Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 26-11-2009, 07:19 PM   #1
amiers
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default radio and aerial

have had to connect and disconnect the battery quiet a few times in my Fairlane in the last few days. now the radio(6 stack premium) is showing error. i have noticed that when i reconnect the battery i can hear it trying to do something, and then error on the screen. this happens with the ignition off and no key in and the radio off at the unit.?

also when i first connect the battery i can hear the power aerial making noise, like its trying to go up, should it do that? Should the radio and aerial have power r operate with the ignition off?

i only had the stacker replaced last year so i hope its not buggered. is there anyone in Brisbane that services these units?

amiers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2009, 10:32 PM   #2
peterban
AULTD

I think the error message usually comes up if the code has been incorrectly entered.
The more incorrect tries the longer you have to wait for error to clear and enable you to input the code.
Just leave the key on accessories and wait until error disappears. It may take awhile.
peterban is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2009, 12:07 AM   #3
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

as peterban said, just leave it on accessories for a while, possibly hours.
Old 27-11-2009, 01:40 AM   #4
amiers
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i did punch the code in wrong once. so would that mean that if i disconnect the battery before it resets the time, or the remaining time will start again when the power is reconnected?
Old 27-11-2009, 02:11 AM   #5
amiers
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

didnt have time to edit above post.

i think you are both right. however it still worries me that when i connect the battery, with key out, i can hear the power aerial and the cd player running through what ever it is they do. could i have a short or something and they are draining power while the car is off?
Old 27-11-2009, 05:51 AM   #6
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiers
didnt have time to edit above post.

i think you are both right. however it still worries me that when i connect the battery, with key out, i can hear the power aerial and the cd player running through what ever it is they do. could i have a short or something and they are draining power while the car is off?
No. the radio has 1 hour keyless function and will cycle each time it is disconnected

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2009, 08:47 AM   #7
whiskers
gone fishing

this same thing happened to me yesterday I had to take the radio out of my car to get the A/C control panel fixed. tried to put the radio back on an error code popped up why I don't know as I hadn't even put in the code, but as stated above I left it for about an hour and all was good.

about the the other stuff I'm not sure about but I would say it is just the power going to it or as woosha has posted about the 1 hour keyless fuction.

cheers
Old 27-11-2009, 09:10 AM   #8
amiers
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Forgot about the keyless function, DER! thanks guys, as usual my sanity is saved by the forum!