Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 27-06-2009, 06:27 PM   #1
calais
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default AU 2 Pursuit Ute 200kw Advice

G'day guys,

Until about one week ago I had all my ducks lined up to get myself into an FG XR6T ZF, however due to investment houses demanding more cash, I am unable to afford the FG.

I am now looking at a few utes that I can afford with the cash I have on hand. I have come across an AU2 XR8 Pursuit ute with the Tickford 200kw engine. The vehicle is as follows;

-67,000kms
-Vixen Red
-5 spd manual
-Leather Interior
-Listed Price of $17,999

And appears to be in almost showroom condition and looks to be pretty well babied (it has new OEM dunlop rubber on it.) The bloke I spoke to at the dealership I spoke to said it was definately a nicer example, otherwise it wouldnt be on his dealership showroom floor (Metro Ford)

I would like to hear from people who currently own or have owned one, with respect to any potential problems I should be looking for upon inspection, and also what they are like to own with respect to fuel economy and performance, and of course maintenance.

I havent ever owned or driven a Ford 5.0 V8 and this one so far to me looks the goods, but any advice is greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Ash

calais is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2009, 07:00 PM   #2
CRAIGAU3220
Cat be Still !!!

Nice low klm, fuel economy really depends on how you drive i struggle to get 400km around town, Performance wise get a free flowing zoost for a little more pull up top and a nice sound after that you have to go a head and cam package or stroke it to have any real noticeable gains.

If you haven't driven one yet you are sure to like the typical low end torque that Windsors are known for.
CRAIGAU3220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2009, 07:09 PM   #3
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

A little pricey, but kms and condition help, but a very tidy example
It would be Venom red aswell.
Id ask them if it is indeed a Pursuit as it doesnt have skirts with the Pursuit badge (Yes i know its not a 250 : )

Here is the car Clicky
Old 27-06-2009, 07:21 PM   #4
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Only way to findout if its a pursuit or not would be to check the vin#.

Must be a mid to late 2001 model XR8 as it has the 200kw engine and no side skirts or front pods.

Good clean car with low kms. They are very reliable and perform quite well.
philstoj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2009, 08:49 PM   #5
calais
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cheers for the responses so far!

Purely for references sake... what sort of L/100km would I be looking at for highway running? Reason I ask is, most of my travel is interstate and thats the conditions I would most likely be running. Also what sort of 0-100km and 0-400m times did these things run when released?

Ash.
Old 27-06-2009, 10:22 PM   #6
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Looks like any other XR8 ute to me very clean unit but all the pre 250 pursuits I have carried new all had full body kits and badging , thats not to say it's not a good buy as such.. fuel wise you should see 550/600 to the tank hwy running and hi 14s on the 1/4.. Just noticed it doesn't appear to have the Tickford plate listing any options either. Fairly shore they had the kit listed on it as well as the leather trim ext.

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".

Last edited by Whoosha; 27-06-2009 at 10:32 PM.
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2009, 11:49 AM   #7
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoosha
Just noticed it doesn't appear to have the Tickford plate listing any options either. Fairly shore they had the kit listed on it as well as the leather trim ext.
Believe it or not whoosh they dont have the tickford plate for the skirts or roll bar on the pursuits, they are a standard item on that model, just like the pursuit 250's dont have them listed aswell for body kits etc.
Old 28-06-2009, 09:12 PM   #8
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by philstoj
Believe it or not whoosh they dont have the tickford plate for the skirts or roll bar on the pursuits, they are a standard item on that model, just like the pursuit 250's dont have them listed aswell for body kits etc.
Yeah I would believe it : but still carn"t figure why this one would have no kit at all as that was the whole selling point of it at the time
Old 28-06-2009, 09:32 PM   #9
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

From what ive seen over the years since they have been released, they call the utes with the 200kw engine pursuits.

People dont realise that they are their own model, not really a $1000 package, the vin# confirms its a pursuit, and also its insured as a pursuit with a higher value.

Last edited by philstoj; 28-06-2009 at 09:39 PM.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:17 AM   #10
calais
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So basically I should be wary of this vehicle then? It is being advertised as a pursuit, but has none of the pursuit verification; ie Tickford plates and so on?
Old 01-07-2009, 08:20 PM   #11
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

The jury's still out at the min. we have had up to 5 AU 11 utes in the gang 4 of them 200s 3 brand new and 2 6cyls and none ever claimed to be pursuits, as far as I know there were only 200 ish V8s and about the same in i6s with the "Pursuit label" all as far as I know had the body kits and some other extras thrown in Thats not to say I'm rite, or the ute your looking at is not worth the $$ Heres a picky of a genuine one I carted to a dealer Sorry about the quality but it was a while ago
the same body kit was available as a option on the later model less the badging

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Old 01-07-2009, 11:19 PM   #12
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Theres a few pics floating around on the site of mine aswell.

Heres a pic of it when it was 6 months old, i ordered mine in nov 2000 and picked it up march 7th 2001 when it was offically released.

Old 02-07-2009, 12:33 AM   #13
calais
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cheers for all the advice guys!

I have decided after looking around and driving a couple of 200kw windsors and one 250kw stroker, to wait a few months, save a few grand more and go for a Pursuit 250. Once I drove the 5.6L stroker, the sound and the feel of the thing just made me feel as though I couldnt settle for the 5.0L.

Cheers and thanks again,

Ash.
Old 02-07-2009, 12:36 AM   #14
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cant go wrong either way mate, good luck and make sure you post up some pics when you get it.