Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 28-10-2009, 11:41 AM   #1
ch33z1l
Dawn

Default Akon Melbourne concert ends in brawl. 18 injured.

Has anyone heard about this?

I had friends that went down for the concert, and they left disgusted.

Would just like to say, its pretty bad, when you can't go to a music concert these days without someone throwing a fist. Unbelievable that Akon ran into the crowd to break it up!

There is a few videos on youtube. Pretty nasty

ch33z1l is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2009, 11:58 AM   #2
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

yeah heard on the news this morning. No doubt started over something trivial.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2009, 12:04 PM   #3
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here's a news article on it:
http://www.cbc.ca/arts/music/story/2...melbourne.html
rag top is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2009, 12:28 PM   #4
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Try going to see an Acka Dacka tribute band some time.. Even the bogan chick's want to punch on.. :
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2009, 08:04 PM   #5
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Interestingly, I went alone to see Tool a few years ago, and felt safer among the predominantly young male crowd than I did going to Evanescence with friends.

Even standing outside the Sydney Ent. Cent. waiting for my ride home, all of the guys that came over to me were just asking what I thought of the show, and talking about the gig.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2009, 08:16 PM   #6
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Snoop dogg here in Adelaide was great I saw no brawls or fights. Everyone just debated who was better, snoop or the support acts . I had a great time
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2009, 08:24 PM   #7
caputo23
05 BA MkII XR8

i went to rock the block last year i think, and there was a fight in the crowd, akon jumped off stage and put one of the guys in a arm lock and threw him out of the concert. it may be just a coincidence or it may be staged, this was in adelaide

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...88#post4823988
caputo23 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2009, 11:26 PM   #8
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

I read a little about this in the paper today. Some people...
chrisfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2009, 12:38 AM   #9
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

My girlfriend and a few work friends went to the Sydney concert last night and were not impressed.

He didn't show till 10:30, then did a lot of talking, then hinted at singing some of his token songs, but didn't, then did some more talking (something about how to pick up and treat girls???), then some self promotion of where the after party was going to be at... Apparently MANY were leaving because they gave up waiting, and many were agitated and annoyed with the whole performance. Apparently he did the same amount of talking as singing. Groups of drugged teenagers walking around, guys brewing for a fight.. So glad I didn't go....

Then he hopped on the back of a security guards back and did a lap of the arena, and everyone like ants would flock to the side he was at.

With such a poor performance no wonder tempers rise.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2009, 02:20 AM   #10
Zero_PSI
Banned

I think Akon is crap for obvious reasons (I'm into the darker side of music). But at AFI a few years ago I went with my brother and his mates. When a few of my brothers friends was in the crowd some random turned around and hit the asain friend of my brother.

Needless to say revenge was seeked and the outcome out the front after the show wasn't pretty.
Zero_PSI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2009, 08:49 PM   #11
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
Try going to see an Acka Dacka tribute band some time.. Even the bogan chick's want to punch on.. :
I went and seen the AC/DC tribute band Thunderstruck earlier this year, everyone was very well behaved! Mind you i was at a local biker clubs private bar and my dad is good friends with the club and rides with them, so you would have had a death wish to do something silly there lol!