Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-06-2010, 11:01 PM   #31
BOSHOG
avenge me

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimNiki
but apart from that, she's a little ripper right? No?

go the fords!
Aren't the Ranger a bit squishy in the rear though.

Sometimes I feel that because they've created a work car that doubles as a family weekender, all these manufacturers charge extra for the privilege for saving us buying 2 separate vehicles.
thats exactly what theyve done, ya just need to weigh up whether its better to have 2 dedicated vehicles or one of these dual purpose vehicles that really doesnt suit our needs. its a tough decision
Old 02-06-2010, 09:41 AM   #32
pb02
inconceivable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
I stated in my OP that i am subjected to driving one for work. Between the crook seats, bone jarring ride and intergalactic turbo lag, i suppose you'd have to say the build quality is satisfactory. Apart from the recall, amirite?
I don't have any issues with seats and I've driven mine to Adelaide and spent many weekends driving through the high country. The factory suspension is rubbish but nothing aftermarket can't fix. I've never had an issue with turbo lag, in fact coming from a pursuit ute I thought this thing would be a sloth but once you get into 2nd gear it's got heaps of power. Given it has a 5 year warranty I would say it's more than satisfactory in terms of build quality...
If you want to talk quality I'll give you a list as long as my arm of issues I had with my pursuit in the 15 months I had it before I gave up and went with the Triton...
pb02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2010, 10:32 AM   #33
JimNiki
71Mach1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb02
I don't have any issues with seats and I've driven mine to Adelaide and spent many weekends driving through the high country. The factory suspension is rubbish but nothing aftermarket can't fix. I've never had an issue with turbo lag, in fact coming from a pursuit ute I thought this thing would be a sloth but once you get into 2nd gear it's got heaps of power. Given it has a 5 year warranty I would say it's more than satisfactory in terms of build quality...
If you want to talk quality I'll give you a list as long as my arm of issues I had with my pursuit in the 15 months I had it before I gave up and went with the Triton...
out of curiosity, were most of the issues ford or fpv related...?
violets are #0000FF
all my base
are belong to you
JimNiki is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2010, 11:08 AM   #34
pb02
inconceivable!

Quote:
out of curiosity, were most of the issues ford or fpv related...?
Bit of a mix really but probably higher percentage attributed to FPV. I had various issues with brakes, electrical, and engine management.
pb02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2010, 03:10 PM   #35
Stoney!
Happy Volkswagen owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
yeah, i know hey. You'd hope that the vast majority of them was simply blind fleet choices rather than private individuals actually choosing them as the best in the bunch. Because i'll take a Ranger over a Triton any day, and that is honestly unbiased.
Although I find the Triton's absurd looks a little nauseating, it is however the safest ute in its class with ESP as standard. I know what I'd prefer, and what I'd be buying my employee's.

Stoney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04redxr8
Holden are kicking the enemy when they are down. Trouble is Ford seems to lay down a lot.
Stoney! is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2010, 04:18 PM   #36
JimNiki
71Mach1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoney!
Although I find the Triton's absurd looks a little nauseating, it is however the safest ute in its class with ESP as standard. I know what I'd prefer, and what I'd be buying my employee's.

Stoney!
It's just amazing how different our tastes are on this forum...
(We probably represent a typical demographic of Australia)

I honestly thought that the AU was butt ugly and truly believed that everyone would think the same. Then I came to this forum and was proven wrong by many! (and out of respect for my fellow ford man ...I shut up about it). Now I hear people saying how ugly the Triton is. I absolutely adore its modern design... Funny how we all have different opinions.

I might start another poll!? hhhmmm???
violets are #0000FF
all my base
are belong to you
JimNiki is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2010, 04:39 PM   #37
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
It's just amazing how different our tastes are on this forum...
(We probably represent a typical demographic of Australia)

I honestly thought that the AU was butt ugly and truly believed that everyone would think the same. Then I came to this forum and was proven wrong by many! (and out of respect for my fellow ford man ...I shut up about it). Now I hear people saying how ugly the Triton is. I absolutely adore its modern design... Funny how we all have different opinions.

I might start another poll!? hhhmmm???
Yeah I like the Triton's looks too, but I own an AU..... haha.

Oh and I remembered another thing I hate about this class of vehicle. The crapola high-beam lights, dont they have nightime in Thailand (where most Light Commercial Vehicless are made)?

Il refrain myself now. Just having to spend a lot of time in the work hiluxes as well as other LCV rentals makes me think that the whole segment needs a good shake-up.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2010, 05:04 PM   #38
FSIXUTE
Starter Motor

i like the new triton ..the only down sized to me is that on the new one the tub is longer and its looks a bit to long for a duel cab ..but if it was a bit shorter i would get one plus it wouldent fit in my garage i had a 05 GLX-R and the only thing that it ever needed doing was to change the battery not bad in five years of course you cant compare the new one with the older shape but i think that mitsubishi have come a far way with the current triton
Old 02-06-2010, 06:12 PM   #39
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb02
I've never had an issue with turbo lag
You must have the 3.2d not the 2.5d. I've had both, i've covered more kays in the 3.2 and i dunno if it's just the extra grunt of the underlying motor, but the lag in the 3.2 is actually quite passable. In the 2.5 it is so infuriating it's not funny. All your overtaking confidence is lost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoney!
with ESP as standard
Maybe the MY10 MN's, but the ML's (the ones in question here) most certainly don't have any sort of stability control, other than their entire lack of power to get you into trouble in the first place