Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 08-03-2006, 08:12 PM   #31
cArSiK
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ok , just picked up two of these from AutoPro.

L30001 - Purolator Premium Plus. Retail for about $6.50
PL30001 - Purolator PureOne . Retails For about $12

Its so blue and shiny and will soon be on my car :
cArSiK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2006, 08:48 PM   #32
Bill M
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks like I will be going to Autopro to get me a Pureone oil filter, 12 bucks is cheap for a good filter, thank you all for your help.
Cheers
Bill.
Bill M is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2006, 12:41 PM   #33
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cArSiK
ok , just picked up two of these from AutoPro.

L30001 - Purolator Premium Plus. Retail for about $6.50
PL30001 - Purolator PureOne . Retails For about $12

Its so blue and shiny and will soon be on my car :
Which Autopro ?
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2006, 12:07 PM   #34
Bill M
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Purolater PureOne oil filter Au Falcon 6.

I picked up a couple of PureOne PL30001 oil filters at Autopro Narre Warren for $11.95 each, made in the USA too! : Do a google search on Autopro and you will find their website and a store list with contact details. It doesn't get any easier than that
cheers
Bill.
Bill M is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2006, 04:07 PM   #35
scottc

Just spoke to AutoPro Deer Park, and sked if they had any Purolator filters in stock, and the guy told me he didn't, but he has Ryco and that they were better than Purolator anyway! Dammit.

I also tried Repco, and the guy there who was very helpful said Purolator stock was always hard to get, and they didnt bother with them anymore.

Maybe Purolator need to get there orders department into gear. Or is it just AUFalcon people that swear by them?
scottc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2008, 10:27 PM   #36
Bill M
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Pureone oil filters PL30001 Does anyone know where in Melbourne South eastern suburbs I can get them? The usual haunts just have Ryco chinese Z9.
cheers
Bill.
Old 15-09-2008, 09:33 AM   #37
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill M
Pureone oil filters PL30001 Does anyone know where in Melbourne South eastern suburbs I can get them? The usual haunts just have Ryco chinese Z9.
cheers
Bill.
The time spent sharpening your pick to go mining this well would have been wisely spent at google.

I can't help with specifics in Melbourne, so if all else fails.

The Aus Sales Manager is
Luke Needs on 02 96471700
or sales@purolator.com.au

Mike
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2008, 01:19 PM   #38
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

Oil Filters are not as necessary on LPG cars, thats why the cabs just run whatever filters. They get changed every month anyway, and the motors last for well over 600k. I have a PureOne filter on my falc at the moment, at the recommendation of my brother who runs them exclusively on his old and new commodores. I can't say that i notice terribly much of a difference - the oil is golden after 10k no matter what! Hooray for LPG!
Old 15-09-2008, 05:55 PM   #39
SirHenry
Falcon Unbelievable!

A rumour I heard the other day was the Purolene filters were now being made in India. Can anyone shed any light on this, I know they used to be made in USA are they still being made in US?
SirHenry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2008, 11:00 PM   #40
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you could probably get pureone filters from ebay, me personally, i'd rather just use a ryco z9. they do the job well enough for 5000km oil changes. and as above, with lpg the oil is still clean when it comes out, gotta love the carbon buildup that petrol leaves behind, don't you?
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2008, 11:08 PM   #41
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

you're absolutely right, bodes-sh. It's amazing how some people only ever give their car the best but will still use the filthy, putrid, disgusting fuel that is petrol.
Old 15-09-2008, 11:11 PM   #42
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yep, and for 65c/l compared to 150c/l why wouldn't you? on that subject, $6 for a z9 v about $15 for a pureone, hmmm, hard comparison isn't it?
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2008, 11:18 PM   #43
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Firstly gas is for bbqs

Secondly to whoever said dont just change the oil without the filter because its defeating the purpose, the purpose is to replace the oil because the lubricating qaulities diminish over time. The filter itself isnt as important. Thats why manufacturers do services inbetween the normal ones where just the oil is changed.

Filters are filters. Aslong as you change them at the proper intervals there isnt really going to be a difference.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post