Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 01-02-2010, 05:48 PM   #1
5L
[ 5L ]

Default STOMP xr8 picture

was browsing the internet last week, and came across a stomp picture of an au2 xr8 in narooma. lol i had to buy it.

finally got it today front shot is au2, rear shot is au3 but ohwell still looks good.

i hadnt seen the au2 pictures, or any narooma blue au's on there site before. does anyone know how long they have been available for?

now all i want is a little model car of an au2 xr8 in narooma, but all i can seem to find is au 1's

[ 5L ] 2001 AU series 2 xr8, 220kw, 5speed, leather interior, premium sound, narooma blue, cat back exhaust, k&n filter,willall edit,MSD coil packs, MSD leads, monroe gt gas shocks, superlow kingsprings 187rwkw (mainline)

www.ignitionimages.com
5L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2010, 05:57 PM   #2
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

The only AU2 model made (to my knowledge) is an XR8 ute (cloth interior, no bodykit) [what were they thinking] its a manual at least and has the famous 17s and optional sports bar. I have one in silver for obvious reasons, Ive seen the same model in white and red, dont know about other colors. Id give my leftie for a 1:18 AU2 XR! And Id like a 1:18 S1 to go with it.

I have the same stomp print in silver, shame about the S3 rear, BA XR badges and lack of Tickford logos but still a great print.
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2010, 06:02 PM   #3
5L
[ 5L ]

so the au2 has been available for a while then?

yeah shame about the stuff mentioned, but ohwell it looks good hanging up.

and yeah shame about the lack of model au's

haha forgot to mention, lol joke on facebook i said i was going to get the black texta out to touch up the wheels and turn it into my car ;)
[ 5L ] 2001 AU series 2 xr8, 220kw, 5speed, leather interior, premium sound, narooma blue, cat back exhaust, k&n filter,willall edit,MSD coil packs, MSD leads, monroe gt gas shocks, superlow kingsprings 187rwkw (mainline)

www.ignitionimages.com
5L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2010, 09:27 PM   #4
urbancowboy

I saw these pictures on ebay recently it looks great except for the mentioned things!
Theres 1/43 scale Narooma blue XR utes on ebay, cant remeber if its AU1 or 2 or 3? but i decided to let it go!
P.S. 5L in a couple of months my Narooma Blue AU2 XR8 will also have black wheels! Sorry bout copying but it just looks so damned good! only differences between mine and yours is my taillights and front indicators are tinted black as. But intend to change the fronts back to clear, put side clears on, and black LED style taillights soon too. Then get the car resprayed with my big rear wing put on it and a BA hump grafted on the bonnet.
urbancowboy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2010, 01:28 AM   #5
Windsor220
Now Fordless

http://stompshop.com/

List of all cars available there. Interesting you can get your own car done.

Pity about the models. The only one I have seen is the ute. I wouldnt mind getting one of my car too.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2010, 08:48 PM   #6
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Yeah i been wanting to get the one of my TE i just havnt yet. They look good imo.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:10 PM   #7
SSD-85
Donating Member
Donating Member1

I noticed in the corner that it seems to be an Official Ford Licensed Product. How could Ford slap their approval on something with so many inconsistencies?

Im sure you may all already have spotted them all, but ill list just for the sake of it

- BA XR8 logo
- Background car has rebel bodykit, 220 badge but no rebel wheels and/or no series III badging
- Foreground is indeed an AU2 220, as it lacks the grey areas on side skirting/rear bumper, also has body colour mirrors & orange indicators. But see last point.
- To the best of my knowledge, Narooma blue was not available until 2001 S2.
- Wheres the friggin Tickford logos?
- And most importantly all this is being dated as a 2000 AU2.

I know this is all nit-picking and it does look nice. But as a discerning AU owner I guess these things become infuriatingly obvious. And to have the License slapped on it shows Ford didnt look closely enough at its authenticity to the original product.
SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2010, 09:00 PM   #8
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Re Tickford badges, when the company approached FoA for approval. They would have said 'Tickford what is that?' :