Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 04-08-2010, 09:35 PM   #1
White_sr_taxi

Default country pac?

hello chaps,
story so far, after "upgrading" into a silver ba MKII and turing my back on the AU because of the white SR that recived the nickname "janet, the *****", i now have a white AU series 2 wagon lol and im loving it, but i now have a question, how much higher and what was in the country pac? just higher ground clearance? or other stuff?
cheers guys

White_sr_taxi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2010, 09:04 AM   #2
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

iirc the country pack was stiffer (higher) springs and a metal sumpguard
i don't remember there being any other changes
made good cabs actually
Old 05-08-2010, 10:33 AM   #3
Dave_Obsession
Resident AFF detailer

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Helpful and detailed posts on car care. 

I remember reading somewhere that the country pack was 1 inch raised from stock??
Old 05-08-2010, 04:32 PM   #4
EV1LXR8

damn that would look like a boat... lol
EV1LXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2010, 06:11 PM   #5
AMB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always has a helpful answer in the technical sections, wether it's giving information on a simple diagnosis with a small issue, Helping someone fix their car if they are stuck on removing/installing something, or just need information on what works how. 

Ah...., that might explain my AU series 1 wagon (ex CFA car). It looks to sit high (there's so much clearance inside the guards, the 15 inch rims look like 13 inch), and it has a metal sump guard. So did the series 1 have a country pack option?
AMB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2010, 07:25 PM   #6
Mr Hardware

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

Yes they did have that as an option AMB
it should say on your compliance plate iirc
OPT20 was cop pack, iirc it has the same or similar notation for the country pack

And not really ev1lxr8, on the series III's it made them look tough - think gutter-hopper-special
Old 05-08-2010, 09:53 PM   #7
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That BA looked schmick as. Must of been a problem with the driver?
Jack91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2010, 06:37 AM   #8
The Monty
Just slidin'

Does anyone have the part numbers for Country Pack suspension, and who would make them aftermarket?
Old 06-08-2010, 07:54 AM   #9
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monty
Does anyone have the part numbers for Country Pack suspension, and who would make them aftermarket?
Something special for the blue car? Hahaha
Old 06-08-2010, 09:02 AM   #10
Mr Hardware

IIRC the springs were actually no higher than the standard springs in new form

They were just thicker and a hell of a lot stiffer so they didn't sag nearly as much, making the car ride higher

The factory dual fuel falcons like mine have country pack springs on the rear only

CREAK-CREAK
Old 06-08-2010, 12:05 PM   #11
shazaam

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVO_XR
That BA looked schmick as. Must of been a problem with the driver?

hehe yeah, didn't take him long before he was back in a AUsome car
shazaam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2010, 02:56 PM   #12
The Monty
Just slidin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
Something special for the blue car? Hahaha
LOKKA, chunky tyres, raised suspension......,.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:20 PM   #13
AMB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always has a helpful answer in the technical sections, wether it's giving information on a simple diagnosis with a small issue, Helping someone fix their car if they are stuck on removing/installing something, or just need information on what works how. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
Yes they did have that as an option AMB
it should say on your compliance plate iirc
OPT20 was cop pack, iirc it has the same or similar notation for the country pack

And not really ev1lxr8, on the series III's it made them look tough - think gutter-hopper-special
Yeh compliance plate says OPT20. Its also got the cop cluster. So the metal sump guard isn't standard, maybe it's part of the OPT20 package. Been looking for somewhere to get info about the different options like OPT20, can't find anything -you all just know from experience?
Old 06-08-2010, 09:58 PM   #14
Mr Hardware

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMB
you all just know from experience?
Yeah.

Now I used to be able to rattle off a whole list of about 8 changes with the OPT20:
Different Springs (XR6 equivalent for cops, toughened for country pack)
Sump Guard (always on country pack, only sometimes on cop pack)
2kmh increment speedo (i don't remember that being part of the country pack tbh)
Extra interior light switch on the dash (always on cop pack, never on country pack, easiest way to tell which)
4-way electric windows (for locking purposes)
And there was another one or two bits and bobs that i forget
i think thats right anyway
Old 06-08-2010, 11:51 PM   #15
AMB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yeah.

Now I used to be able to rattle off a whole list of about 8 changes with the OPT20:

1. Different Springs (XR6 equivalent for cops, toughened for country pack)
2. Sump Guard (always on country pack, only sometimes on cop pack)
3. 2kmh increment speedo (i don't remember that being part of the country pack tbh)
4. Extra interior light switch on the dash (always on cop pack, never on country pack, easiest way to tell which)
5. 4-way electric windows (for locking purposes)
And there was another one or two bits and bobs that i forget
i think thats right anyway
Yeh I think we've been through this before. I''m 100% sure its all original, not a bitsa, and it's got:
1, 2, 3, 4, hasn't got 5, and its got extra interior lights at the interior rear-vision mirror, and above the rear doors, all with their own built-in switches. Strange thing is when I pulled the drivers door skin off (when I first got the car), inside the door was years of cigarette ash that had seeped through from being ashed into the door side pocket thing. Made me think it was a survelliance car or something, don't know if CFA (country fire authority) does that sort of thing. Got a mate in the CFA, must remember to ask him. Thanks for your help.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:52 AM   #16
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monty
LOKKA, chunky tyres, raised suspension......,.
BWAHAhA nice!!!!!!
Old 07-08-2010, 11:45 AM   #17
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote:
4-way electric windows (for locking purposes)
Can you expand on that one please, I thought windows only had 2 ways, up and down, just trying to understand what you mean by 4-way electric windows.

On another note, never knew Ford did a "Country Pack". Makes good business sense though. Anyone know if they continued it through the B's and if they still do it? Or if Holden do an equivalent?
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2010, 01:09 PM   #18
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Can you expand on that one please, I thought windows only had 2 ways, up and down, just trying to understand what you mean by 4-way electric windows.

On another note, never knew Ford did a "Country Pack". Makes good business sense though. Anyone know if they continued it through the B's and if they still do it? Or if Holden do an equivalent?
I'm guessing he means all 4 doors had electric windows, AFAIK Ford stopped doing all the special packs at BA or BF? I think the only special pack Holden do is the 9C1 'police pack'

Last edited by GS608; 07-08-2010 at 01:16 PM.
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2010, 02:27 PM   #19
Mr Hardware

Yeah I mean electric windows on all four doors
iirc the term 4-way also refers to the four states, down, up, locked, unlocked.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:40 PM   #20
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR-CHIEF
I'm guessing he means all 4 doors had electric windows, AFAIK Ford stopped doing all the special packs at BA or BF? I think the only special pack Holden do is the 9C1 'police pack'
There was a "Heavy duty" suspention option for BA-FG XT sedan and wagon. The ford website shows that "Optimized heavy duty suspention" is standard on BF III wagon also.
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2010, 07:42 PM   #21
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ah ok, cheers, not really a special pack though, just optional suspension. There is no more factory taxi pack or police pack etc
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2010, 08:46 PM   #22
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR-CHIEF
Ah ok, cheers, not really a special pack though, just optional suspension. There is no more factory taxi pack or police pack etc
This is shame, too. I feel that the AU series was the last of the old school Falcons that catered to all tastes and needs. I know this saves money, but I liked the idea the a customer could customise the car to his/her needs. ie: LSD, premium brakes, sports or HD suspention, sunroof, body kit, sump gaurd, multiple drive train choices, 6 seater bench seat, or even colour/trim combo's are no longer available as options for specific models.

Makes me wish I had kept my old AU. Maybee I should have a look for another
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2010, 10:24 PM   #23
Mr Hardware

quite right dfb, the AU really was the last hurrah of the 20th century cars. 'the good old days' where you could get a 6-seat V8 base model just cause you wanted to.