Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 06-07-2008, 12:12 AM   #31
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My youngest learnt to type his name on one of those Amstrad doovies :P

He was 3 at the time ...................

Wowwwww that takes me back ....... damn those tape drives ..........

There was a game mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm something island???? had to go find the treasure ......never quiet figured it out ..... was fun trying though.
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2008, 03:02 AM   #32
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

10 print "These computers suck !";$
20 goto10

Ready.
Run

These computers suck !
These computers suck !
These computers suck !
These computers suck !
These computers suck !
etc etc etc ...hehehe , gee i still seem to remember the old C-64 basic language, I don't know whether to be ashamed or proud of it ..lol.

I used to have my fun going into Myers as a kid etc and putting programs like these on the display pc's ..lol

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2008, 03:19 AM   #33
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

*wipes tear from eye

Oh my, the memories....

C64 with tape drive and 5 1/4 FTW!

Jumpman was one of my all time fav games.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPCiuDooDI0
2005 BF GT (6sp manual - Build #183)
2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
probably the stupidist post on aff - congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
There was once a time when every young man in this country was familiar with firearms and many owned them privately along with a stock of ammo and some bush gear.

Now the best we can hope for is to unfriend them on facebook then SMS their commanders with !!!1!!!!!!11!1!! and then finally plank a tank.......
DJL351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2008, 03:31 AM   #34
XA_GT351
Supreme Machine!

The amiga was just a superb machine in its day, i still got drawers full of games, many have the floppy drive errors though :S

streetrod was my favorite, sr2, was way too hard for me
testdrive, Bubble Bobble, alone in the dark, leasure suit larry etc, they were the best, i've never touched it since the psx came out.

Atari 2600
commodore64
amiga 500
sega mastersystem
super nintendo
playstation
sega dreamcast
xbox
nintendo gamecube
xbox360

1960 FB Holden Wagon, Yellow, 192, 4spd,

My XA Build-Up
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...&page=10&pp=25

Last edited by XA_GT351; 06-07-2008 at 03:45 AM.
XA_GT351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2008, 03:40 AM   #35
StAndArdAU
Back in a Blue Oval

Ghouls 'n Goblins was another favourite. I got pretty good at that. and some BMX racing game too.
Old 06-07-2008, 03:49 AM   #36
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Yep the Amiga was an awesome old pc. About 2 years ago i threw out about 4500 to 5000 floppy disks ( full of games and various utilities ), about 300 aminet cd's, an Amiga 1200 fully worked with 3 internal harddrives and latest workebench and memory expansions, cd-rom (dvd-fmv) drive, capture card - basicaly over the years of the collection was thousands worth of dollars of gear ( my oldman bought alot of it back in the day too ) .
It ended up retired sitting in the top of my cuboard in Noble Park for years. I held onto this pc and all the gear for over 8 years after not using it anymore but i couldn't part with it. Eventualy when i moved house i decided to offer it for free, i had it in the trading post offered for free to a good appreciated home for it , no-one called, 6 months later i threw the lot down the tip when clearing out everything to move.
And to think alone that even just the hardrives in it back then , tiny now but huge back then , they were 30megabyte !!!!! harddrives and they costed around $360 each back then ... Gee the money i have spent on pc's over the years :(.

Old 06-07-2008, 03:51 AM   #37
XA_GT351
Supreme Machine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StAndArdAU
Ghouls 'n Goblins was another favourite. I got pretty good at that. and some BMX racing game too.

lol Ghouls 'n Ghosts was awsome, i still remeber that repetitive tune in my head. Rick Dangerous was another good one..

1960 FB Holden Wagon, Yellow, 192, 4spd,

My XA Build-Up
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...&page=10&pp=25
XA_GT351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2008, 12:23 PM   #38
JMO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6-VCT-2000
Yep the Amiga was an awesome old pc. About 2 years ago i threw out about 4500 to 5000 floppy disks ( full of games and various utilities ), about 300 aminet cd's, an Amiga 1200 fully worked with 3 internal harddrives and latest workebench and memory expansions, cd-rom (dvd-fmv) drive, capture card - basicaly over the years of the collection was thousands worth of dollars of gear ( my oldman bought alot of it back in the day too ) .
It ended up retired sitting in the top of my cuboard in Noble Park for years. I held onto this pc and all the gear for over 8 years after not using it anymore but i couldn't part with it. Eventualy when i moved house i decided to offer it for free, i had it in the trading post offered for free to a good appreciated home for it , no-one called, 6 months later i threw the lot down the tip when clearing out everything to move.
And to think alone that even just the hardrives in it back then , tiny now but huge back then , they were 30megabyte !!!!! harddrives and they costed around $360 each back then ... Gee the money i have spent on pc's over the years :(.

If only I'd known : why.......oh why!!! Some one think of the penguins!!! :P

Seriously though I would have loved the chance to play around with a classic system like that.
JMO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2008, 10:32 PM   #39
trick_xd
I build your wish list...

WoW
and to think back at my mum&dads I still have the old Vic20 and it still works as well.

Do you guys remember the old "Tempest" game , my kids play that now when they go there , has the rifle and scope for the shooting the square game and the paddles for the other games
trick_xd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2008, 10:36 PM   #40
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMO
If only I'd known : why.......oh why!!! Some one think of the penguins!!! :P

Seriously though I would have loved the chance to play around with a classic system like that.
There are very good working Amiga emulators and libraries of software available for download. You can still play with a classic system using your own system today. Google is your friend.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2008, 01:22 AM   #41
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
There are very good working Amiga emulators and libraries of software available for download. You can still play with a classic system using your own system today. Google is your friend.
Anyone into emulators and who likes the old original table games ( pacman, donkeykong, pongo, etc etc), download the MAME emulator, thousands of games for it for free and are all the original roms from the old original games.
Hours of fun.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:31 AM   #42
BFYOOT

what about california games? dominated the hackey sack!!! bonus points for hitting the seagulls...........love it!! and world games with the bull riding etc
BFYOOT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2008, 10:48 AM   #43
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFYOOT
what about california games? dominated the hackey sack!!! bonus points for hitting the seagulls...........love it!!
Ahhhhhh yeah. Good times were had with California Games.

I think I started out on an Atari but somewhere along the line I had a Commodore 64.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:53 AM   #44
recoil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here is my Amstrad CPC464, with tape games. My biggest disappointment with it is i only have the green tube monitor, and not the colour one. They also made an adaptor module that allowed you to connect it to a normal colour TV, but i haven't been able to find one yet.
I have a rather large collection of old game systems and games, but my favourite is the Atari. I probably have around 10 of these consoles, and hundreds of games, both boxed and loose.

recoil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2008, 11:59 AM   #45
tetgreg888

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesk

this is the baby i started my gaming on
tape drive FTW

fave game was called gauntlet had had to do one whole side tape to begin the at various points more of the second
FRIG ME SWINGING I remember that. also had a Atari as stated by GK.
tetgreg888 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2008, 11:41 AM   #46
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok, ill try to merge this topic back together from computers back to movies..

Anyone remember the movie Malcom? The Australian movie (cant remember the story line) where the guy puts a basket on his RC car and drives it to the shops to get his milk, he has a model train that goes out to his letter box and he made that car which splits in half. Anyone remember that movie?
Im on holidays from work right now.. might get it out today.

Click here to see my ute
fordOwner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2008, 01:40 PM   #47
troppo
Mr old phart

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I was a bit of a snob back in the 80's...had an Apple IIe with a whopping 64k of memory (pre commodore 64) with twin floppies. In those days, a floppy disk was the 5 1/4" disk that was actually flexible and a hard disk was the 3 1/2" that is now called a floppy, go figure. Wizardry, Zork and Eamon's adventures were my games of choice.

Back on topic, The Wizard was loosely based on a pommie movie called Tommy which featured The Who doing the song pinball wizard.

BA GT-P Blueprint
troppo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2008, 01:41 PM   #48
tetgreg888

Yes then some other guy gets him to help rob a bank, Haven`t seen that one for years
tetgreg888 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post