Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 30-12-2008, 06:42 PM   #1
low au classic
EA FALCONED

Default courtesy door trim lights

hey guys trying to wire up the courtesy lights in the door trims and read a way to wire them to the ignition courtesy light only problem is i dont have one for some reason ????? could someone help me out is there somewhere else i was thinking maybe the auto shifter display light

SVO wheels 16x7 & 16x8
SVO MOMO steering wheel
SVO rear spoiler
SVO dash cluster
SVO RECARO trim
SVO headers
SVO grille
Sounds good pity it hasn’t ran in 3 years
low au classic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2008, 07:00 PM   #2
low au classic
EA FALCONED

here is a picture let me know if im missin somethin but i see no light

SVO wheels 16x7 & 16x8
SVO MOMO steering wheel
SVO rear spoiler
SVO dash cluster
SVO RECARO trim
SVO headers
SVO grille
Sounds good pity it hasn’t ran in 3 years
low au classic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2008, 02:55 PM   #3
Chippar
The Ancient Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by low au classic
here is a picture let me know if im missin somethin but i see no light
The bottom part of the ignition cover holds the courtesy light. From looking at your photo, the bulb and wiring can't bee seen, so you'll have to remove the top part of the cover. The bulb wiring, which is Green with a Yellow stripe, goes over the top of the steering column from the passenger side and fits into the light socket, situated just above the ignition switch in the bottom part of the cover. It’s just a push in and a clockwise twist to lock it in and anticlockwise to remove it, but there’s not much room to play with, but you can join into the bulb wiring above the steering shaft and extend it for a bit more length, then run your new wiring back down the path with the wiring loom and go from there.

I wouldn’t suggest you join into the auto shifter display light, because it doesn’t come on until the headlights are switched on, then remains on until the lights are switched off again, so you’ll have your courtesy lights on all the time your headlights are on.

Just join up with the ignition courtesy light as you mentioned and all will be good. You might be able to locate the wire at the base of the loom as it comes out of the bottom of the steering shaft cover, but test it with a probe before you cut into it. The wire again is Green with a Yellow Stripe.

Hope this helps.
Chippar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post