Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 02-03-2009, 06:12 PM   #1
druxr6t

Default From a BF to AU!

Hey everyone,

I'm not really new to this forum but new to this section rather. I currently own a BF XR6 Turbo and due to buying a house I have decided it's time to sell up and get something a bit cheaper and more practical for work (plumber)! Hence, the decision has been made to get myself into a AU Series II or III XR8 Ute!

So firstly, I thought I would tell people to visit this link...http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11250643 if they are interested in a BF XR6T :voldar02:

And secondly, how well built are the XR8's? There are a few for sale for around 14k with ~150k on them. I have also been reading around and I am going to go for a 220kw XR8, hopefully in manual too! Any info, links, tips, abuse is welcome!

Cheers everyone.
Andrew

druxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2009, 06:22 PM   #2
UU TS50
T3 TS50 075

read some more the ute only got the 200kw motor

My car T3 TS50 #75 Blueprint manual 1/4 mile 13.38 @ 102.97 mph TS 50 = 237.1 rwkw
UU TS50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2009, 06:27 PM   #3
druxr6t

I thought they got the 200kw motor, and then towards the end of 2001 (after april) and the series III, got the 220kw? If not...I'm sure the 200kw will still be enough for me

Edit: just looked into that a bit more and your right, thanks for the info!
Old 02-03-2009, 06:31 PM   #4
T3man
Banned

XR8s got the 200kw motor right to the end - and you may feel a bit let down after the turbo. However you can get into a Pursuit 250 for little more than an XR8 and you will not miss any of your XR6Ts power one bit! In fact, you will enjoy blowing them away and wonder why you waited so long to "trade up". LOL.

There are a few on Carsales at the moment in the low 20s
T3man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2009, 06:58 PM   #5
druxr6t

I would absolutely love to get the pursuit, but the whole reasoning behind selling the XR6T is to get something 10k cheaper...! I won't mind the downgrade in power too much, I'll have the V8 rumble to make me happy now!