Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Closed Thread

Old 17-04-2009, 06:36 PM   #31
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordfan4u
A little work to these things will net you the same power a raptor charger will get on an OHC I6, which is 180rwkw to 190rwkw.
Actually most with these kits and 3inch exhorsts with no other mods are hitting around the 200rwkw mark. Not that it is really much of a differance.
Old 17-04-2009, 07:47 PM   #32
SLO AU XR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordfan4u
LoL my car? which one.
The reason I dont have a build thread is because I sold my BA XR8 and dont have a Ford anymore.
Now ive got a VL turbo, RB25 conversion, which so far is making 340rwkw. Aiming for 365rwkw once I get new coil packs and more boost. Not run at wsid yet.
Ive also got a Mazda RX7 series ll 13b turbo making 220rwkw, 13.3 @ 111mph. Wait for it.. on street tyres! lol.
Although I have been tempted to buy your monty.. I heard that thing is a weapon ;)

Your clearly talking to and dealing with the wrong people when it comes to modding an I6 if you think you can't make power from porting the head amoungst other things.
Man, you dont make any sence. SO what that your 5nm off his? So what he launches at 5800rpm on 16in streets, whats that got to do with the price of eggs in china?
To clear it up, I didnt come here to attack your car, I came here to stop you from rubbishing his.
Maybe you should stick to your mechano set, get that right first before attempting to build a car.

I get big entertainment from people like you
A quick tip though, change your damn fuel pressure regulator and go get a re tune, With your mods if you dont make close to or over 170rwkw, get a new tuner.
A little work to these things will net you the same power a raptor charger will get on an OHC I6, which is 180rwkw to 190rwkw.
Yes, power can be gained from a correctly ported head, if it has been incorrectly ported, then power will decrease. I know 2 guys that have ported heads, and I do not beleive 490hp flow is obtainable from a 4L head. 365hp flow is the peak i have seen done without cracking into water and oil galleries.

As for launching at 5800rpm on 16" street tyres, I call BS, 5800rpm+ street tyres = bulk wheelspin.

As for making 170+rwkw, it can be done, but takes alot more work than either Josh or Stiddy have.
Forced Performance Tuned
Old 17-04-2009, 07:52 PM   #33
Badcooky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Less talk more Supercharger.
Old 17-04-2009, 09:03 PM   #34
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badcooky
Less talk more Supercharger.
Less talk more close I reckon.