Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-09-2008, 09:52 PM   #31
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA Waggn
I think you'll find that the VE is the same body as the VZ.
I read about the VZ stopping production, and the (surplus) bodies of the VZ's, went into the new VE's.

Usually it seems that the wagon is always using a previous body shape but all that chages is the front area (hood bonnet etc etc).
Ford and Holden do it a lot.

Yes, they look the same :

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2008, 10:05 PM   #32
Trendseeker
Regular Guest

Yes they look okay for a station wagon, but they have less storage space in than previous models. There's enough room for your sports stuff (tennis racket, football) but nothing too large. I saw three the other day, all in the Suttons City Holden new car yard when I went to pick up my daughter's commodore (my old car) from the service department. The nice white trim in the one I had a close look at would be hard to keep clean. And I'll bet they still provide a free sponge with every new commodore. It's stored under the brake pedal. Ah, the usual suspects have arrived!
Trendseeker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2008, 10:05 PM   #33
Spanrz
Hmmmmmmm!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6_190
Mate, You are way off
I was quoting a paper article that was published in the Herald Sun just before the VE's (wagons) came out.
The guy that wrote the article must of been misinformed as well.

That was the first thing I wanted to know about the new wagons, was it using the VZ body or not. I know its a fair bit shorter than the VZ (VE sedan base maybe?)

And I just remember this guy quoting this particular statement.
Spanrz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2008, 10:45 PM   #34
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Commodore wagons have looked better thank falcon wagons since the VT and AU i reckon.
Come to think of it.. the 2008 BFIII wagon looks pretty much the same as a 1998 AU wagon apart from the front. Perhaps thats why the sales are pitiful...?

The VE sportwagon is classy and modern. Helen Keller would buy one over a falcon wagon..
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2008, 12:39 AM   #35
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

The VE Sportswagon is the best looking car in the VE Range and would be the only model I would buy, even a few Die hard commodore mates have mentioned the same thing.
Airmon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2008, 03:20 AM   #36
JADED6
V8 Ghia & BF2 XR6 + Wagon

Omega spec looks ordinary but the higher spec models look brilliant. Much better than the sedan.

In an article I read the other day, the forthcomng Territory re-shape (2010?) will take hints from the FG. Photoshop gurus should get stuck into that asap.
JADED6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2008, 03:42 AM   #37
Dragoneletra
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecrain
Has Holden marketing department won again?
Only with the front half of the car, I got stuck behind one the other day and was looking at the rear door and nearly crashed due to laughter, it looks ridiculous.

Jc

BFIII wagon, hoovered, scooped and dropped. Water/meth injected..
Getting the shopping done.....FAST
Build thread:
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11307332

'69 XW Fairmont
bombed 351 cleveland
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11244411

The reason I'll end up divorced
XE FALCON HEARSE build.
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11452342
Dragoneletra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2008, 03:55 AM   #38
BFZ Wagon
Formerly All Wheel Drive

I've been noticing quite a lot of SportWagon's on the Gold Coast & in Brisbane. I saw one towing a trailer the other day so obviously lawn mowing people etc. are buying them. I'm also noticing quite a few as rep vehicles already. I guess they can choose a certain spec for their needs. I know someone who would only ever have a Berlina wagon as a company car up until the end of the VZ. Ford killed their higher-spec wagons off years ago.
It is unfortunate that Ford only has 1 type of Falcon wagon now with the BFIII but at least it's still out there and being bought.

The positive spin on all this is... Ok.. people are buying a Holden.. but at least they're buying an Aussie built car.

End of rant. ;)
Old 11-09-2008, 07:36 PM   #39
lowriding
interloper

nothing to do with the vz wagon , the difference is this time it's built on the SWB platform ,previously built on the LWB . This is the reason for the shorter cargo area but also for the more athletic drive / look . They look great imo , even in pov form they are quite smart compared to the competition.
lowriding is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2008, 08:32 PM   #40
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

The new commodore wagon is a useless workers car.The back boot is half the size of the au ba ford wagons. Apart from a big v8 those cars are nowhere. Ford on the other hand should have had a turbo charged wagon. What are they waiting for? How much longer will parts be around to keep my wagon going?

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2008, 08:37 PM   #41
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You could make the current falcon as fast as you like.. it'd still not be as comfortable to drive.
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2008, 09:55 PM   #42
Spanrz
Hmmmmmmm!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stav
Ford on the other hand should have had a turbo charged wagon. What are they waiting for?
Now you are talking. Didn't FTG try this on the "Tsunami" wagon, or was it with a stock BF motor?

With my sig, doesn't Ford listen to it's customers ?
Spanrz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2008, 11:46 AM   #43
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airmon
The VE Sportswagon is the best looking car in the VE Range and would be the only model I would buy, even a few Die hard commodore mates have mentioned the same thing.
Agreed.

The weakness of the AU/B-Series wagons was the rear. Hideous. Those lights, absolutely flat tailgate and flat roofline scream 1980s.
Does the roofline of the A-B series wagons differ that much from the E-Series?

The VE Wagon does look nice overall, and looks far, far, FAR better than the Sedan, which I think looks hideous. The only VE Sedans that look decent from the back are the HSVs, but seeing that HSVs are only a small portion of Holden's sales, it's a poor, poor reflection on the styling of the vehicle.

The VE wagon is easily the nicest of the lot.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2008, 12:22 PM   #44
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA Waggn
Now you are talking. Didn't FTG try this on the "Tsunami" wagon, or was it with a stock BF motor?

With my sig, doesn't Ford listen to it's customers ?
yeha the tsunami was awesome, basicly a wagon F6 including brakes and BA GT wheels.. yum
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2008, 01:57 PM   #45
XR06T
13.96 @ 101.65

i think an R8 wagon might just be my next car!
Old 12-09-2008, 02:38 PM   #46
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stav
The new commodore wagon is a useless workers car.The back boot is half the size of the au ba ford wagons. Apart from a big v8 those cars are nowhere. Ford on the other hand should have had a turbo charged wagon. What are they waiting for? How much longer will parts be around to keep my wagon going?
Stav my friend not everyone wants a leaf sprung old work horse...no the new commy wagon is not no where.
If I needed a wagon now a R8 or SS wagon would be on order as I don't need to carry 1/2ton of crap and I like some in the market are not SUV followers.
On the other hand if Ford did it with a I6T or better still an 8 yer they'd sell a few but not as many as GM so it wouldn't be worth their while as we all know.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post