Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 23-05-2009, 06:21 PM   #31
The Monty
Just slidin'

Probably Auction prices.
Last time I was at the Auctions I saw a 2007 Fairlane, 27000km on it, $23 000.
Old 23-05-2009, 06:49 PM   #32
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Do a search on the turbo forums and you might find the thread. There were a couple of white ones going for $10K and a mercury one for $8K with leather and roof. Absolute bargains. Was about six months ago. A few months before that I sold my very nice turbo for $14,000 complete with plenty of mods.
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2009, 08:28 PM   #33
Pepe_17
AU XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by private9
I've owned dozens of cars, and every jap car, whether it be a lowly econo box or an import quicky of some description, has been perfectly reliable, and about a million times better built than any Falcodore I've ever owned.
Like i said just my opinion mate..after all it is a forum and id prefer an Australian made vehicle over an import any day...

GALAXY BLUE
Pepe_17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2009, 08:39 PM   #34
dreadly
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe_17
Like i said just my opinion mate..after all it is a forum and id prefer an Australian made vehicle over an import any day...
Exactly! ;)
dreadly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2009, 08:53 PM   #35
ebxr82nv
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I find it interesting that nobody has suggested the xr6t transplant into your car. For 15k it would be in and pushing 300+ at the treads providedyou did your reasearch and learnt from the mistakes ofothers
97 el futura MOCKed up with a 2500 stall, heaps of fun!
ebxr82nv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2009, 09:56 PM   #36
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe_17
Absolutely mate, and I too prefer aussie cars over an import that's why I have 3 of them!

I was simply disagreeing with the statement "plus ford are made better than that recycled Jap Crap".
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2009, 10:16 PM   #37
ebxr82nv
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by private9
Absolutely mate, and I too prefer aussie cars over an import that's why I have 3 of them!

I was simply disagreeing with the statement "plus ford are made better than that recycled Jap Crap".
Although not exactly "jap crap", when looking at build quality hyundai is that far in front of ford products it's not funny. Off topic I know but it's just the way it is.
97 el futura MOCKed up with a 2500 stall, heaps of fun!
ebxr82nv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2009, 11:56 PM   #38
dusty86

Hey mate,
In my opinion you need to weigh up your pro's and con's, I'm making an assumption here but your buying a house, so your maybe in a relationship and may have babies coming along in a few years, if this is the case the 32 is out, as is towing..
I have been there, my sprinter was my daily for a few years but in the end they get a bit much, stiff suspension, loud, bucket seat etc...
SO my thoughts are, I absolutely love R32's but they are a 20+ year old car, and have oil problems to the head, so your going to have to factor in all this stuff, but god are they quick and will outhandle a BF all the tiem (if you like that stuff)

But if your just after a quick comfortable daily (not to thrash around corners) then definately the XR6T.

So that's my two cents, or else get a BA turbo then with your elft over change buy a track 32
dusty86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2009, 12:00 AM   #39
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG
Out of those options I'd go the XR6T, the AU will only end up causing heartache.
Ditto those sentiments
Old 24-05-2009, 12:28 AM   #40
THR347

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebxr82nv
I find it interesting that nobody has suggested the xr6t transplant into your car. For 15k it would be in and pushing 300+ at the treads providedyou did your reasearch and learnt from the mistakes ofothers
xr6t transplant has been mentioned several times already mate, but i agree that would be an awesome and unique package in the AU :Up_to_som
Old 24-05-2009, 12:44 AM   #41
05b8050

mate what a choice r32 what a waist of time you want one of them you playin in the wrong forums now you offered an xr6t or 15k on my au well hows this i would have to say

XR6t for sure and sell my au for decent money and spend that on the xr6 thats win win for me although would be sad to see the AU go is a great car
05b8050 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2009, 01:31 AM   #42
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
I actually did mention it in my post on page 1. I agree though, it would be certainly unique with a 6t engine package and potentially lethal. Certainly well within you budget to do this.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2009, 02:31 AM   #43
EgoFalcon
The Villan

xr6 turbo for sure (but a manual or 6 speed auto, no 4 speed auto)

The PX Ranger has arrived! XLT Metropolitean Grey

Previous Ride - 2007 BF MK II XR6 in Lightning Strike
EgoFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2009, 07:16 AM   #44
The Monty
Just slidin'

Quote:
Pretty sure I mentioned that on the first page.
Old 24-05-2009, 10:17 AM   #45
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Barra T in the au or just go the T3 if it was my folding stuff although I'd lean towards the T3 , if for no other reason, the resale value going forward. Like all good performance cars they'll bottom out cost wise in the near future ( 10 yrs or so) then start going back up again .

Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2009, 10:44 PM   #46
Cooper69S

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG
Out of those options I'd go the XR6T, the AU will only end up causing heartache.
you got that right. I've done option C and consider it my worst ever car decision. was fun at times but too much time fixing problems means that overall it was a very unpleasant and expensive experience.

before I did the major mods on the AU, I was going to buy a BA/F XR8 but decided to do up the AU instead. Now I'm driving a BF2 XT and have spent much more than if I'd just sold the AU and bought an XR8 instead.

Except for being a tad slow, the BF is a much more comfortable drive than the AU was. lowered with 17's it at least handles ok.

so i'd definitely recommend option B, but not necessarily the XR6T
Cooper69S is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2009, 11:51 AM   #47
autickfordfairmont
Tickford Equiped

If it was me and I had an idle $15,000 sitting around burning a hole in my wallet, I would update & go to a BA or BF. Turbo would be great, nice car, plenty of power, an doesnt take much to get a BA or BF looking really nice with am aftermarket typhoon or GT kit. I would however have to consider the following example:

Option (D) - 2003 FORD FAIRMONT BA GHIA - Low Kays, Leather, 2 more cylinders....

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...=178&silo=1011

Do a search on Carsales, plenty of different options to choose from when looking around. XR6T, XR8, TE50....

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...t=TE50&trecs=7

Plenty to choose from.

I wouldn't spend the $15,000 on the AU. I love my au but in the end it would be a waste of money, and thats with me starting with a Tickford Fairmont as a base. You would be spending 300% of the cars value on it. Update to a newer model, lower kays, and while your at it add in a few more luxuries that you dont currently have (e.g. leather interior, climate control, etc, etc) and why not add a couple of more cylinders to it aswell if you wanted to.

For the outlay of money, you could pick up a very very very nice car to begin with and then modify it slightly to your needs (Body kits, wheels, sound systems, flash tune etc). Remember by the end of the year when you have this money to splash about, prices will have dropped again and you could possibly even step into it for less with a bit more left over to spend on the new one.

I am aiming for a similar thing towards the end of the year and this is exaclty what i will be doing. BA or BF Fairmont Ghia V8, put it on LPG, tighten up the suspension, tinted, flash tuned, extractors & Exahust, and then start looking at Body kits & new wheels etc after that.
TS50 Front Bar with Fog lights, TS50 Rear Bar. Injected LPG System,
autickfordfairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2009, 11:59 AM   #48
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Here's another thing. This was said to me by a very wise man.

If you have 15k, go to the bank and get it out in cash. Get the cash and put it on your coffee table. Have it sit there and just look at it, look at it and think about what it can get you. Leave it there for a week and I bet you won't spend it on your car.

This was said to me by a man that is an absolute car nut, he is a regular here and many of you would be surprised at who it is.

He is right, I thought about that long and hard. He is right.

Have a think.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2009, 12:09 PM   #49
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

i'd do up my AU like how i am going to anyway... it just means i can spend more on performance... supercharged 347 stroker and 6sp seqential shift auto with 3.7:1 LSD??
Old 26-05-2009, 12:55 PM   #50
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG
Here's another thing. This was said to me by a very wise man.

If you have 15k, go to the bank and get it out in cash. Get the cash and put it on your coffee table. Have it sit there and just look at it, look at it and think about what it can get you. Leave it there for a week and I bet you won't spend it on your car.

This was said to me by a man that is an absolute car nut, he is a regular here and many of you would be surprised at who it is.

He is right, I thought about that long and hard. He is right.

Have a think.
was it Flappist? :P

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2009, 01:05 PM   #51
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval
was it Flappist? :P
No, I didn't say Hypothetical.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2009, 02:50 PM   #52
loxxr6
XB in parts...

I'd go the XR6T. That's my choice. I was going to turbo my AU - recently sold all the bits - but the extra insurance and some other hassles put me off. I still love the car but after a drive in my brother's BA XR6T, I was sold. It's smoother (than the AU's live axle), more powerful (clearly) and looks good.

The next car I'll be buying will be a BF2 XR6T.

If you'd asked me 3 years ago I'd hands down say forced induction for the AU (if spending money on your car is what you're doing). The T3 option sounds good tho.

Have you sussed out insurance costs etc if you modify the AU???

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2009, 03:33 PM   #53
ayeyew
Teh Baest

Nah, havent sussed out any insurance, but now that you bring it up, i imagine it would go up quite a bit. I am currently playing over $2k with my current mods. I'd imagine it would probably double if I did do that.

I would love the T3, but i do think it would be around $5k out of my price range. Considering i'll prolly have a $400,000 mortgage in September, dont want more debt

I dont know why i didnt even consider the BA2. With the typhoon aftermarket kit, a further 3-4k or so.. I would be happy Just upgrade to the BF2 a couple years after

I have been looking at the XR8's too, but still a little out of my range also i think, but i have seen some nice montys as you mentioned. Bloody decisions, i hate them!

Coming..CMS Stg2A Cam, 68mm TB
Later.. 4.5L w/ BOOOOOOOOOOST or XR6T or AUIII XR8 220

Currently:
151kW (165 on other dynos )
ayeyew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2009, 08:20 PM   #54
AUIIXR8Ute
Automotive Detailer

I've had a XR6T, love it, sold it and don't miss it at all. I what little money I did get for it, I put on a Golf GTI.

Honestly, I prefer to drive the AU, not as quick, but doesn't come with brake shudder or driveline shunt.

BA XR8's are getting around the $15k mark now. It's just a matter of being in the right place at the right time.
AUIIXR8Ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post