Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Closed Thread

Old 13-11-2009, 11:54 AM   #1
99_falcon

Post AU Fuel Economy v2

There seems to be quite difference in my last thead about the AU fuel economy.

What I would like people to do is reply with their average city and highway L/100Km and also mention if their car is a 6 or and 8, any major mods which could affect fuel economy and their driving style ie. have a heavy right foot etc.

I would like to get a few numbers so I can work out the average for AU falcons.

Cheers

Old 13-11-2009, 12:32 PM   #2
Stattic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

isnt that what people were saying in the last thread? :S
256rwkw

BA manual Typhoon
Fully optioned, 340rwkw@16psi (thanks Bluepower)!

The old ride....
AU Fairmont, cammed beast, R.I.P you made my p plate years bearable!
150.8rwkw courtesy BPR
Old 13-11-2009, 12:35 PM   #3
99_falcon

yea true, i was just thinking it would b easier to have the numbers seperate from all the talking but it doesnt really matter
Old 13-11-2009, 12:38 PM   #4
lofty
Rusticating

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent article on AU Power window installation. 

And what's the point of an average? How will that help anyone? Just make up a number. Or do a search and read the other zillion fuel consumption threads - including your own. FFS!

Territory SYII RWD, BFII RTV tray
Old 13-11-2009, 12:40 PM   #5
99_falcon

4get i even posted this thread
Old 13-11-2009, 01:33 PM   #6
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thats why you post in 1 thread, you will always get people talking about the fuel comsumption, but you will always get what your looking for if you sit back and read what has been posted, 99 percent of posts have good info

Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors
Old 13-11-2009, 01:47 PM   #7
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

14 & 10
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
Old 13-11-2009, 01:57 PM   #8
Dave_Obsession
Resident AFF detailer

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Helpful and detailed posts on car care. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by frd906
thats why you post in 1 thread, you will always get people talking about the fuel comsumption, but you will always get what your looking for if you sit back and read what has been posted, 99 percent of posts have good info
Coming from a notorious thread hijacker, that's funny.......anyways, back on topic - I seem to get something around 12-14 in city, 9-10 on highways.....
Old 13-11-2009, 02:02 PM   #9
Dave_Obsession
Resident AFF detailer

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Helpful and detailed posts on car care. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lofty
And what's the point of an average? How will that help anyone? Just make up a number. Or do a search and read the other zillion fuel consumption threads - including your own. FFS!
Easy mate.

Does it matter why he wants an average?? For his own curiosity, if nothing else! If you don't want to help him, don't post anything. Sure, I might not understand why he wants to work out the average.....but I'll give my numbers to help him do whatever it is he's trying to do!!!! I thought forums are (in one way) about helping others with info!!!!

Searches are always helpful as well, but a lot of the time what you're looking for isn't quite answered completely by older threads.....that's why people post threads with the same sorts of questions!

Besides, if everybody just did searches, it wouldn't be much of a forum now, would it??
Old 13-11-2009, 02:13 PM   #10
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave93761
Easy mate.

Does it matter why he wants an average?? For his own curiosity, if nothing else! If you don't want to help him, don't post anything. Sure, I might not understand why he wants to work out the average.....but I'll give my numbers to help him do whatever it is he's trying to do!!!! I thought forums are (in one way) about helping others with info!!!!

Searches are always helpful as well, but a lot of the time what you're looking for isn't quite answered completely by older threads.....that's why people post threads with the same sorts of questions!

Besides, if everybody just did searches, it wouldn't be much of a forum now, would it??
Agreed, but there are many other very large AU specific threads with this exact purpose that shouldnt be more than a few pages back.
Old 13-11-2009, 02:40 PM   #11
lofty
Rusticating

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent article on AU Power window installation. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99_falcon
4get i even posted this thread
Mate, I'm sorry if my tone was a bit harsh. Nonetheless,
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave93761
... if everybody just did searches, it wouldn't be much of a forum now, would it??
I think that would make it a most excellent forum!

Territory SYII RWD, BFII RTV tray
Old 13-11-2009, 03:43 PM   #12
Stattic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thing is he doesnt need to do a search, he started the same thread yesterday
it certainly didnt get off topic, everyone was posting their economy figures there
now both threads are gona be active with people saying the same thing
256rwkw

BA manual Typhoon
Fully optioned, 340rwkw@16psi (thanks Bluepower)!

The old ride....
AU Fairmont, cammed beast, R.I.P you made my p plate years bearable!
150.8rwkw courtesy BPR
Old 13-11-2009, 03:46 PM   #13
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

By doing a search you will find there is a very long run thread regarding AU fuel consumption figures.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
Closed Thread