale. Should know by the end of the week.

Hope everyone else's cars are going well!
Here's a link to the parts & prices list ....

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11224867

Thanks for everyone's thoughts & comments.

Looks like I'm converting to 4WD - we've put a deposit on a 2006 Ford Territory SY turbo. Be a bit different!!
Old 22-06-2008, 01:57 PM   #52
XR8-AUwagon
Mumma's wagon

Talking Complete car sold now

We've sold the complete wrecked car to a couple of guys who are going to share the parts, etc.

Thanks everyone for your interest in parts. I've tried to PM everyone, but sorry if I missed anyone.
Old 22-06-2008, 03:58 PM   #53
Chamelion
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oh bugger, no worries.
Chamelion is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post