Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 23-02-2010, 08:46 AM   #1
bluefin59
Starter Motor

Default oil pressure gauge

Hi guys ,i posted a while ago about a dropping oil pressure problem and it has been ok since i changed oil and filter but the gauge on the dash of my ghia has been a little irratic sometimes falling a little with the air on on a hot day . Sometimes after i have driven with the air on when its a stinking hot day over 30 at least the gauge will drop away but when i turn the air off it will rise again to almost normal levels . Yesterday i drove without air and the gauge went up over its normal level so i turned the air on and it fell back to normal again ,do you think its a sender problem or maybe a regulator or what ever control the power around the car . I only put a new battery in last year or could it be the aircon but it has always worked fine ,if anyone has come across a problem similar could you please help as i am a bit confused where to go with this it is so intermitent that i am not sure what to do thanks in advance ...matt

bluefin59 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2010, 10:26 PM   #2
aufairmontghia
XR6

Try running a earth lead from the negative terminal on the battery to one of the engine mount bolts on the drivers side. These leads are available at supercheap for cheap.

I've done this mod to my Ghia....

The AU's are notorious for bad earthing!!!!!
aufairmontghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2010, 10:03 AM   #3
bluefin59
Starter Motor

Thanks for the tip mate but mine is already done,i took the car to my auto electrician and it turned out the regulator in the alternater was not doing its job and was giving low voltage sometimes and spiking sometimes so he put in a new one now its putting out regular voltage and oil pressure gauge is now stable . Must say the car appears to actually be running better as well ,maybe voltage all over the place was confusing the computer ...matt
bluefin59 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post