Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 04-09-2008, 05:09 PM   #1
macman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Dash removal... Again...

Hey guys and girls.

I have an S2 AU TE50 - with the Fairmont style 'extended' dash.

The lights behind the traction control and demister switches have packed up and i'd like to replace the bulb behind them.

Can anyone tell me how the centre surround (where the central a/c vents and CD player are) comes away?? I really don't want to break it and all the dash removal instructions I can find are for the Falcon dash centres...

I've got a pic here (sorry for the pic whoever's car it is)...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2cbf_1.JPG (14.5 KB, 104 views)
macman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2008, 05:48 PM   #2
fordon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I can tell you,where the four buttons are,the silver/blue check,that piece pop's out and switches come out with it.

..........But im pretty sure,positive,your going have to remove the radio,than pop the middle console off.
fordon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2008, 05:54 PM   #3
mattp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nope, just stick a laminated library card or a business card or something (not a screwdriver, you'll damage it) in along the top of the piece the 4 buttons are in, and find the tabs and it just pops out. It's easy, takes 30 seconds. Then just pull the switches out and you're away. Don't need to take any of the rest of the dash out at all. Good luck.
mattp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2008, 06:17 PM   #4
macman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks guys, I was scared I'd be pulling the whole caboodle out so I'm glad to hear it comes out easily!!! I'll try it tonight.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:57 PM   #5
macman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So where the hell are you supposed to get bulbs for these things???

I just tried AutoOne, JayCar, Dick Smith and Super-Cheap with no luck.

Also, what about those stupid tiny little bulbs under the power window buttons? NONE of mine work and no one had any idea where I could get those either.

Is Ford spare parts department going to still have stuff like it does anyone know?
Old 05-09-2008, 05:31 AM   #6
au2sw
Blown 5L coming

it will as im sure they use similar ones in the b series too. otherwise, they will be able to tell you where to get them from

NEW CLUB FOR SUNSHINE COAST !! www.f-p-e.proboards.com

Contact Col (au2sw) via PM or on MSN @ efmonty@hotmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
Its like central locking in your car. We've all had cars without it and we were fine then, but try and take it from me? NO WAY.
au2sw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2008, 07:14 AM   #7
Foggy

Try ripco (repco) they should have these in Navara brand as I just bought 1 for my demister switch.
Foggy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2008, 10:28 AM   #8
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

er..... that would be NARVA.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2008, 10:59 AM   #9
macman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And what about the stupid, tiny, rubbery-based bulbs under the power window switches? What the hell! I seriously didn't even KNOW they were meant to light up 'till I pulled apart a switch to clean it and found a dead bulb!
Old 05-09-2008, 12:16 PM   #10
F6 R-Spec
formerly PURSUIT-250

Ford part number for these globes in dash is
#ER 10B765 D Assembley lamp & holder

Window switches have to get something to suit.

Cheers Mick
F6 R-Spec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2008, 03:27 PM   #11
mattp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Since you're doing the LED's you won't need to worry anymore macman; they should just about outlast your car. For anyone else, the window switch bulbs apparently are only sold as a complete switch assembly from Ford. Ridiculous I know, I had 2 or 3 dead ones so did the LED conversion, if you wanted the 'stock' look still you could always just put white LED's in there, rather than red or blue as some have done. Cheers.
mattp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2008, 03:30 PM   #12
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattp
Since you're doing the LED's you won't need to worry anymore macman; they should just about outlast your car. For anyone else, the window switch bulbs apparently are only sold as a complete switch assembly from Ford. Ridiculous I know, I had 2 or 3 dead ones so did the LED conversion, if you wanted the 'stock' look still you could always just put white LED's in there, rather than red or blue as some have done. Cheers.

There also is/was a how to guide as well somewhere, it may have been uploaded to aufalcon.com

Edit: Found the link HERE