Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 08-10-2008, 04:17 PM   #1
XR Davo

Default AU 1 central locking issue

Guys, had a quick search around these forums and couldn't find anyone here with exactly the same problem I am experiencing with the central locking in my AU1. Car won't lock when using the remote and horn beeps just as if one of the doors isn't fully closed. Have checked all doors for obstructions and no interior lights are left on. We've had a bit of rain recently here in Sydney and this seems to be when the problem started. Have been locking the car with key manually which seems to work ok but would really like to sort this quickly (and cheaply!). Any ideas? Thanks Davo

XR Davo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2008, 05:40 PM   #2
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

Chances are a door lock actuator has gone in one of your doors. you should be able to find out which one isn't locking, ie if you lock it with the key and all doors lock fine, it'll be your drivers door. if one door doesn't lock, then that's it. you can double check its your drivers door by pressing the remote and seeing that the button doesn't go down.
Old 08-10-2008, 06:45 PM   #3
fipcee
not so stock

Maybe a flat battery in the remote?? Do you know if it's ever been replaced?
Liquid silver AUIII XR6, BA scuff plates with Tickford inserts, proudly displaying AU falcon.com stickers, lowered, K&N panel filter with wide mouth snorkle, 2 1/2 exhaust and hi flo cat, Illusion mags, slotted and drilled rotors.
Next mods: extractors
fipcee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2008, 12:09 PM   #4
i.m
Starter Motor

i had same prob . Before you buy a actuator take off drivers door lineing & close door , then try locking with remote if the locks work then its a bent pole for the door button or button pushed too far in and is jamming the system . this is assuming its the drivers side front door with the problem .
i.m is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2008, 12:59 PM   #5
XR Davo

Quote:
Originally Posted by i.m
i had same prob . Before you buy a actuator take off drivers door lineing & close door , then try locking with remote if the locks work then its a bent pole for the door button or button pushed too far in and is jamming the system . this is assuming its the drivers side front door with the problem .

Sounds good I'll give this a go.
XR Davo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2008, 01:43 AM   #6
anand.subs
Starter Motor

Default Lock Pole

Hi guys!

I ahve exactly the same problem. All doors lock wit key but not remote. Next problem is that I pulled out the wire pole and can't seem to find out how it goes back.

Cheers

Anand
98 Falcon Au wagon
anand.subs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2008, 06:25 PM   #7
i.m
Starter Motor

i think u put bottom of pole in 1st at a slight angle towards front of car , then push top of pole in and clip plastic clip back . But im not sure hard to remember without door open in front of me .
i.m is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2008, 01:13 PM   #8
fordman_01
DUB

i had the exact same issue, but for some reason today i tried using the remote (i havent tried locking it with remote for a long time) and it works fine now. weird huh.

what do you think is wrong with mine?
fordman_01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2008, 07:03 AM   #9
drew442

This problem is caused by water in the "A" pillar, take off the r/h kick panel. A small amount of leakage current will do this. Dry it out maybe spray with cnc or similar and it should fix itself. If it still does it after that then check the "B" pillar, remove the rubber plug at the base of the pillar and dry the connectors there.
drew442 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post