Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 25-09-2009, 07:01 PM   #1
Halfmo Rocks
Bearded Hermit

Default Replacing Spark plug leads

gone for some new spark plug leads, they claim higher performance...but i'm really just doing it to pretty up the engine bay with blue leads rather than the dirty red ones that it came with.

i'm sure i can figure it out, but i would appreciate some help as to where/how to connect them. especially if there are pictures involved. I tried searching existing threads...but if one exists, i missed it - all help appreciated

Halfmo Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2009, 07:20 PM   #2
REDAUXR6II

Hey Mate,

I recently did mine only takes about 20 mins or so.

I found it was much easier to get to them from the topside of the engine, just make sure the engine is cold when you try so as not to burn the buggery out of your arm.

Just take of all the intake piping and the airbox, from there you can easily reach under the BBM to get access to the coil pack.

Then just replace them one at a time, but be careful not to over bend the leads otherwise you will stuff them.

Not much to it once you feel around a bit.
REDAUXR6II is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2009, 07:39 PM   #3
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

or you jack the car up, pull the coil pack out dissconnect the old leads reconnect the new leads, make sure you number them!!, dont want cross overs, feed the leads between the head and the bbm. connect the coil pack back up from underneath, drop the car back down, then reconnect them,

Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors
frd906 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2009, 09:40 PM   #4
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Rocks
gone for some new spark plug leads, they claim higher performance...but i'm really just doing it to pretty up the engine bay with blue leads rather than the dirty red ones that it came with.

i'm sure i can figure it out, but i would appreciate some help as to where/how to connect them. especially if there are pictures involved. I tried searching existing threads...but if one exists, i missed it - all help appreciated
Top of this page has this
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11244844
Then in there you can find this
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11256369
complete with pictures Hope it helps

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2009, 09:48 PM   #5
AndrewR_AUII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I took off the air filter box, wasn't that hard from that direction
AndrewR_AUII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2009, 10:49 PM   #6
Halfmo Rocks
Bearded Hermit

cheers for the help all...taking off the airbox seems like the plan - after the sydney dust storm the other day, i wanna do a good clean under the bonnet...so pulling things like that off seem like a good idea.... will post reply with progress & before & after pics
Halfmo Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post