Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-08-2005, 11:06 AM   #31
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_EL_XR8
Warranty problems, nope.
Well there always seems to be a lot of b**ching about Ford Warranty. Im yet to meet anyone who has had any problems with Honda

Quote:
Integra Type R different from the pack? Different how? Have you got a different coloured neon setup or 2 monsta exhausts pipes..
There are only 3 or 4 ive seen around Canberra. Were talkn Type Rs not VTiRs or bog stock ones.

Quote:
Open mindedness? as opposed to open headedness! If you wanna career around shopping centres in something that looks and sounds like it should have a whip aerial and a 27mhz hand controller, then that is your right!
Sorry i forgot you got an extra 2 or 4 cylinders so your d**k must be bigger.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2005, 11:38 AM   #32
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
Well there always seems to be a lot of b**ching about Ford Warranty. Im yet to meet anyone who has had any problems with Honda

There are only 3 or 4 ive seen around Canberra. Were talkn Type Rs not VTiRs or bog stock ones.

Sorry i forgot you got an extra 2 or 4 cylinders so your d**k must be bigger.
This is Krissy's post re insurance so I will choose to belittle Honda ricers and belittle you further in PM. :
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2005, 11:42 AM   #33
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
This is Krissy's post re insurance so I will choose to belittle Honda ricers and belittle you further in PM. :
Lol yeah got a bit of topic there sorry all. And my original post was to do with insurance.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:55 AM   #34
XHII V8S

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennAUII
do you guys know what just cars are like with young guys?
I am getting the bodykit done to my au, also future mods will be only things like exhaust (no extractors), lowered suspension and 18's and i don't think RACQ will be too impressed..
Yeah definetely give Just Car Insurance a call. In my case, I rang up the AANT (RACV/RACQ) equivalent for the N.T., and when I told them my car and my age, I was laughed at, and politely told "we don't insure V8's for drivers under 25". I told them that was stupid, and that a new stock BAII/VZ 6 cylinder puts out more power than my V8 (its completely stock) and they just said thats the way it is goodbye.

After being on the phone to Just Car, they were only too happy to help, I now have complete cover for my car, including everything I've put on it.
-Pioneer HU
XHII V8S is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2005, 12:56 PM   #35
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
They were making sure you had everything covered.

I didn't miss your point at all. You will be amazed with the amount of people who think they have told RACV everything, then when they claim find out they haven't. If it's not on the policy then you are not covered. Being told the modification isn't covered due to not being on the policy, often upset claimants. I agree, 1 hour is 50 minutes too long, but you need to understand not everyone at RACV know cars. There are 1000's of people there!
Thanks for your supply, you seem to have the same understanding as I.
Let's just agree to disagree on this shall we
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2005, 01:07 PM   #36
Muley-EF

kids kids kids...
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2005, 01:27 PM   #37
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Fairmont_Krissy just out of interest what was the premium with RACV and what is it now with Just Cars? Just as a guide.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:07 PM   #38
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
Fairmont_Krissy just out of interest what was the premium with RACV and what is it now with Just Cars? Just as a guide.
All up with RACV it was $867.76 and I paid monthly, which put an extra $81.42 onto it per year.

With Just Car it's $749.00 although I am insured for $1000 less agreed value than what I was with RACV but it's still a good agreed value and I'm very happy with it.

Also, I'd been quoted by Shannons before but I tried again and they wanted $1305 with ALOT less agreed value.

EDIT: Oooops forgot to mention that the price of $749 includes the optional Rating 1 Protection which cost me $35.
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST

Last edited by FRDGAL; 11-08-2005 at 03:04 PM.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:17 PM   #39
Penelope Pitstop
Can't get enough of this.

Location: Standing on the driveway sobbing because I don't have a PINK ute anymore :0(

Hey Krissy

Would be interested to know how the excesses compare - If its not too personal – that is really the second most important figure after the premium from a comparison point of view.

Your agreed value doesn’t mean a great deal unless you write the car off or it is stolen so I wouldn’t be concerned at all by the $1000 drop. More than likely it is the excess that you will have to fork out for so I would be more concerned with it.

Cheers, Tori
Penelope Pitstop is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2005, 05:32 PM   #40
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
I didn't miss your point at all. You will be amazed with the amount of people who think they have told RACV everything, then when they claim find out they haven't. If it's not on the policy then you are not covered. Being told the modification isn't covered due to not being on the policy, often upset claimants. I agree, 1 hour is 50 minutes too long, but you need to understand not everyone at RACV know cars. There are 1000's of people there!
I hear ya.

Its quite easy to get the sh1ts with people who work in insurance. A lot of us have nfi on imports or cars in general and the amount of people who conveniently choose not to disclose things or neglect to keep their policies up to date is alarming.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2005, 11:14 PM   #41
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirtekGirl76
Hey Krissy

Would be interested to know how the excesses compare - If its not too personal – that is really the second most important figure after the premium from a comparison point of view.

Your agreed value doesn’t mean a great deal unless you write the car off or it is stolen so I wouldn’t be concerned at all by the $1000 drop. More than likely it is the excess that you will have to fork out for so I would be more concerned with it.

Cheers, Tori
That's exactly how I see it too - that $1000 less was not a big deal at all. As long as I'm covered for an amount that I'm happy with then it's all good.

The excess is quite higher. $450 basic excess and $400 mod excess but I knew of their basic+mod excess policy before ringing them and it didn't fuss me. That extra $400 mod excess I can save in a few weeks and put it aside in one of my accounts and not touch it. That way, if I ever need to claim, that extra money is already there so really I didn't/don't see it as an issue at all.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:06 AM   #42
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
You will be amazed with the amount of people who think they have told RACV everything, then when they claim find out they haven't. If it's not on the policy then you are not covered.
Getting away from car insurance, but still on RACV - I had a contents policy with RACV for a few years and in the last year of that policy I discovered that my housemate wasn't on the policy - meaning he wasn't covered. I only changed it once to drop one of the 3 people off the policy as he moved out. I never instructed RACV to delete a second name. So while I was paying the same as before when 2 or more were insured for a set amount, I was only effectively covered for half because the RACV stuffed my policy details up. Needless to say I have no insurance policies with RACV anymore.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2005, 07:12 AM   #43
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljh74
Getting away from car insurance, but still on RACV - I had a contents policy with RACV for a few years and in the last year of that policy I discovered that my housemate wasn't on the policy - meaning he wasn't covered. I only changed it once to drop one of the 3 people off the policy as he moved out. I never instructed RACV to delete a second name. So while I was paying the same as before when 2 or more were insured for a set amount, I was only effectively covered for half because the RACV stuffed my policy details up. Needless to say I have no insurance policies with RACV anymore.
Rubbish
If you have a contents policy on a home it is covered in the home. it does not halve just because 1 name is not on the policy as a policy holder. So many married couples have a one name policy for one reason or another it makes NO difference to the amount of cover, only difference it does make is that if a policy holder is not listed they cannot get information about the policy without the policy holders permission and it would also mean the policy holder has to make any claim. As for "instructing" them to remove a policy holder, you can't do that by yourself either. Under Privacy laws the only one that can remove a name from a policy is that policy holder themselves or an executor of a will can ask that the policy be put into "the estate of the late xxxx". And please do not get policy holders,contacts & listed drivers mixed up.