Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 09-08-2009, 11:48 AM   #1
Travisty FTT
'06 Ford Territory Turbo

Default What types of Ford AU are there?

Just a general question. I was talking to a mate about a few different types of AU out there yesterday and he threw the name of one out there that I haven't heard before. I think is was something like "AVS Sprint" or something and that there were only 145 of them made?

So, I was just wondering, what are all the variants on the Ford AU, like the TS50 and SR e.g. and whether or not anyone can confirm about the AVS thing. Cheers.

Travisty FTT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2009, 12:27 PM   #2
blownv8au
Pro Street Au Ute

g'day, i think the avs one is a dealer badged one not ford like sr and xr, fairmont, forte, rebel.
blownv8au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2009, 12:52 PM   #3
Travisty FTT
'06 Ford Territory Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjm58
g'day, i think the avs one is a dealer badged one not ford like sr and xr, fairmont, forte, rebel.
Any ideas what the differences between the AVS Series and the rest of the AUs are? Are they cheaper than say an XR6 or a Rebel?
Old 09-08-2009, 01:37 PM   #4
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Your mate is talking about a VCT ST (also known as Sprint). 125 of them built. Pretty sure all are Series 3s. I've got one And they are from the factory, not dealers

Basically it's exactly the same as any other XR6 except it has the 18" wheels from the TE50, "ST" stickers on the rear doors, full leather interior with momo bits, Rebel bodykit and some of them came out with a sunroof. Not sure if there is anything different mechanically. Not sure the resale would be too much higher than a normal XR6.

They were also the only AU to come out in Blueprint if I remember correctly.

** edit ** I just remembered there was a 2 door prototype being made that was also called an AVS something or other (as the next model was going to be called an AV). It never went to production and there was only 2 built. Could also be what your mate is on about.
clontarf_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2009, 01:52 PM   #5
Travisty FTT
'06 Ford Territory Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by clontarf_x
Your mate is talking about a VCT ST (also known as Sprint). 125 of them built. Pretty sure all are Series 3s. I've got one And they are from the factory, not dealers

Basically it's exactly the same as any other XR6 except it has the 18" wheels from the TE50, "ST" stickers on the rear doors, full leather interior with momo bits, Rebel bodykit and some of them came out with a sunroof. Not sure if there is anything different mechanically. Not sure the resale would be too much higher than a normal XR6.

They were also the only AU to come out in Blueprint if I remember correctly.

** edit ** I just remembered there was a 2 door prototype being made that was also called an AVS something or other (as the next model was going to be called an AV). It never went to production and there was only 2 built. Could also be what your mate is on about.

Would you happen to have any pictures?
Old 09-08-2009, 01:55 PM   #6
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

of the ST or the AVS?
clontarf_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2009, 02:09 PM   #7
Travisty FTT
'06 Ford Territory Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by clontarf_x
of the ST or the AVS?
Either. I'm curious to see what the differences in looks are and or what stickers they have on them to distinguish them from other AUs would be.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:39 PM   #8
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

There's a mob in Adelaide called ASV (Adelaide Special Vehicles) that did kits for cars, mainly for commonwhores but I'm sure I've seen an AU with a kit somewhere, that was in SA though. Maybe he's getting his acronyms mixed up,lol.

Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2009, 04:20 PM   #9
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Havoc
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2009, 05:26 PM   #10
Stattic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

umm im pretty sure AVS cars were one of the e-series special editions
256rwkw

BA manual Typhoon
Fully optioned, 340rwkw@16psi (thanks Bluepower)!

The old ride....
AU Fairmont, cammed beast, R.I.P you made my p plate years bearable!
150.8rwkw courtesy BPR
Stattic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2009, 06:52 PM   #11
CRAIGAU3220
Cat be Still !!!

Blueprint was available from March 02 for XR series and T series.
CRAIGAU3220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post