Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 06-02-2009, 07:48 PM   #1
bloggs24
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Might be trading up!

Hey guys, after seeing a certain ute, ive been thinking about trading up, it was a black 04 BA XR6 manual ute with 110xxx kays for $20000. Sadly it sold before i could get a good look at it. So i went around a few dealers and at my local ford dealer, i found a silver '06 BF MKII auto ute with powerbulge hard top and spoiler, with 13000 kays on it, the price on it is 29888. Ive managed to talk them into taking my car, trade in for 8000, for those who dont know ive got an '01 AUII XR6 VCT, so this will pay off what i owe on the car. I took the car for a test drive, and it was a dream, sounds great, its got the exhaust done. I love my car, but its been a bit of a money pit and if it werent for the new laws, id rather get myself into a TS50 or an AU XR8 ute for that kinda money.

The car is on page 2.
http://www.heyerford.com.au/

Just wanted to let yas know, and will lets yas know how it goes, if a deal goes down it will be on monday, opinions appreciated.

bloggs24 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2009, 09:38 AM   #2
ayeyew
Teh Baest

Looks bloody clean that ute!

Love the colour

Im sure its gonna be hard to say bye to your AU tho... You got a bloody nice one!

Coming..CMS Stg2A Cam, 68mm TB
Later.. 4.5L w/ BOOOOOOOOOOST or XR6T or AUIII XR8 220

Currently:
151kW (165 on other dynos )
ayeyew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2009, 10:03 AM   #3
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

That seems a bit pricey, a member here bought an BF2 XR6t ute with leather and ZF 6 speed and hard lid cheaper than that two weeks ago.($27K 60,000klm)

http://fordforums.com.au/showpost.ph...&postcount=659
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2009, 10:06 AM   #4
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Gees Bloggs swapping to a BA/F is not trading up , haven"t you learnt any thing in here

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2009, 10:45 AM   #5
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoosha
Gees Bloggs swapping to a BA/F is not trading up , haven"t you learnt any thing in here
In all seriousness, there's quite a bit of truth to this IMO.
Going from AU2/3, to BA/BF it's kinda like a sideways step in many ways.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:52 AM   #6
brad`
The Monty

by many posts i have to agree with whoosha and sox.. its basically the same car, just with diffrent body mould and electrical features nothing truly diffrent,

i go looking for a t-series or a AUIII xr8 ute a lot less cheaper on the price too

cheers
brad`

brad` is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2009, 01:24 PM   #7
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox
No arguements from me- agree 100%!!
Old 07-02-2009, 01:41 PM   #8
KOUPE76
OLD SKOOL BABY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox
Also have to agree on that, hence the reason I will never sell the ute, plus it still has the looks over the b and f series IMHO. :evil3:

1976 XB GS COUPE (waiting to start the rebuild)
KOUPE76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2009, 04:46 PM   #9
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
That seems a bit pricey, a member here bought an BF2 XR6t ute with leather and ZF 6 speed and hard lid cheaper than that two weeks ago.($27K 60,000klm)

http://fordforums.com.au/showpost.ph...&postcount=659
Got it for 25k Nick, was advertised for 29,000..
nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2009, 08:29 PM   #10
bloggs24
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bit of an update, i think im going to give the utes from Ford a miss, while very nice and in pristine condition, ive decided its over priced.
However the plan hasnt changed. Will be going over to Mudgee in the morning to have a look at an BF MKII XR6T ute.
http://www.carpoint.com.au/used-car/...sn6102456.aspx
If i can get the same, or very close trade in offer that Ford gave me, it might be a done deal. Downfall, i cant legally drive it for a year and a bit! i regret not getting my greens as soon as i could!

Thanks for all the replies, its going to be hard letting the XR6 go after all the work ive done to it with my own sweat and blood, literally. I had big plans for the car but deep down i really wanted a ute, besides the front bumper, this has everything i want. (XR50 has my fav front bumper :P)
Old 09-02-2009, 06:42 PM   #11
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloggs24
Bit of an update, i think im going to give the utes from Ford a miss, while very nice and in pristine condition, ive decided its over priced.
However the plan hasnt changed. Will be going over to Mudgee in the morning to have a look at an BF MKII XR6T ute.
http://www.carpoint.com.au/used-car/...sn6102456.aspx
If i can get the same, or very close trade in offer that Ford gave me, it might be a done deal. Downfall, i cant legally drive it for a year and a bit! i regret not getting my greens as soon as i could!

Thanks for all the replies, its going to be hard letting the XR6 go after all the work ive done to it with my own sweat and blood, literally. I had big plans for the car but deep down i really wanted a ute, besides the front bumper, this has everything i want. (XR50 has my fav front bumper :P)
I think I remember seeing that car at auction?
This one here is a much better deal IMO, I have looked at it and its perfect, its only ever been Ford owned and dealer said something about it coming with a full 3 years warranty, and they will take 29-30k for it..look at the km's on it..

http://carsales.com.au/used-cars/dealer/FORD/FALCONdistance=25&__Qpb=true
nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2009, 09:39 PM   #12
bloggs24
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugget378
I think I remember seeing that car at auction?
This one here is a much better deal IMO, I have looked at it and its perfect, its only ever been Ford owned and dealer said something about it coming with a full 3 years warranty, and they will take 29-30k for it..look at the km's on it..

http://carsales.com.au/used-cars/dealer/FORD/FALCONdistance=25&__Qpb=true
Oh that is nice, and love the colour too! but 30g is really pushing the limit of what i can afford on a casual position :P

The Mudgee dealer has offered me 7 grand trade in for the XR6. and ive been pre-approved finance. I'm starting to be a little turned off by the amount of K's it has for a roughly 3 year old vehicle, 94000. Apparently it has 1 previous owner who is a painter, and he used it for work purposes. So tomorow morning, im going to offer a deal at Ford, if they will match the price of the XR6T, $27990, ill take it, i would feel a little more at ease since it only has 13000k's on it, even though id love to have a turbo, and damn is that toxic paint job pure sex.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:33 PM   #13
DW260

As most people have said, don't sidestep into something that's essentially the same.

I got rid of a AUII Pursuit for an NA BA XR6 ute, terrible idea... With a Tickford you have something a little bit special, only do it if you're going for a turbo or an 8.

"EDIT" I wouldn't worry about the km's... At least you know it's reliable.
FPV GS Ute #370/Brembo brakes
DW260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2009, 04:08 PM   #14
bloggs24
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Was at holden dealers today, looking at a orange craige lowndes xr6t ute which was, $31990, they tried to sway me towards a white VE SV6 ute for $30990. Took it for a drive, it felt good, but i honestly would say that the BF MK2 ute at ford felt better, which BTW they've reduced to $28888 since.

Now the main part, while they were getting together a quotes etc for my car, they told me that they've done a revs check on it, and its classed as a repairable write off. I'm stupid to have not had it checked last year when i bought it, but ive checked it over, and i cant see any signs of a serious, front or rear end smash, i was suspicous when i took the front bumper off to install the tranny cooler, panels not quite lined up, few rivets missing etc, but nothing looked structurally damaged, so who knows how serious it might have been.

So the quote they've given me is $6000 trade in, which in there words is very generous as its a repairable writeoff and they'd need to find another dealer who would take it as they wouldnt sell it on there lot. WHAT A LOAD OF HORSE .
Year before last we bought a AU2 Forte from them, we go to a holden dealer up near newcastle and they inform us the forte is also a repairable writeoff, which we ended up bringing back to heyer ford here in dubbo and had trade it in for a red AU2 XR6, no mention of it being a write off. That XR6 is what made me fall for the AU's BTW, which is why i have the blue one now.

Im not too sure on what to do, I dont know how serious of an accident it may have been in, Ive decided im not touching the SV6. But do i go and get the silver XR6 ute from ford which i actually do like, just to get out of my car. Or do i keep waiting until i find an XR6T ute, which is what i had my heart set on...
Old 06-04-2009, 05:21 PM   #15
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloggs24
Was at holden dealers today, looking at a orange craige lowndes xr6t ute which was, $31990, they tried to sway me towards a white VE SV6 ute for $30990. Took it for a drive, it felt good, but i honestly would say that the BF MK2 ute at ford felt better, which BTW they've reduced to $28888 since.

Now the main part, while they were getting together a quotes etc for my car, they told me that they've done a revs check on it, and its classed as a repairable write off. I'm stupid to have not had it checked last year when i bought it, but ive checked it over, and i cant see any signs of a serious, front or rear end smash, i was suspicous when i took the front bumper off to install the tranny cooler, panels not quite lined up, few rivets missing etc, but nothing looked structurally damaged, so who knows how serious it might have been.

So the quote they've given me is $6000 trade in, which in there words is very generous as its a repairable writeoff and they'd need to find another dealer who would take it as they wouldnt sell it on there lot. WHAT A LOAD OF HORSE .
Year before last we bought a AU2 Forte from them, we go to a holden dealer up near newcastle and they inform us the forte is also a repairable writeoff, which we ended up bringing back to heyer ford here in dubbo and had trade it in for a red AU2 XR6, no mention of it being a write off. That XR6 is what made me fall for the AU's BTW, which is why i have the blue one now.

Im not too sure on what to do, I dont know how serious of an accident it may have been in, Ive decided im not touching the SV6. But do i go and get the silver XR6 ute from ford which i actually do like, just to get out of my car. Or do i keep waiting until i find an XR6T ute, which is what i had my heart set on...
It may have been flood or hail damaged.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2009, 05:36 PM   #16
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

INteresting reading, i may be doing the same come the end of the yr