Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 19-09-2009, 08:29 AM   #1
Rev55
Starter Motor

Default A miss when under load

Hi Guys

I brought an 2001 SR a couple of weeks back in good nick with 165000 on the clock. It had a miss when under load a low revs, so I replaced the fuel filter and leads with some top gun 300's , then gave it a good dose of nulon injector cleaner. There was quiet an improvement but it still has a bit of a miss when going up hills. The plugs look pretty new and the gaps are all good, having said that, if it was a plug I would expect it to miss more often. Is the coil pack the next step or am I missing some. Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards
Bernie

Rev55 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2009, 09:57 AM   #2
Rev55
Starter Motor

Just another thought, if I took it to a ford workshop would their diagnostic
gear pick up the particular fault

Bernie
Old 19-09-2009, 10:58 AM   #3
JMO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If it is throwing up a code it will come up. I've been having issues with rough idle for a while now and I still can't make my mind up if I should take it to Ford for a diagnostic to see if they can pick up the problem. It's a bit of a mystery.

It could be the coil pack. It could also be the fuel filter is blocked. You also mentioned that it is bad when going up hills, perhaps this is a sign of a faulty fuel pump as the petrol in the tank will move making it hard for it to pickup.

Food for thought

Last edited by JMO; 19-09-2009 at 11:05 AM.
JMO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2009, 01:00 PM   #4
Rev55
Starter Motor

Thanks JMO

Yeah it a real in the butt. I’ve replaced the fuel filter. It’s the intermittent missing that's so annoying and funny you should mention it but there is a cough or occasional miss at idle. I just came back from a 40km run and the bloody thing never missed a beat, I tried my hardest to load it up as much as possible going up hills and she just chugged her way along in 4th and never looked like missing. Got back home and pulled up at the lights and sure enough there a little cough in the idle ever 30 seconds or so.
Old 19-09-2009, 08:03 PM   #5
Erich

tried an ECU reset - does great things sometimes ;)
Erich is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2009, 09:01 PM   #6
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

Coil pack.