Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-06-2008, 01:56 PM   #1
WindsorXR
FGII XR6, Focus Sport, XR

Default Whats wrong with going around the block?

Hi all
Just wondering why so many people don't give a poo about other road users. Any stories welcome.

What bought this on?? Well I was just driving through the main street of Geelong before, traffic was going slow and i was just moving in traffic behind a car when to my right an old doctor looking type in a BMW decides that he couldn't be bothered going around the block and thinks that he can just barge in and have everyone stop for him to do a U-turn. I had to stop or I would have had him run into me. I thought this was very rude and stuck up.So I gave the mighty Boss260 a rev to let him know I wasn't to pleased with it and my grlfriend also reached across and beeped my horn. Wasn't happy and hopefully he won't do anything like that to anyone again coz it's just down right arrogant.

Any thoughts or stories welcome

Cheers!

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

BA XR8 Build Thread (SOLD)
1966 XR Falcon Build Thread
WindsorXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2008, 02:02 PM   #2
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

BMW = nuff said
Old 25-06-2008, 02:16 PM   #3
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

oh please, its not because he drives a beemer..

Its because he's a selfish idiot.. theres alot of them if you haven't noticed yet
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2008, 02:28 PM   #4
Bobman
Regulator

Idiots drive Fords too, plenty of them in fact.

Yeah, I tend to hate when people's impatience gets the better of them. You're lucky you live in a small town that is G'town, compared to the madness of Melbourne's city streets ;)

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Bobman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2008, 05:50 PM   #5
troppo
Mr old phart

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Well....there's all that extra unnneccessary distance for a start, plus the inconvenience of having to indicate and turn the wheel 3, yes 3 times....not to mention the time it takes what with giving way and all, and we all know how much more important my time is compared to yours....

BA GT-P Blueprint
troppo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2008, 06:14 PM   #6
Mark s
1.3 Litre Suzuki power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev

Its because he's a selfish idiot.. theres alot of them if you haven't noticed yet
Agreed buddy, It's the old Jack attitude.

People put the blinkers on when they hop into a car and forget about everything except themselves.

It's Ford, Holden, Mazda, BMW, etc

It amazing how many people talk about courtesy on the road; it's amazing on how many people forget about it.

EF 4lt 1995 in Green on LPG. To and from work hack.

XY Fairmont 1971 in Bronze Wine, 302, Top Loader, 9" Still trying to find out if she is a GS or plain jane Monty.

Mustang 1966 coupe, Silver frost, A code, C4, factory bench seat, A/C, P/S rally pac, AM radio with 8 track. Awaiting funds for resto.

K6 Hayabusa....Dead Stock and why would one need to spend thousands on mods.................
Mark s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2008, 06:26 PM   #7
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I always practice curtious driving on road, like stopping to let people cross near roundabouts holding up traffic for a few seconds which often gets up the goat of elderly drivers(half the population in the Bay are retired)i also let people into my lane when i see them being blocked off from side streets in town where the other drivers tend to shut the gap when they have to stop in another 100 feet or so anyway,bloody rude i reckon. i always hope when the people i do this for are driving they will return the favour to others,hence we all get along better, The thing that makes me irate is when you let someone in who is obviously been waiting for a while ,and they dont wave or smile thanks.well not really irate more dissapointed
OLDFORDNUT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2008, 07:04 PM   #8
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Because everybody thinks that they own the road, it's ARROGANCE. Plain and simple.

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2008, 07:16 PM   #9
sk8xr8
sliding by you...

hmmmm, not defending idiots or anything, but i dont give a damn about a kid doing burnouts on a back road in idaho, but the police would take his car 4 that, then this poor bloke goin for a drive with his girl gets chopped by sum old dude in a bmw in heavy traffic?!? whats more dangerous guys?? the kid, or the old dude?? food for thought!!!

Last edited by Falcon Coupe; 25-06-2008 at 07:41 PM. Reason: swear filter is for a reason
sk8xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2008, 07:26 PM   #10
FPVF6X201
Formerly FPVwannabe

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Slotted front rotors for the TTG write-up and pics. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsMyUserName
Hi all
Just wondering why so many people don't give a poo about other road users. Any stories welcome.

What bought this on?? Well I was just driving through the main street of Geelong before, traffic was going slow and i was just moving in traffic behind a car when to my right an old doctor looking type in a BMW decides that he couldn't be bothered going around the block and thinks that he can just barge in and have everyone stop for him to do a U-turn. I had to stop or I would have had him run into me. I thought this was very rude and stuck up.So I gave the mighty Boss260 a rev to let him know I wasn't to pleased with it and my grlfriend also reached across and beeped my horn. Wasn't happy and hopefully he won't do anything like that to anyone again coz it's just down right arrogant.

Any thoughts or stories welcome

Cheers!

Wish mine would

Borla ATAK axle back exhaust.
Hawk ceramic brake pads.
CLStech Ribbon DRL mod.
X Lume illuminated grille badge.
Injen CAI.
FPVF6X201 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2008, 07:33 PM   #11
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev

Yes there are lots n lots of them on the road! thats for sure!
Old 25-06-2008, 07:39 PM   #12
Falcon_Crazy
PX3 WildTrak & RTV

Its tailgaters and right lane hoggers who speed up the moment you jump into the left lane to pass them...F3 is full of em
BA Falcon RTV - Project Ute 265,000km
Sold PXII Ranger XLT Cool White. 105,000
Sold PX Ranger XLT in cool white, 151,700km on clock.
Sold FGII XR6T Ute LTD Edition in Kinetic.
Sold FG XR6 Ute
Sold BA Falcon RTV. 251,300km.Was a great mate for last 7 years

Sold AUII XLS Ute
Sold '85 XF & Crashed 84 XF
Falcon_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2008, 07:55 PM   #13
rodderz

I hate the ones that want a park right outside the shop they want to go to, so they sit half on the road waiting for someone to come out and drive off....to lazy to walk an extra 20m so they can get closer to the shop
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2008, 07:57 PM   #14
xr8 utey
FORD DRIVERS WANTED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVwannabe
Wish mine would
Old 25-06-2008, 09:07 PM   #15
DeansXR8

jeez all those thing get on my nerve, i try and be courteous as much as i can.

But the amount of people who are in the wrong lane and prop middle of the road stopping everyone behind them until they can get into the lane they want.
The ones who..like rodderz said see where they want to shop and sit until the perfect spot becomes available causing huge ques behind them.
The right hand lane hoggers who, as said above as well, soon as you change lanes to pass them..so as not to inconvienience them little darlings, realise their driving to slow and then speed up.

I sure there is stacks more, but too them drivers, please pay attention you dumb asses.
DeansXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2008, 09:07 PM   #16
WindsorXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholas
I always practice curtious driving on road, like stopping to let people cross near roundabouts holding up traffic for a few seconds which often gets up the goat of elderly drivers(half the population in the Bay are retired)i also let people into my lane when i see them being blocked off from side streets in town where the other drivers tend to shut the gap when they have to stop in another 100 feet or so anyway,bloody rude i reckon. i always hope when the people i do this for are driving they will return the favour to others,hence we all get along better, The thing that makes me irate is when you let someone in who is obviously been waiting for a while ,and they dont wave or smile thanks.well not really irate more dissapointed

I agree! I let people in when I can and I'd say that I'm pretty curtious on the roads to other drivers. Its just getting a bit annoying when you do it so often and nearly get taken out by everyone else that doesn't.
I live down a road that gets a lot of people waiting for others coz of parked cars and I to get really annoyed at the ones that you let in and they just drive on past and don't acknowledge it.

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

Old 25-06-2008, 09:09 PM   #17
WindsorXR

I think it comes down to Everyone is in to much of a hurry these days!!!

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

Old 25-06-2008, 09:21 PM   #18
Booka
OzECruisers FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsMyUserName
I think it comes down to Everyone is in to much of a hurry these days!!!

off topic a little, but did this happen a few days ago??? i think i was sitting behind you by about 3 cars, dont ya hate people like that???? annoy's the absolut sh!t out of me.

Cheers

EB II GLi, AU 4lt and auto conversion :evil3: , 17" mags, Tub's on the way, Sound system, Tinted windows, Lowered.
Booka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2008, 11:11 PM   #19
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Driving a company car with logo on makes you VERY conscious ...
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2008, 11:13 PM   #20
BA-XT
2003 BA Falcon XT

I used to work as a courier driver, so I've seen just about everything!! My daily driver at the moment is an old diesel Landcruiser - so I get to see everything at snails pace!! People always push in, cut me off and tailgate me (even though I'm in the left lane!!)

Eventually, you give up and don't get angry. I sat back in the Ford today and stuck to the middle lane. After all of the pushing in this guy was doing, he ended up behind me missing the lights. I find it's best to stay in the middle lane.

The best thing I've seen was a new BA Fairmont taking off too quick at the lights, losing grip, sliding in font of my TNT van (backwards), over the medium strip and ending in the right had turning lane on the opposite side of the road.....

Sorry, but young males with loud music are the worst. Young females aren't far behind. I've found women tend to just "bump" into things, and cause minimal damage

IMPCO LPG Vapour Injection.

DETAILING
Meguiar's NXT Car Wash
Collonite #845 Insulator Wax
Bowden's Own Happy Ending & Fully Slick
Chemtech CT-18 Truck Wash (Wheels & Chassis)
Bowden's Own Wheely Clean & Tyre Sheen
Bowden's Own Three Way Paint Decontamination Spray

OILS AND FILTERS
Nulon Full Synthetic 10w-40
Nulon Long Life Coolant
Ryco Oil & Air Filters

My Instagram Account: @ba_falcon2003
BA-XT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2008, 11:26 PM   #21
Krytox
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I wish i could 'bump' into young females and receive minimal damage :/
Old 26-06-2008, 12:06 AM   #22
WindsorXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booka
off topic a little, but did this happen a few days ago??? i think i was sitting behind you by about 3 cars, dont ya hate people like that???? annoy's the absolut sh!t out of me.

Cheers

Nah, It happened just today. I think it could be a reoccuring thing in Geelong?

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

Old 26-06-2008, 12:16 AM   #23
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I try an avoid the centre of geelong as much as i can . Some serios planning needs to done to fix that mess. Also i never noticed how many bad drivers or half asleep drivers there actually are till im on my motorbike. All most every time i ride it im put in danger for somthing stupid .
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2008, 12:58 AM   #24
Jayden
Graphic Artist

Just a little while ago I was doing the 60k limit on a two way non-overtaking street and a little old suzuki/diahatsu or whatever hammered past me at top speed (~65) only to then hold me up for the next 5 mins.

But it was funny, you know small car syndrome and all . :
Old 26-06-2008, 08:55 AM   #25
dan.76
always reading posts

once i had a volvo tailgating badly and trying to get past on a one lane road , my workmate and i were deciding whether to slow right down and them off but decided to just keep on as we were. after a km or so they got around us and sped away, we found out later it was the local doctor going to a car smash so after that ive decided that the best way is to let the tools past, you never know why they are in a hurry
dan.76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2008, 09:49 AM   #26
troppo
Mr old phart

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan.76
my workmate and i were deciding whether to slow right down and them off
I'm sorry for the rant, but the fact you even considered that behaviour is one of the things that is wrong with the world today. No real reason to do it...just shits and giggles hey? Tailgating got a mention but it wasn't really tailgating, was it? It was a doctor in hurry just trying to get past on his way to an accident. This is why I can't stand people who complain about tailgaters...most of the time it it's just someone trying to get past and it's not your job to hinder or question why...leave that to the police.

BA GT-P Blueprint
troppo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2008, 10:03 AM   #27
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

probably a completely different sort of thing but last night was driving over to nerang on hinkler driver, some idiot in a ute, with what looked to be a jims mowing trailer (was dark so couldn't tell) was parked in the middle of the lane, this was just on the otherside of a hill so it was a blind spot, and his trailer was kinked towards the road, almost rear ended him at 60kph. That was a crash waiting to happen, there were no reflectors on the trailer either so you couldn't see it till you were right on top of it.

Some people hey...
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2008, 10:12 AM   #28
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was driving along an rather the freeway the other day and was considering myself fairly lucky because it there was very little traffic, anyway I was in the left lane, and I noticed a girl trying to merge so I indicated and moved to the right lane to let her in - she merged but straight into the right lane, forcing me to slam on the brakes - I couldnt beleive it.

But anyway I think people just couldnt be stuffed anymore (sad really) and they dont care if they cut you off or what they do, as long as they get to their destination thats all that matters

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
SB076 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2008, 10:50 AM   #29
xbgs351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappy84
I try an avoid the centre of geelong as much as i can . Some serios planning needs to done to fix that mess. Also i never noticed how many bad drivers or half asleep drivers there actually are till im on my motorbike. All most every time i ride it im put in danger for somthing stupid .
It is the planning that created the mess.
xbgs351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2008, 10:52 AM   #30
xbgs351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan.76
once i had a volvo tailgating badly and trying to get past on a one lane road , my workmate and i were deciding whether to slow right down and them off but decided to just keep on as we were. after a km or so they got around us and sped away, we found out later it was the local doctor going to a car smash so after that ive decided that the best way is to let the tools past, you never know why they are in a hurry
So a doctor trying to save someones life is a tool?
xbgs351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post