Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 01:04 PM   #31
GTP370
2005 BA II GTP

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Excellent breakdown of costs associated with importing a pre-89 car from the U.S.  Very helpful to others and at least two other guys will use the provided info to make their dreams reality.. 

A few month's back I saw a XR6 turbo cop with a p plate pull over some poor block.

I think these tacktics are poor form.
Old 11-07-2008, 01:26 PM   #32
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP370
A few month's back I saw a XR6 turbo cop with a p plate pull over some poor block.

I think these tacktics are poor form.
That is SERIOUSLY low.
Old 11-07-2008, 01:29 PM   #33
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynch'd
Guys, just thought i'd share my experiences this morning as it might serve as a warning to anyone in Sydneys western suburbs (or anywhere for that matter).

Driving west along the M4 this morning as I do every day I noticed a F6 come flying up behind me. As he got close he pulled out into the right lane as if to overtake but instead pulled up along side my window. The guy in the front (plain clothed) then turns and gives me a look as if he wanted to race and rev'd it a few times (we're doing 100k's already). He then plants his foot an takes off to see if i'd chase.

Now thankfully a number of things stopped me from doing something real stupid here. 1. I've got a basically stock XR6 ute and wouldn't have stood a chance. 2. I know there's two F6 unmarked cop cars operating regularly on the M4. Oh and 3, i would never involve myself in such illegal practices :evil3: :evil3:

Anyway, as he took off I quickly noticed the lights sitting on the rear parcel shelf and left him to go on his way. :

I was a little surprised by the use of this tactic though. I bet he catches a few rev heads unaware. Consider yourself warned.

there is a lot more than 2 mate ;) i work at the M4 city bound McDonalds, i have seen at least 8 different typhoons. we would regularly get at least 4 different ones in a night. usually when they all knock off and "de-breif aka talk crap for half an hour" which is what one of the highway guys told me :

i actually had the red unmarked VE SS try and bait me last night just past the M7 heading west. i was going a touch over the limit and he was coming up behind me, backing off, coming up behind, backing off, then next to me in the fast lane doing the same, i slowed and let him go. too bad i know that car as well because i see it at work all the time, and he nearly nabbed me once at the M7 interchange : there is also another white VZ SS with AL-**-** yellow number plates. i cant remember what the astericks are but he comes out west sometimes too.

Last edited by HLC; 11-07-2008 at 01:34 PM.
Old 11-07-2008, 01:39 PM   #34
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ea90gl
Another pathetic attempt to catch out the "hoons", what just cause you want to give your car a small squirt you are all of a sudden the Satan of the road? And the most annoying part would be asking the cop why its ok for him to speed and accelerate hard then for him to turn around and say "its ok cause I have the gay badge on". And for the people that say/are wanting to say ignore it and drive sensible, the ones who have never ever ever broken a road rule : give it a rest please. Driving in this countries cities is becoming so much of a joke with all the laws and fines, the police are quick becoming the dictators of the road when they should be channeling more of thier efforts into finding crims, druglords etc etc - oh thats right, where would the money come from doing that?
Giving your car a small squirt is completely different to road racing. There's a time and a place for pitting your car against another on a strip of tarmac and public roads ain't it.

Did the cop force the other driver to race against them?

So they should be finding druglords. I suppose you're therefore against police posing as drug addicts looking to purchase drugs...?
Old 11-07-2008, 01:40 PM   #35
hypnodoc
Its All In Your Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_Axe
For crying out loud.

THERE IS NO ENTRAPMENT LAW IN AUSTRALIA.

Numerous threads I've read here about this and everyone cries entrapment. Ask XA Coupe or Redrum... it doesn't exist.

We are not America... ;)
Well that just proves these clowns are low life grubs who should be out doing real police work instead of driving around in tax payer funded cars deceiving motorists.
Sure if your speeding and they get you then fair enough. I think this is a good justification as to why there should be entrapment laws :togo:
No wonder the NSW HWP has gotten a reputation as Jury Wreckers. What a farce and a joke

Xtreme Tuned: 375 RwKw (502 RwHp) & 820 Nm:
Whhooooooosssssssshhhhhh
HSV HUNTER !!!!!!!!!!!!!

BA Phoons 013 and 333 Gone
Old 11-07-2008, 01:50 PM   #36
Meg's GT's
1 is good but 2 is better

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
i actually had the red unmarked VE SS try and bait me last night just past the M7 heading west. i was going a touch over the limit and he was coming up behind me, backing off, coming up behind, backing off, then next to me in the fast lane doing the same, i slowed and let him go.
Same car, same tactics happened to me on Christmas Day last year on the M4. Heading east, we were on our way out for lunch.
I didn't bite.
Old 11-07-2008, 01:55 PM   #37
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtBourne
exactly! no matter what the crime is, there is always seamen EVERYWHERE
I've watched that show and I've never seen any sailors. Perhaps you were watching Lisa Macune in Sea Patrol.

Now, if you mean semen, then I would know what you are talking about.
Old 11-07-2008, 01:55 PM   #38
JG66ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Great tech articles and assistance to all in the Classics arena. 

Just take the cop cars rego number and report him on the dob in a hoon line. Tell them he scared you to death, you were in fear of your life and he could kill somome. Ask if the intend doing anything about it?
Old 11-07-2008, 01:58 PM   #39
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

Quote:
Originally Posted by james22
Trust you to be thinking about food :
:
Old 11-07-2008, 02:00 PM   #40
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't believe it.. and on the off chance that it may happen what's wrong with just showing restraint and ignoring them....
Only stupid people get baited into breaking the law

Old 11-07-2008, 02:00 PM   #41
Lynch'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
there is a lot more than 2 mate ;) i work at the M4 city bound McDonalds, i have seen at least 8 different typhoons. we would regularly get at least 4 different ones in a night. usually when they all knock off and "de-breif aka talk crap for half an hour" which is what one of the highway guys told me :

i actually had the red unmarked VE SS try and bait me last night just past the M7 heading west. i was going a touch over the limit and he was coming up behind me, backing off, coming up behind, backing off, then next to me in the fast lane doing the same, i slowed and let him go. too bad i know that car as well because i see it at work all the time, and he nearly nabbed me once at the M7 interchange : there is also another white VZ SS with AL-**-** yellow number plates. i cant remember what the astericks are but he comes out west sometimes too.
8 different police typhoons...S@*#! I've only noticed the blue and the green ones on the M4 and I know there's a red one that operates around the St Claire/St Marys area. Shall have to drop by M4 maccas on my way home a little more often and check em out.
Old 11-07-2008, 02:38 PM   #42
XR6_190
BF XR6, oh yeah!!

Ask me if your stupid enough to be baited then you deserve whatever comes your way, It continues to amaze me how many people get Australian Law mixed up with American law, No we do not have an entrapment law, and it is the last thing we need, just another way for crims to get off and go free.

I'm not saying I've never broken the Law on the road, but if I get a Speeding ticket (and has happened) I'm not going to blame the Police for issuing it, it's only their job. As for the people who say they should be catching real criminals, last I looked Highway Patrol are there to deal with traffic matters, there are other sections of Law enforcement that are asigned to drug dealers etc.
Old 11-07-2008, 02:58 PM   #43
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Meh

just to let people im around!
Old 11-07-2008, 03:04 PM   #44
sly_ba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Down my way they try and bait you in MARKED cars!
Old 11-07-2008, 03:05 PM   #45
GSH
AU2 XR8

dikheads mates.....they say they are helping...really there just street racing them selves....CONTRADICTION

I had a car come past the other night on Whitfords Ave for you Perth guys.......Was a nice shiny black stock BA-BF sedan.....And it had huge like 19" GTP big fat 5 spokes on it what ever they are.....I thought is he trying to race me? Then i looked through the dark tint on the back and sure enough there was the lights on the back shelf....So seeing he wasnt doing the speed limit i got up to it went past and sure enough there was a blue shirt with the W.A ploice badge on it...

Another one is my friend for you Perth guys....Was on the Mitchell Freeway in his 400rwhp XR6T looks completely stock though....Just sitting on 100kph curising along...A white XR6T with jet black tint came flying up his ***....And was tailgating him something shocking when there was no one else around...My mate thought stuff this being a toool and not knowing anything....Booted it up to 145kph left it behind and then the lights came on he got pulled over.

The cop gave the speech why where you doing 145kph...My mate said "why the hell where you tail gating me like that" the cop said "what are you talking about" my mate said "you where up my *** tail gating me" cop goes "no wasnt what are you talking about" my mate said "what ever mate give me the stupid ticket" $700!!!! and 3? demerits i think.......

PERTH W.A

0406 553 226
Old 11-07-2008, 03:11 PM   #46
eXi7w0unD

i know of a new crysler 300c or whaterv the gangsta car. this thing had 22's was black and had a nuberplate on the lines of mob or sumthing. yea its an undercover cop car. has the lights in the grill, u seriously cant tell thats its a cop car.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:12 PM   #47
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Damn people whine ! Just get over it.

However................. someone said something so perfect but everyone was too busy whining to notice it ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpursuit83
Best not to race and then call the cops and dob in a hoon, driving a black F6
If this isn't the best thing you could do to give them the sh!t5 what is ?? Don't race them then dob them in.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:12 PM   #48
GSH
AU2 XR8

Oh and for you Perth guys again...

In the northen suburbs like Joondalup they drive a VS Commodore champange in colour with a huge 'Jim Beam" sticker on the back

PERTH W.A

0406 553 226
Old 11-07-2008, 03:13 PM   #49
GSH
AU2 XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA-Coupe
Damn people whine ! Just get over it.

However................. someone said something so perfect but everyone was too busy whining to notice it ..

If this isn't the best thing you could do to give them the sh!t5 what is ?? Don't race them then dob them in.
Dob them in? YEH RIGHT go to the Police and they will simply say "We dont do that. I think you are mistaken"

PERTH W.A

0406 553 226
Old 11-07-2008, 03:29 PM   #50
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSH
Dob them in? YEH RIGHT go to the Police and they will simply say "We dont do that. I think you are mistaken"
Over this way we have a "dob in a hoon line" that you can call. Don't have to go to the Police.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
Closed Thread