Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 14-12-2009, 11:03 AM   #1
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Default Help with Stereo (prem. audio) XR8

Hi guys,

I need some help with the stereo in my XR8, its totally frozen and a red light has come on next to the LOAD button.

The on/off button doesn't do anything when pressed.

The last time I used it (yesterday arvo) I was listening to the radio (not a CD) and turned the stereo off manually before switching the car off.

Any help greatly appreciated!

LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2009, 11:14 AM   #2
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Try disconecting the battery to reset it ( if you have the code ) failing that It has to come out

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2009, 01:52 PM   #3
Dave_Obsession
Resident AFF detailer

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Helpful and detailed posts on car care. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoosha
Try disconecting the battery to reset it ( if you have the code ) failing that It has to come out
+1

Not sure there's much else you can do, apart from what Whoosha said...
Old 15-12-2009, 12:26 PM   #4
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Yeah I've tried shouting at it but that didn't work so I'm going to disconnect the battery.

I've got all the books that came with the car but I cant figure out where the security code is listed?
Old 15-12-2009, 01:01 PM   #5
STHSV8

If you can't find the security code then take your rego papers to a Ford dealer along with some ID and they should help you out.
STHSV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2009, 01:06 PM   #6
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadFoot81
Yeah I've tried shouting at it but that didn't work so I'm going to disconnect the battery.

I've got all the books that came with the car but I cant figure out where the security code is listed?
Or send me a pm with your vin # and I will get it for you :
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2009, 01:42 PM   #7
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Came home this morning and the missus tells me her radio/6 stacker isn't working and only the red light next to the load button is coming on, just as you described. So I've just been out to have a look and a fiddle and fixed it. First I pulled the 2 radio fuses as shown in the factory service manual and refitted them. I did this with the ignition off and turned the unit on (1 hour play remember) and heard the CDs' loading but still no LED screen so then I tried to eject the CDs'. got 2 out before the whole lot stopped working completely. Hmmmm, ok , go get the keys and turn on the ignition, still nothing so I turn off the ignition and pull the fuses again. I replaced the 15A fuse 3 in from the right (top row), then turned on the ignition... nothing..., then remembered the 5A fuse on the left and refitted it, doh! ,(3 in from left, top row) still with the ignition on and low and behold, the screen came to life and asked for the code. I put the code in and it's all good, back to normal; lets' just hope it lasts, haha.

It worked for me, hope it works for you.

Cheers
Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2009, 03:45 PM   #8
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Thanks for the tip Bushbasher, it worked a treat!

I pulled out and re-inserted the 'radio 1' fuse (it was not damaged)

I could then hear the stacker whirring (maybe readjusting itself or something?)

Then the enter code message popped up.

LUCKILY at some point someone scribbled the radio code in the back of the service book.

I think the problem may have been a jammed CD?

Anyways thanks again, and thank you to everyone that tried to help out.

Cheers, Rob