Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 07-11-2008, 12:06 AM   #31
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i think it would take guts to do her job knowing that every one had it in for her (specially the boys club), from an outsiders point of view she seemed ok not that counts for anything, i have a mate that quit the force year`s ago , he told me there was too much corruption (vic) he just wanted out, do you think she made any contribution at all Redrum?.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2008, 05:44 AM   #32
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
It would be hard to summarise 8 years, and it is harder to do, without seeing from a members point of view. Many also would like to cloud the issue with bs about members disliking her because she has put up a stand against corruption, allegedly and other bs like the MULLET issue etc.

The main reason I am happy that she is going is the fact she has never stood by the troops. Even in situations when there was no doubt members acted above and beyond the call of duty, she would not stick by them. My view is she does not trust her members, but then her back ground is that of coming through a police force in NSW that was corrupt at many levels, the Roger Rogerson years. This would also explain the close co operation with the OPI.

The second reason is her wish to change Victoria Police Force into an organisation that is more worried about public perception than fighting crime. Whether is be through window dressing or simply not allowing members to defend themselves against rioters she has made a mockery of the organisation. The crooks can see this and thus are running riot. The softly softly approach does not work.

The third reason and perhaps most important is the lies. Victoria police state wide is stretched beyond capacity and resources are a joke. Members from one end of the state are getting flogged and all they hear from Force Command is the same crap, that there has never been more members etc etc.

8 years ago, the Victorian Police Force, was a bench mark, seen as one of the world's finest, now it is a laughing stock, it has lost the respect of the most important people of all, the community.

I could sit here and write all night with various grievences, but I can tell you, within the front line ranks, of the thin blue line, the decision made, was widely rejoiced.
Thanks for that. One thing I would want to know if I was putting my life on the line everytime I put on my uniform was that the person at the top had my best interests in the forefront of their mind. Obviously it was felt among the troops that she didn't.

Beancounters are rife in the private sector, it's sad that they've obviously also got a stranglehold on our emergency services.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2008, 02:30 PM   #33
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
i think it would take guts to do her job knowing that every one had it in for her (specially the boys club), from an outsiders point of view she seemed ok not that counts for anything, i have a mate that quit the force year`s ago , he told me there was too much corruption (vic) he just wanted out, do you think she made any contribution at all Redrum?.
I am sure she has done some good, it is not all bad. I struggle to think of any big things. Allowing members to wear baseball style caps instead of white caps was a good move. In regard to corruption, I can only say at my level, I have not seen any of what is reported on the news. I have no doubt and would think one would have to be nieve to believe there is no corruption in any organisation. But the level of corruption that the OPI states and the media goes on about, the sort that existed in the NSW and Qld police, I don't believe exists within Vic Pol. Evidence has shown some issues with some particular squads but since the creation of the OPI I struggle to find any case to support this.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:45 PM   #34
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
I am sure she has done some good, it is not all bad. I struggle to think of any big things. Allowing members to wear baseball style caps instead of white caps was a good move. In regard to corruption, I can only say at my level, I have not seen any of what is reported on the news. I have no doubt and would think one would have to be nieve to believe there is no corruption in any organisation. But the level of corruption that the OPI states and the media goes on about, the sort that existed in the NSW and Qld police, I don't believe exists within Vic Pol. Evidence has shown some issues with some particular squads but since the creation of the OPI I struggle to find any case to support this.
Lets hope the next captain of the law enforcement ship does a better job, as you mentioned earlier about over streched resources, and like other institution`s doctors ,nurses, ambulance, etc you have to wonder about the politicians leading our country bragging about billions of surplus $ yet our basic service`s are in the poop house, we live in hope .
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2008, 12:25 AM   #35
Bobman
Regulator

One more fool that HAS to go is Rob Hulls.

There is a proposal that came from his office to allow offenders' records to be ex sponged after a certain period.

So criminals will have a clean slate after this time period. It's just another example of unfair rubbish being imposed on law-abiding citizens, while the crooks can do as they please.

The Sentencing Advisory Council chairman explained that "information from members of the public has showed that suspended sentences are a good idea". Really? No-one has asked me or anyone else I know.

Poor Police work hard to catch these crims and all the unpaid hours of OT for reports etc, but so often the full punishment is not always imposed on the offenders.

http://www.hinch.net/says_archive08/Nov08/7-11-08.html

Sunday at 1pm, behind the Police memorial at Kings' Domain Garden.

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Bobman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2008, 01:10 AM   #36
Crazed

Does that mean I can start holidaying in Victoria again?

Or will I still get pinged for going 3km/h over the limit - downhill, on a 6 lane freeway...
Crazed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2008, 12:08 PM   #37
DivHunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazed
Does that mean I can start holidaying in Victoria again?

Or will I still get pinged for going 3km/h over the limit - downhill, on a 6 lane freeway...
Don't be rediculous, not getting fined is like stealing from the govt. But these days you are less likely to be sold drugs by the drug sqaud or bashed by the armed offenders squad.

So, no?
Speed cameras have changed the things we pay attention to and the things we regard as important. Instead of focusing on the dangers ahead, motorists feel that they have been relieved of responsibility for managing their own driving, and have ceded it instead to the mechanical intervention of the camera and other traffic signals.
DivHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2008, 07:34 PM   #38
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobman
The Sentencing Advisory Council chairman explained that "information from members of the public has showed that suspended sentences are a good idea". Really? No-one has asked me or anyone else I know.
Indeed, 'lefty' Judicial-Sentencing-Guidelines are what often make a mockery of court outcome.

In simple terms; 'why sentences for certain nasty crimes appear so weak', despite BIG long-term goal potentials that could have been imposed prior to PC implementation.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post