Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 01-12-2009, 06:24 PM   #1
amiers
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default O2 sensors and fuel

how much does your O2 sensors affect fuel consumption? i just had a fault scan done and no fault codes came up, but i know the sensor's are at least 80-100,00k's old.

amiers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2009, 06:36 PM   #2
whiskers
gone fishing

quite a lot you will notice the difference if you put a new one in, apparently they are suppose to be changed over around 100k or so, get them from ebay as the ones from ford are pretty expensive.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:05 PM   #3
FPVGT0

As said above have a look on ebay.
Look for the username performanceworld1 on ebay, he has a store called Performance World Store.
He usually has cheap brand new factory replacement parts. If it is not listed in his store, contact him as he will more than likely be able to get what you need, as he has done for me.
FPVGT0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2009, 07:10 PM   #4
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is there a way to test the oxygen sensor, such as a voltage reading to see if it is ok?

When it packed up in my old Fairlane my kms per tank were halved, only got about 350km out of about 65 litres of LPG.
smoo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2009, 07:23 PM   #5
macman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just some info to add to the brew...

I was having idling issues after my computer was reset (battery disconnected) in my TE50. Took it to a garage who plugged the computer into the dash to find any errors that might be there. An error with one of the oxygen sensors showed up - it was working but working 'slowly' apparently. They were the original sensors (had original leads and plugs too mind you but that's another story) - car at the time was on 240,000 k's.

I bought some new sensors (after market not genuine) from Repco for $90 or so each and had them fitted. Error was cleared but engine still ran rough a day later... I reset the computer again and it picked up and runs nicely now.

Only issue is that BEFORE the battery was disconnected, I had NO problems what so ever, even with the apparent errors and all. Also as a side-note, after the computer was reset my Tickford alarm system started working again too which was weird...

What stands out is that before all this I was getting 500k's to a tank of premium. Now I'm lucky to get 350k's to a tank...
macman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post