Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 29-10-2008, 11:00 AM   #31
sikford
THE Fairmont Ghia 75th

so you have SL on yours too, what shocks do you have.

st33l3y : thats not a bad price for all that stuff, will try get a price and post back up.
Current Mods-HD Built Gearbox+(Mirror Polished, Modified Valve Body), 2500rpm Hi-Stall Convertor(TCE Custom Built), BIG Trans Cooler, Braided Lines/Speedflow Fittings, 2.5" Exhaust, Custom CAI, Detailed UnderCarriage, Custom SQ Stereo Install.
My Ride
My Build Thread
sikford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2008, 11:05 AM   #32
st33l3y
Pursuit #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell
Have a look at mine in the link in my sig, SL's sit quite nice. Any lower and you can forget about driveways, speed humps, ride comfort etc
Ride comfort? Whats that? I'm running 235/40/18 rubber with that too at 40 PSI. Its not too bad on the highway, but around town be prepared for pain. Cornering is great though, she sits flat as a tack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickford
st33l3y : thats not a bad price for all that stuff, will try get a price and post back up.
Both springs and shocks were through my local auto parts store (Leeton Auto Gear), so you could possibly find them cheaper elsewhere.
2003 FPV Pursuit #144
| Silhouette | 5 Speed Manual | Pacemaker Twin 2.5" System | Pacemaker 2.5" 200 cell cats | Pacemaker 1 3/4" headers | Yella Terra airbox | Herrod Oil Breathers | MGW Short Shifter | 19" Bonspeed Clutch billet wheels | Spoiler Deleted |

Last edited by st33l3y; 29-10-2008 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Coffee just kicked in - more info
st33l3y is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2008, 11:09 AM   #33
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikford
so you have SL on yours too, what shocks do you have.

Monroe GT gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by st33l3y
Ride comfort? Whats that? I'm running 235/40/18 rubber with that too at 40 PSI. Its not too bad on the highway, but around town be prepared for pain.
My ride is fine and that's on 245/35/19's with 42psi rears and 40psi fronts.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2008, 11:11 AM   #34
st33l3y
Pursuit #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell
Monroe GT gas

My ride is fine and that's on 245/35/19's with 42psi rears and 40psi fronts.
You have IRS though, I have a live rear axle, which would make quite a difference I would think.
2003 FPV Pursuit #144
| Silhouette | 5 Speed Manual | Pacemaker Twin 2.5" System | Pacemaker 2.5" 200 cell cats | Pacemaker 1 3/4" headers | Yella Terra airbox | Herrod Oil Breathers | MGW Short Shifter | 19" Bonspeed Clutch billet wheels | Spoiler Deleted |
st33l3y is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2008, 11:15 AM   #35
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by st33l3y
You have IRS though, I have a live rear axle, which would make quite a difference I would think.
: Yes I do :

Got to love an AU with IRS.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2008, 11:37 AM   #36
sikford
THE Fairmont Ghia 75th

I.R.S is great.lol. lucky it all highway/freeway run around my new place and all straight rd otherwise i would rethink the lowering thing.haha
Current Mods-HD Built Gearbox+(Mirror Polished, Modified Valve Body), 2500rpm Hi-Stall Convertor(TCE Custom Built), BIG Trans Cooler, Braided Lines/Speedflow Fittings, 2.5" Exhaust, Custom CAI, Detailed UnderCarriage, Custom SQ Stereo Install.
My Ride
My Build Thread
sikford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2008, 11:48 AM   #37
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford_gal_86
Actually, there just as bad, if not worse.

Compressing the springs weakens them, just chop it. Or theres a place in SA that does custom springs, there about $150 a set. Aurora or something like that.
Your talking about the placed that was called "industrial springs". Yes they can make a brand new spring to suit ANY height for you. I hevent been there for 10 years but I know they were cheaper than any brand named spring supplier. I knew that if you werent happy with the height of the spring you could take it back to be reset to a lower height for about $50 a pair.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont