Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 07-04-2009, 01:00 PM   #1
cortEA

Default My dyno result

Hey guys and gals, I put my XR6 on the dyno at a dyno day and this is the result. Now there were other cars there that had been dyno'd recently and there figures seem to be spot on to what they were on the other dyno. I've had a few people tell me it was pretty high which it backed up a 2nd run of 208 hp. any opinions, thoughts etc?

Cheers Corey

Attached Images
File Type: jpg !cid_816.jpg (75.3 KB, 127 views)

Missus car: 04 Subaru Impreza RS with fully sic cannon

Drag car: '76 TD Cortina, 4.0 AU motor, 4 spd single rail, 4 puck solid centre brass button clutch, 17" chromies, 600*300*76 FMIC, Garrett TB 4133 Turbo, BA XR6T inj's, Malpassi, Walbro etc etc...
cortEA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2009, 04:47 PM   #2
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Thats about 155 and a bit rwk which is not to bad here"s the thread to post it up but make s it easyer if we all talk in killer wasps for a comparison.1.34 kw to the 1hp
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...17#post2607417
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2009, 05:02 PM   #3
The Monty
Just slidin'

Probably the weirdest dyno sheet Ive seen, not sure how the lines get like that, lol.
As for power, 220hp is a fair whack, up over the 160kw mark. The 1/4 mile time is good as well, and the MPH is quite high.
What mods have you actually done? If its just the exhaust and intake, thats pretty good, my old AU 1 Fairmont with exhaust, intake and a generic tune ran 14.9 @ 91mph, but thats with an auto and 133kw.
The Dyno sheet also suggests peak power at 4200rpm, doesnt sound quite right.
Your car is manual, so with those mods, it is possible that it could make that power, I havent actually seen anyone else make that much, but Im sure its possible?
Old 07-04-2009, 07:17 PM   #4
dreadly
Banned

Nup, sounds off by about 10-15rwkw i know vct's are good but an exhaust and k&n filter and some extractors arnt gonna get ya 35rwkw's 70 at the fly? dont think so..... and whats up with the graph?
If it's legit all the better for ya bro and awesome job, imao the dyno's out
dreadly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2009, 07:22 PM   #5
FS5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

if your runing 94mph down the quarter,your definately round the 150rwk mark.
maybe its that nice cool weather down in tassie.he he
Old 07-04-2009, 08:43 PM   #6
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

manuals would have a slightly higher figure due to less power losses (manual vs auto) would they not? thats a nice figure.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2009, 09:01 PM   #7
EvilChief
Boost Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monty
Probably the weirdest dyno sheet Ive seen, not sure how the lines get like that, lol.
As for power, 220hp is a fair whack, up over the 160kw mark. The 1/4 mile time is good as well, and the MPH is quite high.
What mods have you actually done? If its just the exhaust and intake, thats pretty good, my old AU 1 Fairmont with exhaust, intake and a generic tune ran 14.9 @ 91mph, but thats with an auto and 133kw.
The Dyno sheet also suggests peak power at 4200rpm, doesnt sound quite right.
Your car is manual, so with those mods, it is possible that it could make that power, I havent actually seen anyone else make that much, but Im sure its possible?

that was just my thought too monty, last time i saw a dead straight line on a dyno when we had a supercharhed 383 stroker wheelspun on our dyno, painted the roof black and maxed it out at 550Kw at the wheels
LN65 Hilux Turbo - sold
EL31 Corolla Turbo - sold
Ford AU Ute Turbo - sold
Ford AU XR8 Sedan - 5.4l V8 Turbo (in the build)
Ford BA XR6T Ute - daily driver
Ford FG XR6T Sedan - cruiser

do you see a general trend? I DO

Can't live with it, can't live without it!
EvilChief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2009, 12:50 AM   #8
cortEA

Hey guys, thanks for the replys. Yeah they def the only mods done, the run was done at about 11pm so nice and cold to start with. I was thinking where it spikes on the sheet at around 3300rpm is about where the VCT kicks in but correct me if i'm wrong...
I dont know if the previous owner did any mods as i bought the car with 42000k on it and the extractors and zorst were already on it. And there was no chance it was spinning on the dyno the rollers are 600mm dia in comparison to most other dynos that are 300 mm. I would like to put it on another dyno and see if the result is the same.

Cheers Corey

Drag car: '76 TD Cortina, 4.0 AU motor, 4 spd single rail, 4 puck solid centre brass button clutch, 17" chromies, 600*300*76 FMIC, Garrett TB 4133 Turbo, BA XR6T inj's, Malpassi, Walbro etc etc...
Old 08-04-2009, 01:46 AM   #9
The Monty
Just slidin'

Your car is quick at the track, and makes decent power. Get a custom tune into it to finish it off and youll be laughing.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:54 PM   #10
FalconXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Your full of it!
That thing would be lucky to punch out 50rwkw - I've seen you get done by Daewoo's and V6 Commodores at the lights!
It's slow, sounds like crap, and looks awful - especially with that non-agressive TE front bumber!
It's hopeless!!!

Your dyno graph is a lie.
Your quarter mile ET and MPH is a lie.

Your shameless!

Your a joke!

Just kidding ...
can't wait to put the turbo on this dyno soon...
FalconXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2009, 06:13 PM   #11
cortEA

Nice to see you were working hard GAZ doin this at work..... GOLD!!!! I want your job .......

Cheers Corey

Old 08-04-2009, 06:42 PM   #12
ebxr82nv
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Does seem a little high for what's essentialy a stocker. Unless you've got a freak I'd say it should be around the 140 rwkw mark. But then again dynos are a wonderful thing.

My hp xr6 ran 15.3@90mph dead stock, still had the factory exhaust and I'd only owned it less than 24 hrs. It spun the rollers at 114rwkw at the time.
97 el futura MOCKed up with a 2500 stall, heaps of fun!
ebxr82nv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2009, 07:10 PM   #13
MGM
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

it does sound a bit high i think, when i only had catback, and k&n filter my XR6 VCT ran 140rwkw, since then ive got pacemakers, high flow cat and generic tune so who knows now, but good on ya
MGM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2009, 07:13 PM   #14
MGM
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

and as for max power at 4200rpm, i dont know why but i only made mine at 4800rpm
MGM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2009, 07:32 PM   #15
The Monty
Just slidin'

I made peak power at 4900rpm in the Monty.
Old 08-04-2009, 11:54 PM   #16
EvilChief
Boost Addict

just out of curiosity, what sort of dyno is it? i have never sen a graph print out like it before
LN65 Hilux Turbo - sold
EL31 Corolla Turbo - sold
Ford AU Ute Turbo - sold
Ford AU XR8 Sedan - 5.4l V8 Turbo (in the build)
Ford BA XR6T Ute - daily driver
Ford FG XR6T Sedan - cruiser

do you see a general trend? I DO

Can't live with it, can't live without it!
EvilChief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post