Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-04-2009, 10:14 AM   #121
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Come on, we know how traditional turbo engines work and their characteristics. ford says the ecoBoost has zero lag. Look at the torque "curve" it's not " flattish". Its not even relatively flat. It's as flat as a pancake. There will be an electronic limiter in there trust me. I have driven an XR8 but not xr6t, but driving one or both as you suggest wont change the reality on how they operate. The Taurus most likely is limited in torque to 470nm due to the transverse layout, as you said
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2009, 10:15 AM   #122
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by irlewy86
If they axe Falcon they are still going to have a orphaned (Mustang) platform aren't they. So isn't it counter productive to axe the Falcon rather than roll all the current RWD into one platform.
Exactly. Unless of course this "one Ford" circlejerk means one RWD Ford for the Yanks and stuff everyone else.
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2009, 11:31 AM   #123
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

I am hearing that this "One ford" does not mean things will be killed off if it so happens that it doesn't fit in to this "one ford" strategy. They are looking at all products on their own merits, if the product has a wider global market, then they can utilise a global approach and go down that path. Falcon can soldier on for many years as we know it, and I also believe there will be some pretty positive news regarding our local product in the near future!

stay tuned.
JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2009, 11:53 AM   #124
Walt Kowalski
I use brain. Not hip.

Anybody for deja vu?

Maybe Laurie Oakes
Walt Kowalski is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2009, 02:34 PM   #125
JMO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry if off topic.

Listening to the radio the other day, there some car journalist who had been speaking to Buerela about the Territory and a diesel option. He was told that there would be an announcement regarding it in 9 weeks (I think). Can't remember exactly but the journo sounded as though it would be positive news. Here's hoping
JMO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2009, 02:51 PM   #126
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMO
Sorry if off topic.

Listening to the radio the other day, there some car journalist who had been speaking to Buerela about the Territory and a diesel option. He was told that there would be an announcement regarding it in 9 weeks (I think). Can't remember exactly but the journo sounded as though it would be positive news. Here's hoping
Here you go:

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mell...25759E00068BCA
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post