Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-09-2009, 01:14 PM   #61
VSSII

I don't look at too many auto websites but FF always takes first prize in the paranoia stakes lol! Always good for a giggle. I see it as nothing more than getting uninsured people who won't pay their bills off the road. I couldn't care less about 'forgetful' people who are one or two days overdue. If you hit my car where does that leave me? Ticket revenue in NSW is about 280 million. That wouldn't even cover 1/4 of the annual police budget. The average revenue in NSW from 1 HWP car isn't enough to fund that car for a year. VIC and their dirty hidden cameras get about 900 mill. Do some basic sums before jumping on the ACA/TT revenue bandwagon. DIscussion is great but an informed discussion is much better.
VSSII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2009, 09:15 AM   #62
bathurst77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

NSW Police are using the same system.
bathurst77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2009, 10:39 AM   #63
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77
NSW Police are using the same system.
where??

nsw has to have marked speed camera's, they the gov know that they are in power because of such measures.
if they try and change that they will be voted out, and they know it.
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2009, 10:45 AM   #64
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by balthazarr
Sure, fine cars that are unregistered - link the system to cameras that take a photo and then post an infringement notice to the owner.
It's unregistered - where are they going to post the fine to??

I think this is a great idea, currently driving an unreg vehicle would be attractive to people because they know there is so little chance of being caught. The fact it exists is a deterrent - a bit like publicising that all drivers leaving the footy will be breathalised will deter people from drink driving - well most people anyway!

burnz - I think bathurst77 is talking about the rego checks

Last edited by outback_ute; 28-09-2009 at 10:53 AM.
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2009, 11:03 AM   #65
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by outback_ute
It's unregistered - where are they going to post the fine to??

I think this is a great idea, currently driving an unreg vehicle would be attractive to people because they know there is so little chance of being caught. The fact it exists is a deterrent - a bit like publicising that all drivers leaving the footy will be breathalised will deter people from drink driving - well most people anyway!

burnz - I think bathurst77 is talking about the rego checks
oh ok yeah he's right, the truck point to point camera system is used to monitor unregoed vehicle's.(log book primarily)
and allso hand out warnings of exessive speed (cars).
i beleive it's a three strike for truck's.(speed)
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2009, 11:22 AM   #66
barra265t
Banned

Is the system only able to run Rego checks on local Victorian cars? What if the car is on interstate plates?
barra265t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post