Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 11-10-2008, 10:39 AM   #1
lostdude

Default Au S1, Transmission Problem

Hi guys, my au's transmission keeps going into Limp home mode after about 20 minutes of driving, where i only have 2nd and 3rd gear. I've topped up with fluid and it isn't low, transmission was serviced around 15000km ago.
I had the same problem about 2 years ago and i took it to ford, they diagnoised it as a broken solenoid.
It is probably the same problem again, as the car drives fine until the transmission heats up.
Has anyone replaced one of these before? what is involved, i'm ok with tools and prefer to fix this myself, i don't feel like paying ford another 500 bucks as im trading it for a new car next year and i really don't want to spend more money on it than i have to .

thanks in advance.

Old 11-10-2008, 01:10 PM   #2
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

your best bet would be to take it to a transmission shop. unless you are really confident and have a workshop at home, you are probably best off getting it done somewhere else, just don't take it to ford...
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post